Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my FIL know about the world is what he see on CNN and Cspan! He honestly believes every word uttered by CNN and the liberal media is true!:rolleyes::mad: He's been watching way to much TV and has no real clue to what reality is

Poor deluded fool!

Chris- Good to hear the mrs is atleast outta the hospital. Obviously im hoping things work out for you. You FIL sounds like the type of dad i try to avoid when meeting my gf's parents..

Well gents today i went whitewater rafting with some friends. It was a nice time with some class II and III rapids. Tommorow im taking the kayak up to a large local lake while my parents go to a party on the lake. My dad isnt wild about going but hey, theres a graduation party afterwards! :D. Im hoping to put in and just go for a few hours. Im alittle worried about fishing though because i dont know how homeowners will react to me fishing from my kayak, but casting out towards their dock. Technically if its on the lake theres nothing they can do. Honestly if i drop my dads name, and a few names of some of the richer people on the lake ive known, they might be alittle more lenient about it, but some of the rich city folk who have summer houses on the lake are real assholes. Expect some pictures of some bass tommorow fellas :D

Chris- Good to hear the mrs is atleast outta the hospital. Obviously im hoping things work out for you. You FIL sounds like the type of dad i try to avoid when meeting my gf's parents..

:D

One rule of marrage Make sure you get along with your In-laws better than you do with your wife!:);) Or at least don't marry a woman who's parents are still alive!;) only reason my FIL doesn't like me, "I tell it like it is and when asked for my opinion I give it and tell you how I really feel!:D Right now they are running around my back fixing to stab me in it!:mad:

Good morning gang I got a 4 day weekend. yesterday I got some running around done. today I plan on power washing the patio and fixing a trailer light my son broke:rolleyes: Not much on the books today.

Good morning. It's 74 and clear. The high today is supposed to be 96 but will probably be a bit higher. It will be mostly sunny.

I finally got the chance to clean the air conditioner filter yesterday. It needed it. The filter was almost black. I would have liked to have gotten to it sooner but it was the first time I've been able to get under the layout in months. While I was under there I reconnected a turnout on the backside of the layout. I sorted through some of the rolling stock on the layout and put some of it away in the cabinet. When it sees the light of day again is anybody's guess. I also shuffled some structures around as I was getting tired of looking at some of them that just didn't look right for some reason or other. Later I did some weathering work on a Bachmann 4-8-4 and a few pieces of rolling stock.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1010809.jpg

Hows everyone today, sounds like some of you have been having a bad time of late, fingers crossed for speedy recoveries all round.

Have the government decided weather to nuke the gulf of mexico yet or let the oil spills go on risking killing the whole atlantic ocean, it's a no win situation. Nuke it and lose the oil supply, or risk letting it polute the worlds oceans for the next 30 years, glad it's not my decision

Well gents im back from the part on the lake. I promised some fish pics but youll have forgive me. I went out for about 2 hrs in the bay. It started raining after about 45 minutes. I stuck it out though and had one really nice hit. I think it was a land locked salmon, about 12-14 inches long. It hit the lure on the first cast and had the hook set. I got it about a foot from my boat when it decided to spit the hook. :( I really thought i was gonna be able to catch it. Ive got the oppurtunity to fish next weekend too and i know that lake very well. Mostly Pickerel, bass and some trout.

Have a good one fellas.

Aloha gents.....

Well I never got to power wash the patio. Instead I musterd up the courage to remove the blown motor from my RZ3016 ZTR. Holy crap what a chore, now I have to save up $800 for the replacement motor. Well I fixed the trailer lights and got the ZTR for a new motor that should be enough for today.

No new news from the wife....:rolleyes:

Good evening, everyone.

Chris, the idea of both of you getting professional marriage counseling is very sound. Dianna and I have had a few sessions, and it helped solve some issues in our marriage. I hope your wife will see the wisdom in this and not be overly influenced by her parents. Whatever happens, it's out of your control now, so I'll just keep you in my prayers and hope God guides your wife in the right direction.

Corey, it sounds like your wife had lots of adhesions, which were the main cause of her pain. Surgery for endometriosis is tricky when the doctor is trying to fix the problem but maintain reproductive capacity. I'll be interested to hear what she has to say. Believe it or not, Minnesota is sort of its own tornado alley. It has the most tornadoes of any state outside the southern Plains states and Florida. You can thank North and South Dakota, which tend to be spawning grounds for the tornadoes that hit Minnesota. The relative fatality rate is low, however, probably because the tornadoes are more likely in the lighter populated areas of the state.

Matt, working in the heat like that is no fun. If you were starting to feel lightheaded, you need to double the amount of liquids you drank that day. The whitewater rafting sounds like a nice break. I used to do a lot of that when I was younger, including the whole Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. If you like whitewater rafting, that one should be on the top of your list.

Steve, nuking the spill is not in the cards. Supposedly, the Russian did this in the 70's, but that was on runaway gas wells located in Siberia, far away from anyone who would notice. It was apparently successful in only one case. Trying the same thing at 5,000 feet below the sea surface, and over one of world's biggest concentrations of gas and oil under extremely high pressure, would be a pretty foolish stunt. Even though the amount of oil coming out of the well is not small, it's still small compared to the entire Gulf and Atlantic Ocean basins. The chance of the oil escaping the Gulf is near zero, and any oil that got caught up in the Gulf Stream would be so diluted that it wouldn't even be noticeable. There are a lot of media types who are hyping this thing into a much greater catastrophe than it already is.

Jeffrey, our A/C hasn't been working too well with all this heat. I did finally change the filters. They weren't black, but they were completely stopped up with dust. I have no idea why get so much dust in this house. The filter change helped keep the house a lot cooler today.

Went to a Montgomery Biscuits game last night. The team won, which is a good thing, since we've lost five out of the last seven. I was soaked in sweat just sitting there. I don't think it got below 80 until about 10:00 pm. The ball park is located right next to the CSX mainline and the drill tracks for one of the biggest CSX yards in the Southeast. Here's a clue for those who believe the economy is really improving. Last year, I saw a train every five minutes or so. Last night, I saw one train in a little less than four hours, and that was only the yard switchers working the drill track. Certainly a good indication that car loadings have taken a plunge since last year, which shouldn't happening in an improving economy.

The high was 104 degrees today. :eek: Our amateur radio club had a field day today, which means you set up radios with temporary antennas and generators for power, to practice for having to do this when the sh*t hits the fan. Getting those two 50' masts set up in the middle of an open field at noon was about as much as I could take. At least the two communications vehicles had a/c, so I could retreat there before I died. We had some pretty good band openings, and I was able to talk to hams from Arizona to Maine. We had over 400 contacts when I left at 9:00 pm. This is a nationwide contest to see which club or organization can make the most contacts, so we'll see where we place when it's officially over at 1:00 pm Sunday. Supposed to be just as hot tomorrow, so taking down those masts aren't going to be any more fun than putting them up. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning guys,

My wife got out of the Hospital yesterday afternoon. My SIL drover her over to our house to pick up a few things and Ryan.:( (I know that was a mistake, but it's up to the courts and Ryan to really decide where he wants to stay.) She said she wanted to see him and talk to him, he really didn't want to go but he knew it was the right thing to do. She told me they will send him back Sunday afternoon, We'll see:rolleyes:.

I got a personal checking account started last friday and This Monday I will change my unemployment deposit. On a good note My neigbor across the street Heard my troubles and she works for the lowes in New Port Richey as the night stock Manager. She told me they had a opening for a night stocker and the hours won;t interfear with my lawn service hours. She also said she will tell her bosses about me and try to push their decisions my way. The job doesn't pay that great but it's better than unemployment and I should be able to keep up with the bills a little easier. I hope I get the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Chris- I got a feeling this is all gonna work out for the better.

Jim- Rafting the Colorado River would be alot of fun, but probably quite the chore too. The biggest river around here is the Hudson. Theres a trip that runs from the town where my camp is all the way down to about North Creek. My parents have been talking about doing that for awhile. Itd be best in the spring from the snow runoff, but thats also cold water. Thats about 40 minutes by car.

Not much planned for today. Ill prolly head over to my grandmothers when my mom drops my sister off for the day. Other than that im hoping to go to the mall for a new hat and take a glance at the kayak carts. The contraption i have now isnt quite cutting it :rolleyes:

Good morning. It's 74 and partly cloudy. The high will be about 95 and it will remain partly cloudy.

Finally got around to doing some more weathering on some freight cars yesterday with what look to be some good results. There is however still room for improvement. Went to a Japanese restaurant for dinner last night. It's always fun to watch the chef doing the cooking right at the table. I know some modelers who would like their razor knifes to be as sharp as those chefs knifes are. It still amazes me how they can flick an egg into the air, hit it with the knife blade and catch both shell halves on the blade while the contents make a perfect landing on the cooking surface. But that was only part of the fun of the evening. I knew I was low on gas when I left the house and would have to get more on the way. I was going to make a nice leisurely turn into the service station so the fuel pump wouldn't run dry but the jerk who had pulled in the wrong way and decided to pull out onto the highway going the wrong way changed all that. I had to swerve violently to one side to avoid hitting his huge land yacht (an ancient Cutlass) and frowned in dismay as I heard the engine sputtering from fuel starvation. It died completely while I was halfway through the turn to the pumps but I still had enough momentum to coast slowly to an almost perfect stop in front of one of the pumps. Only then did I look around to see if anyone else had a problem and I laughed out load when I saw that one of the city cops had quickly nailed the jerk. Why then did I have the feeling the fool was too stupid to learn from this near encounter with disaster. My suspicions were confirmed when he went on his way. Instead of waiting for the traffic to clear he pulled right out into the roadway still going the wrong way and made a U turn in heavy traffic and somehow did it without causing a wreck. He did however get the cops attention once again. I hope they impounded the idiots car. Somebody that stupid doesn't need to be driving.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/DSCN0245.jpg

I got a personal checking account started last friday and This Monday I will change my unemployment deposit. On a good note My neigbor across the street Heard my troubles and she works for the lowes in New Port Richey as the night stock Manager. She told me they had a opening for a night stocker and the hours won;t interfear with my lawn service hours. She also said she will tell her bosses about me and try to push their decisions my way. The job doesn't pay that great but it's better than unemployment and I should be able to keep up with the bills a little easier. I hope I get the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
Chris, I don't know what to say, except I've been there, done that, got the tee shirt, and you have my sympathies. When my ex tossed me out, it was partly her family that helped me with some odds and ends to get started over again. Go figure.

Chris, I don't know what to say, except I've been there, done that, got the tee shirt, and you have my sympathies. When my ex tossed me out, it was partly her family that helped me with some odds and ends to get started over again. Go figure.

It's kinda wierd how that stuff works. Sometimes, its the "War of the Roses" on both sides, sometimes the family comes to the aid of the "other side".

How did I spell vindication? When the ex-FIL told me he understood my situation completely! :D And other members of her family still speak to me when I run into them.

Chris; Our hopes and prayers are with you. If I may, let me pass 1 thing along. If it all goes to hell in a handbasket, take the high road. Don't let yourself get involved in a shouting match, or name calling, especially in front or within earshot of your son. Been there, done that (Owmygawd it was hard!:eek:) but in the end, my sons benefited from it, and respect me even more for not stooping to a childish level. Even though Mom did it.

Went over this morning and mowed the parent's yard. The Peerless broke down right as I got done with the front yard. It flooded out for seemingly no reason then I discovered the the choke handle was broken and the choke wouldn't stay set. I had to do the back yard with the little Yardman mower. It's OK I guess as long as I don't have to back up. That weird backup pedal kills my ankle so I back up as little as possible. Now I'm back home and my ankle is screaming at me, so I just popped a couple of pain killers. I'll probably be out of it for a couple of hours.

Evening all!

Been out doing lots of motorcycle riding, so I haven't been around much. Sorry 'bout that!

The family is doing good, and so am I.

Been working with a biker church about an hour from here, and I think maybe we might get one going around here. We'll see what God has in store......

So what's up with you all?

Good to see you back here phillip.

We had my in-laws final sale Friday and Sat. We got rid of everything. Did not sell all of it and Glendia was somewhat upset we sold some of the stuff for as little as we did but it is gone. What was left was donated to our church for their upcoming rummage sale. What ever they have left goes to Goodwill so some good will become of it. We do have a couple of pieces of furniture left and I think it will go to St Vincent DePaul Society who will sure put it to good use because they always do. No to clean up and sell the house. We did have a lady interested from my in-laws church and I hope she still is because then we can avoid the Realtor fees of 7%.

It's kinda wierd how that stuff works. Sometimes, its the "War of the Roses" on both sides, sometimes the family comes to the aid of the "other side".

How did I spell vindication? When the ex-FIL told me he understood my situation completely! :D And other members of her family still speak to me when I run into them.

Chris; Our hopes and prayers are with you. If I may, let me pass 1 thing along. If it all goes to hell in a handbasket, take the high road. Don't let yourself get involved in a shouting match, or name calling, especially in front or within earshot of your son. Been there, done that (Owmygawd it was hard!:eek:) but in the end, my sons benefited from it, and respect me even more for not stooping to a childish level. Even though Mom did it.

Great minds think alike! That's what I'm doing and my son already thinks the world of me. I still love my wife even though the needless crap we're going through. I got my plans with or without her lined up. It's a real crying shame that the in-laws are tangled up in this and that Ryan has to witness this. My son is old enough to see whats happening and come up with a sound Idea of right and wrong. He's the one going to take the hardest hit and it's starting to show. I still got hope that she see's the error in this and deals with it until ryan is grown and out of the house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back