Wpf 9-30/10-6

P3162141.jpg

Well here are my first attempts at weathering. Keep in mind my 7 year old is a better photagrapher than me. The box car is my very first attempt. I based it on some different prototye photos but I put my own spin on it. I may have gone a little over the top with it. The hopper is the second try it is right out of the box. Both were pretty much a shot in the dark to see what happened.

Lookin good Matt. My BQ23-7 weathering flopped, but Tue crummy is done... Except for detailing...

Here's something I found in my closet last night. I had forgotten I had it. Athearn motor and trucks. Proto 2000 flywheels, shafts, worms. Bachmann FT body.

P3182162.jpg

Haven't been in here for a while....

I'm working on the quarry area, and have been correcting some hand laid track that went out of gauge on me. Finally got some PC ties from Fast Tracks and have been putting one every 8 ties to hold the track where it belongs.

Regauge01w.png

Pardon the tools and mess, it was in progress at the time.

Regauge02w.png

Regauge03w.png

Next step is to paint the ties and finish the ballast.

Nice work Ray... My buddy has talked me into fast tracks. I'm gonna start hand laying on the BB&G sometime soon. I wanna watch my trains do the drunken bobbled and weave of a poorly maintained, brine railroad

Speaking of folks who ain't been around in a while, whatever happened to Jim (UP2CSX)?

Speaking of folks who ain't been around in a while, whatever happened to Jim (UP2CSX)?

Last time I heard. He was in a bad car accident (I think around 6/2010), and was still recovering. Very sad story, I really like Jim, he helped me alot when I first joined.

This photo was fun to take so why not.. That's me and RJ Corman No. 1804. This power was tied down on their "Cleveland Line" in Clinton, OH after interchanging cars with CSX. My buddy Kevin took the photo

ME-1.jpg

Today I've been working on this:
P3182166.jpg

An Athearn blue box Carnation billboard reefer. It needed new coupler pockets so I've body mounted new Kadee coupler boxes and couplers.

This photo was fun to take so why not.. That's me and RJ Corman No. 1804. This power was tied down on their "Cleveland Line" in Clinton, OH after interchanging cars with CSX. My buddy Kevin took the photo

ME-1.jpg

Nice clear head on shot. Notice the lack of weathering ;). Just proves there IS a prototype for everything. :D

Oh Ray, you just wanted a reason to redo the area! :p I don't buy that out of gauge bit for a minute!;)

Yeah! Right! Believe me I have a lot of other things I want to accomplish rather than play with trackage....... LOL

V&AL, you will love working with the Fast Tracks Jigs. They make hand laying track a very enjoyable project. I like it so much I am going to rip up a lot of the Atlas code 83 (where I haven't completed the ballasting, etc.) and replace it with ME Code 83 hand laid...... As soon as I get done with the quarry scene that is. The finished result looks so much better than flex track and commercial turnouts. compare:

Civil006w.png

to this....

RemoteTortiMount7w.png

Back