Wpf 1/25 - 1/31

That's cool Karl. Filmed while at Timonium?

Always enjoyed FC's display, as well as the Switchen and Sippen Folks layout.

Built this tower from a laser kit, just need to go and get some shingles for it, ran out. I scratch built the smaller shed. This area is loosely based off of the tower in Santa Clara, CA.

May get some shingles tomorrow. Slowly working my way down the layout with scenery.

DSC_0881.JPG

Once again, Doctor, thanks for posting. Scene was well lit, minimal stability problems, nice merchandise train rolling by, scenery nicely done. Liked see the Fslug in action, compared to the SW just before it. Gave a feel for the amount of height reduction shop forces and engineering decided were needed, to provide protection from 'the elements,' and for safety/other operational reasons. Not too too long, or short, either. Multiple views can with decent editing provided the action/paning level remains high enough. I can't stand videos of a train 'touring the layout,' with the only thing you see, is a close up of the first locomtive. What's an appropriate metric besides 'stars,' for future feedback? Number of clear signals head????

Mark, nice job on the tower, shed and parking lot? Parking lot looks really, really good to me, care to share your secret?

Karl, good job with your too!! FCSME I've seen at Timonium a few years back, + various videos, and maybe up in Springfield, in 2010. Nice way how you included the scenery the train was traversing, besides being focused on the numberboards of the steamer, and diesels. Enough action, with panning interludes to give you a feel of this layout, + neither too long or short. You might not be DeMille, but you're not Ed Wood, either.

Thanks! Yes, filmed in the sometimes smelly Cow Palace.

Last time I was there, we walked past a particular section which had the distinct odor of bovine (Big Barn smell). Well, it is the "Cow Palace".

Imagine what it is like in August during the State Fair:D:D:D:D:D.

Joe

i have a pair of sound/dcc equipped bli pennsy centipedes that belong to a train club member. I had to reprogram the sound settings so i figured, while i have these 2 awesome locos, why not put them to work hauling freight?
So I did!
View attachment 34638

Ted Culotta of Speeedwitch Media was selling some of his built resin kits that were in built for new product adverts and in the RMC essential freight car series in the mid to late 2000s. He started selling them a few weeks ago and my buddy and I have picked up a few. He was selling these cars as he is going to an earlier era

My car arrived last week and I just put sergeant couplers on it

100_2442.jpg

Its pretty cool to know that I the only car that was featured in product adverts

Built this tower from a laser kit, just need to go and get some shingles for it, ran out. I scratch built the smaller shed. This area is loosely based off of the tower in Santa Clara, CA.

May get some shingles tomorrow. Slowly working my way down the layout with scenery.

DSC_0881.JPG

What do you use for your roads and striping? The tower is really neat as well, but I was instantly drawn to the road/parking lot lol. It looks freshly paved which is the feel we are going for on our layout

Last time I was there, we walked past a particular section which had the distinct odor of bovine (Big Barn smell). Well, it is the "Cow Palace".

Imagine what it is like in August during the State Fair:D:D:D:D:D.

Joe

Been there, done that, but I was raised on a farm, so it kinda smelled like home!:rolleyes:;):D

I made a couple of loads this week using the remnant gas tank & engine (with a few random parts added) from an ancient 1/25 model car kit, found rattling around in a scrap box.

View attachment 34639

The tiedowns are black thread pulled taut & taped in place, with a few coats of diluted white glue brushed on. With the dried glue and properly trimmed thread, the loads are removable.

This is also my first pass at weathering a flat car deck.

Jim

Been a while since I contributed to the weekly show. This is the latest result of digging through my spare parts boxes. Main wall is left over from a Model Power barber shop kit. Wall on the right was an extra from a Walthers background kit. I made the main bldg side walls from styrene brick sheet and the flat roof and pitched roof are strip styrene. Some HO and N scale roof vents and a storage tank are Walthers detail kit pieces. Building is approx 1 inch by 7 inches and will be a background unit serving a trucking outfit of some type. A few evenings of fun at no cost. :)

picture.php

I just weathered 3 of my Ethanol Plant 4-bay hoppers yesterday.

I used my air brush with some sandy brown paint, and also used weathering powders.

P1010438.JPG

And here is the prototype I was trying to match.

ACFX%20%2045648_Alorton%20IL_Keith%20Belk_2007-03-10_15828.jpg

Back