Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya gang

Closing on the new house is now less than 2 weeks away, so today, while I watch Nascar, we'll be emptying both the display cases and packing up all the locos. This will , however also give me a chance to finish another project. Photographing all the engines for later insertion into an inventory program. Some of the engines either don't have boxes or no longer fit in the original boxes, so for them, I have plenty of the padded Spring Mills Depot boxes so they can be transported safely.
Thank goodness the layout is modular. Half of it is already in the trailer, the rest will get loaded later. It goes over 1st, then the furniture and other "stuff". Oh joy, oh bliss!:rolleyes:

Damn it Jeff, I should more careful with where I put my pill bottles!;):rolleyes: If my wife and FIL was here she would have said the pain in your back and neck was from the stress of having to deal with me on-line rather than the nasty crash you had in the hallway!:rolleyes:;) Hope you feel better!!!!!:)

If my wife and FIL was here she would have said the pain in your back and neck was from the stress of having to deal with me on-line rather than the nasty crash you had in the hallway!:rolleyes:;)
Oh I know it was due to the nasty crash. I weigh in 242 pounds. When something that big and heavy crashes down something is going to be effected.

At least there hasn't been anyone coming around inquiring about an earthquake last night.:D

Jeffery- For heavens sake, will you please stop doing things like that! I can appreciate a little of what you have been going through.

Friday, I had some scar tissue removed from my urinary tract. I now have to sit VERY carefully, or I have a very literal pain in the arse. Hey Chris, thanks for volunteering to take the blame for that, too. lol

The pain pills are making me sleepy, so I should not be operating machinery like a computer. Talk at y'all later.

Hiya gang

Closing on the new house is now less than 2 weeks away, so today, while I watch Nascar, we'll be emptying both the display cases and packing up all the locos. This will , however also give me a chance to finish another project. Photographing all the engines for later insertion into an inventory program. Some of the engines either don't have boxes or no longer fit in the original boxes, so for them, I have plenty of the padded Spring Mills Depot boxes so they can be transported safely.
Thank goodness the layout is modular. Half of it is already in the trailer, the rest will get loaded later. It goes over 1st, then the furniture and other "stuff". Oh joy, oh bliss!:rolleyes:

Gentleman, this here is an exquisite example of a man with his priorities in good order. Take the trains first!! :D

Jeff- Sorry to hear about the fall, if its any consolation,today while trying to kick a soccer ball up to hit it with my head i nailed myself in the nose....twice....in a row. :eek:

Chris-The only thing youll be blamed on here is the streak marks on the wall, other than that youll be safe. Cant say the same for those missing credit cards though :D

Is it time to take attendance again? Jim, Bob, Ken, Steve, everyone else, come out come out wherever you are. :D

Not to much going on today, looks like wings for dinner and maybe having the neighbors over but other than that just relaxing for the day.

My wife stripped the last of the wallpaper this past Weds. So for the last two days I have been spreading mud over the places where the drywall paper came off with the wallpaper. All is finally sanded and ready for primer. What a messy job that was. I did not feel like getting out the water bucket attachment for the shop vac but now wish I had. Oh well hind sight is always 20/20. I need to get the painting finished because this week will be friends and relative week. Glendia's best friend from high school is coming in today and staying till Thurs. My Bro Steve will be here Weds eve or Thurs Morn. Bro Jim is coming in Thurs and Bro Joe will be here Fri with his daughter and her husband. Thank goodness we have Glendia's parents house still in our possession. That will be know as the Essex Drive Motel for the week. Well I better get the paint brush in my hand or I may have to sleep in the wood shop tonight and I just got all of the air conditioners installed this afternoon. I picked up 2 like new 6500 btu units and 1 5000 btu unit. Along with the 9000 unit I already had the house is quite comfortable. Was out int he shop cutting a pc of wood for one of the installations and the sweat just rolled off of me like someone had poured a bucket of water over my head. HI HO HI HO its off to the bathroom I go with paint brush on hand

Alright, now i can have time for somethng besides a fly by posting.

Didnt have a whole lot on the agenda for today. I helped my dad bring the new washing machine downstairs. While talking with the neighbors i found out half the nieghorhood was robbed last night. Arsehole went through cars, stealing GPS, change, anything else he might have liked to trade for cigarettes. The bastard was just payed and hadnt even cashed the freakin check yet! Take a guess whose Ipod Touch was sitting in the console of dads truck, ya know right next to the GPS and his Iphone. Thanks god my dad locked his truck that night. My moms car was opened up but nothing was missing. The camper was unlocked too. I went in there and found grass all over the floor, i mowed that day, and i took my flip flops off before i went in the camper. Nothing was missing, he missed both flat screens and dvd player though. Thanks god this guy was dumb or had his arms full, we very well could have been missing close to $1000. They caught the guy riding the woman across the streets bike. We got lucky. We live in a pretty good community, average homes are 150-200k and this is the second time this has happened! Were to close to the scumbag part of town that they just drift right over and rob over here. Can you tell im about fed up with people like this? Dont even get me started with the ones that walks through peoples front lawns and have no respect for anyones property.

Gentleman, this here is an exquisite example of a man with his priorities in good order. Take the trains first!! :D

Matt
, I did the same thing when the 1st wife and I separated. The trains came here 1st, then my fishing rods, clothes, stereo,etc. :D Sorry to hear about the neighborhood problem. Good thing it never happens here. Neighborhood full of gun totin rednecks might have something to do with that.:eek:

Chris, Stop booby trappin Jeff's place. I know it's just practice for you FIL, but cant ya find somewhere closer to home???

Mikey, all I can say is "ouch", hope it feels better soon!;)

Larry. Its situations like yours that make me glad that the wife now can't stand wall paper. None anymore here, none in the new house, none forever. My ex was a wallpaper fan. I'd rather pleasure myself with a handfull of bees than deal with wallpaper.:eek:

Jeffrey Careful!!!!! Watch dem lil bottles. They do have itty bitty legs on em!

So where is everybody else? Is Jim back from Hondoland yet? I hope he gets back before Flo moves again! boB? KenL?

Karl- This is the second time in 8 years, i suppose it could be alot worse. The first time was some homeless guy who just took loose change, this guy was a repeat offender and hopefully will spend alittle time in jail, this could have been more than petty theft. Oh well

Karl- This is the second time in 8 years, i suppose it could be alot worse. The first time was some homeless guy who just took loose change, this guy was a repeat offender and hopefully will spend alittle time in jail, this could have been more than petty theft. Oh well

We had an---ahem--incident with a certain little druggie that tried to get into our home awhile back--lucky for us the neighbour is a cop and he just so happened to be checking up on his home when the guy tried to break in:eek:---I was some peeved let me tell you when I found out that our so called justice system let him out---for the second time running!:eek::mad::mad: Then the idjut did it again! Same neighbourhood! Guess what? This time he's staying behind bars-----:D:D:D Oh, the little "Spring" our little bi colour cat was at the foot of the bed growling at the kitchen door--the very door that the g------ll tried to get into our place from.

I never heard such a low throated growl from such a small cat before

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. It's 75 with heavy cloud with rain and thunder. The high will be 90 and there's a 50% chance of rain.

We have heavy thunderstorms moving through the area at this time. It's a lull here at the moment but I can hear another storm coming in. My balance is off a bit today so I will be taking it easy. That's nothing unusual. I've had balance issues all my life so you'd think I would be used to it by now. Looks like it's a good day to stay in anyway. Whoops, the lights are starting to flicker a bit, so I'll get off here for now.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1010916.jpg

Duh-duh-dang, Flo! I thought I had better come in and keep you from closing this joint. I heard Chris was buying supper so give me a rib-eye, medium rare, tator, salad. Bring on the lemon pie just as soon as the steak disappears.

I just finished changing out one of the main pumps on our hot tub. Man, that was a job. It is a five hp pump and cost me $410...that plus $48 for a new heater element, and $45 for shipping. Although the temperature was smothering and I had to fool with dozens of hoses and connections (all in tight near impossible places), it was a far cry from paying $150 for the first hour and $75 for each hour after that, if I had the Spa Shop do it.

Still hard at it in the depot. I have put together some more building kits, including one that has been sitting on the shelf for 5 years:eek::D. The other evening, I went over to a friend's house to help him with his layout. OMG, that thing is a real PIA to work on, with three helix and about 6 feet high to the top level of three...not including his staging area that has 6 trains holding. Not only is it a spaghetti bowl, but part of it is over 30 years old and has been moved several times. Guess what else.....the underneath is completely full of old boards, boxes, junk, etc. Well, any how we got some of his track problems repaired along with some electrical problems. Did I mention PIA :eek::D.

When did Jimmy boy say he was coming back...this weekend????

Duh-duh-dang, Flo! I thought I had better come in and keep you from closing this joint. I heard Chris was buying supper so give me a rib-eye, medium rare, tator, salad. Bring on the lemon pie just as soon as the steak disappears.

Sounds good! Sorry Chris, but i just got home from football so this might hurt, a 12oz. NY Strip for me with a side of king crab legs, mashed potatoes and peas please. Large Coke and some clam chowder for an appetizer. But lemon pie? How about a warm slice of dutch apple pie with some vanilla ice cream. A couple sugar cookies sound good too. :D

When did Jimmy boy say he was coming back...this weekend????

Thought he said last friday? :confused:

Today i went to class and then directly to work. Because i didnt have time to go home we had to swing through mcdonalds. 15 minutes through the drive-through later, guess thats what we get for going at noon :rolleyes: Work was a pretty good day and i got paid for this and last week. By the time i got home i only had about an hour before football. I got to demonstrate plays with Varsity for the rest of it the team. It might sound simple but, its a nice honor for a sophmore to demonstrate with varsity because it shows the coach recognizes your talents and feels your fit enough to help teach the team. Hope everyone has a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back