Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D...Now we just have to decide if we want pina coladas, strawberry or peach daquiris tonight.

I want to wish you all a Happy New Year now, cuz if I try it later all you may see is bghrtyu45678, which is just the impression my face makes on the keyboard!!:eek::D
Not to mention the misspellings get really bad when I'm tipsy!:p

I'll take a Strawberry one!

Its gonna be a long night for me probably. My Grandson is ill and has a fever of 103.4F. We got an appointment at the after hours clinic for children here. His Granny has taken him to it. I should stay away from him as I've had two rounds of pneumonia that I caught from him. I don't need another, but someone has to stay up with him and monitor his temp and everything. Since I'm somewhat of a nightowl at times, looks like I'm elected. I just hope I don't get sick again. Plus it won't be an allnighter. His momma should get off of work from the restaurant she manages around 1AM. At least I hope so.

"Installed" my paint booth tonight, and even though I have two water traps in my airline from my compressor, I'm going to wait until after the rain and storms pass. I could play with a scrap body, but I'll just wait.
I also got notified today that my new turntable motors have been shipped. Hopefully I'll have one installed by next weekend and can really start playing around the yard.

I'll take a Strawberry one!

I've had 3 so far, now I've got a berry-peach one. Oooooo dey are yummy!!!;)
Da wyf has been matchin me drink for drink,,,,,he he he,,,she's got an interesting little wobble with her when she walks!!!:rolleyes:

Ohhh, I hear the blender running again,,,,be back soon (maybe) gotta get a refill!!:D

CJ, hope the little one gets better soon, and doesn't get Granpappy sick!

I really don't need to drink anything in order to not remember what I did the night before. :eek:

Happy New Year Everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, new years eve, was a great day for me. Glendia and I went out looking at new Pickemups. I was at the GMC lot and drove an extended cab 4 wheel drive long bed and it rode to rough, drove an extended cab 2 wheel long bed and it did not have cruise or power windows and locks finally he brought up a crew cab 2 wheel drive short bed. This one was just right. So I is now the proud owner of a brand new 2011 GMC Sierra crew cab with all the toys and more than I can ever figger out how to use. With all of the rebates and my 94 Silverado trade in I saved over $11,000 off sticker. I have had one heck of a good December this year in fact it is the best Dec. I ever remember having.

Today, new years eve, was a great day for me. Glendia and I went out looking at new Pickemups. I was at the GMC lot and drove an extended cab 4 wheel drive long bed and it rode to rough, drove an extended cab 2 wheel long bed and it did not have cruise or power windows and locks finally he brought up a crew cab 2 wheel drive short bed. This one was just right. So I is now the proud owner of a brand new 2011 GMC Sierra crew cab with all the toys and more than I can ever figger out how to use. With all of the rebates and my 94 Silverado trade in I saved over $11,000 off sticker. I have had one heck of a good December this year in fact it is the best Dec. I ever remember having.

Congrats on the new ride! GMCs do ride alittle rough, take it over speedbumps at anything over 15 and you can feel the suspension drop in the front :D I haven't driven my dads yet, I'll wait for him to damage it first. The million dollar question is though, what one did you get and what engine did she come with? When my dad was shopping for new trucks, one of the ones he considered was the 2500 with crew cab and long bed. I still kindve wish he'd gotten that one, but I'm satisfied with the 1500 with the flashy chrome and bigger engine :D

If you haven't had it before, your going to love XM radio!

Here on the east coast, there's 19 minutes left in 2010. Hope everyone is enjoying your New Years parties and best of luck to all next year.

Congratulations on the new truck Larry. Sounds like a winner. It's 10:40 here and I'm getting ready to leave out to go over to my sisters place to celebrate the year. I have a bottle of strawberry daiquiri that I intend to enjoy.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Getting ready to head off to bed. I am still recovering from the kid's Holiday Party yesterday.

We have tickets to see the Mummers Fancy Brigades Final show tomorrow afternoon. This is the show they get judged at so they pull out all the stops. It is an amazing show considering none of the performers get paid. Maybe we will catch some of the String Bands in the street part of the Mummers Parade on our way to the Convention Center.

The new 1500 truck has the 5.3 Vortec engine, 6 speed automatic and trailering package with 6800 GVWR

01/01/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png

Have a good year !

:eek:

The new 1500 truck has the 5.3 Vortec engine, 6 speed automatic and trailering package with 6800 GVWR
Nice. Power and economy. Do you know if it has the cylinder deactivation system? Between that and the 6 speed, you should easily get in the high teens for mileage. With the towing package, did you get towing mirrors? And are they heated? Those things sound minor, but if you spend a lot of time towing a trailer, they are important.

Do you know if it has the cylinder deactivation system? Between that and the 6 speed, you should easily get in the high teens for mileage. With the towing package, did you get towing mirrors? And are they heated?

Yes it has the active fuel management system. No towing mirrors but they are heated. We more than likely will not be towing a camper just my trailer for the tractor with the tiller. Dual zone A/C, and all kinds of stuff associated with what GM calls Power Tech Pkg. Also a convenience pkg. that includes power adjustable pedals, universal home remote , remote starter, rear window defogger and rear parking sensor pkg.

Good morning everybody!!!!!

I hope everybody is recovered from last nights festivities!!:eek::D

Sunny and looking for a high is the mid 40's today. Chance of some rain later tonight into tomorrow. Of course its gonna rain, I washed the cars yesterday!:rolleyes:

Larry, nice score on the new truck! Heck of a late Christmas present!!:D

Gonna take advantage of the break in the temps, and replace the wicking around the doors of the wood stove today. Then clean her out real good and get it ready to fire up tonight. Also get some more foam work done on the new module today. Hopefully I can start placing building foundations later tonight. Then its placing buildings, sidewalks, street lights and traffic lights.
Gotta have this one done for the next club show at the end of the month!

CU L8ter!:D

Do you know if it has the cylinder deactivation system? Between that and the 6 speed, you should easily get in the high teens for mileage. With the towing package, did you get towing mirrors? And are they heated?

Yes it has the active fuel management system. No towing mirrors but they are heated. We more than likely will not be towing a camper just my trailer for the tractor with the tiller. Dual zone A/C, and all kinds of stuff associated with what GM calls Power Tech Pkg. Also a convenience pkg. that includes power adjustable pedals, universal home remote , remote starter, rear window defogger and rear parking sensor pkg.
...Mine came with the "Amenity Deletion Package"...:rolleyes: For real. That's how it's listed on the build sheet. Manual everything, and vinyl seats...
Anyway, if all you're going to tow is the utility trailer, you shouldn't need the tow mirrors. Heated is nice, it keeps you from having to stick your hand outside to scrape the buildup off them while driving.

Yes it is a very very nice ride. It should be we paid more for the truck than for the house we live in, course we bought the house 35yr ago.

Happy New Year To ALL
I'm sure with the New Congress Too this should turn out to be a much better year for all.

I'm also checking into getting re-established with a new distributor of MRR supplies so things are looking up on my end and the C&S West Shortline is progressing.

It's been pretty darn cold here 34* now and a light rain but I sure it will drop below 30* tonight.

Larry, sure sounds like a nice truck, are you planning to make rail ready too? I couldn't resist.

My Best to Everyone!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't need to drink anything in order to not remember what I did the night before. :eek:

Happy New Year Everyone!

Gosh your pretty lucky too only have a laps of memory one day back, I can't often even remember from one-minute - too the n x t/ Now what was I ta l ki ng a b o u t ? ? ?

Happy New Year!!

Happy new years guys! Well to help ring in the new year the state sent me my child support paperwork!:eek::mad: $364 a month:mad::mad: It's better than I though, but I still need a second job to cover it plus I'm getting tired of being broke. Just second/Third shift jobs are tough to get! The box stores and Fast food second/third shifts are loaded with people doing what I'am.....Day jobs are way easier to get. I have to laugh, your orders in Fastfood are getting less screwed up due to all the 40 somethings filling the 2nd/3rd shift holes and the teens are getting displaced!:rolleyes: All I need is a 28 hour a week/$7.25hour job to cover Food, Gas, and Extras.:rolleyes:

O'well, Larry glad to here about the new truck, all power toys are nice. But as the truck gets older the power toy get to be a pain in the @$$! My truck is like Terrys, "PBP" POOR Boy Package, Fully unloaded! I love my 2500hd, I want a 4cyl Manual tranny Colorado/Cajon or older S-10 like I had for Back up! If I get a second job.....Just might!;)

Any who how......HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS! The GF thinks I'm a Pull toy, Got to go! CUL:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back