your layouts

Crandell - nice overall shot. I'm still trying to figure out how to get one of those.

Chip - the switching layout is further along than I thought. Nice work

Dave and Scott, I am glad you like the view of the layout. Believe it or not, it measures 9' X 13.75', much more than a sheet of plywood, but still very modest when compared to the vast expanses that we seem to see so often in the magazines. Interestingly, it is only one foot wider than the first layout that occupied that corner of the basement, but its layout and the paneled faces that present to visitors to the basement make it seem huge...as my wife's face revealed when she saw the bench early on. :eek:

-Crandell

Great thread!
I don't have a layout anymore.. the only "layout" that exists , for me, today is the module layout from our N scale module club.
The layout is flexible! So each meeting we have a different "trackplan"!
Lot of work because of the "wiring" but we got someone who like this a lot! ( actualy it's almost like having a real job:rolleyes: )
ad a trackplan andsome pictures too

btw:SpaceMouce
I can't get the perspective I want to see on it worked out
Don't draw the perpective but paint it! Try to use the "atmospheric perpective..like "Da Vinci" I mean not the way he painted but the theory behind it...

Jos

Here's the trackplan for the BAD Western.
trackplan3.jpg

no thats not the plan for my mrr, thats mrr's that ive planned for other people....and why do u say it like that bnsfkid, who cares if im 14?

Nobody cares what age you are, but your profile and mannerisms are very much like "BNSF Kid" that was on this forum. Sorry for the mistake in identity and also thinking you needed help in design ideas, but since you are a layout designer, that was obviously incorrect. It doesn't matter since the thread took on its own direction.

Here's my plan, so far I only have one 40" radius turn down a 4% grade from the peak constructed, but I have most of the benchwork all the way there to the yard ready to go from my previous layout. This will be the THIRD time I tore the whole thing apart and learned from my mistakes, hopefully it will be the last for awhile.

untitledkj1.jpg

Hi, All!

Lets see if I can post some pictures of the Waltzing Creek & Western. It is a 32' x 32' N scale layout. No scenery yet. About 110' of mainline in place, but only about 40% of mainline is complete. West Staging is designed to be relocated as the layout grows.

The first picture is East Staging. The Second picture is Griffithville. The third picture is Batesville. The fourth picture is Perryville.

More to come!
Glenn

The first shot is of my steel mill. There are 3 different mill buildings. 2 Walthers and 1 DPM which is not finished yet.

The 2nd shot shows the West Perryville siding on the mainline and the rest of the steel mill. A coke plant will eventually be on the back wall.

The 3rd shot shows the coal mines at the end of the branch.

The 4th shot is the middle of the branch line. The 2nd coal mine from the front is Jenkins Coal. Can CJ find it?

Still more to come.
Glenn

The town of Coalton is the junction of the branch line to the main line and has a classification yard and engine terminal.

The last shot is the west staging yard. It is designed to be moved. This is its second location on the layout.

Hope you enjoyed the tour! Anyone with in driving distance is invited to attend an operating session on the 2nd Sat. at 7pm.

Glenn

Philip,

Naw, only about 10 years. The last layout was 19' x 19', so I've still got a lot buildings on shelves in the closet.

Glenn

Back