Wpf 1/25 - 1/31

Nice stuff everyone, lookin' good!
Instead of me recycling an old picture of the previous layout here's a little humor we can relate to:

Tim decided to tie the knot with his long time girlfriend. One evening, after the honeymoon, he was down in the basement running some trains.
His new wife was standing by the stairs watching him.
After along period of silence she finally speaks.
"Honey, I've been thinking, now that we are married I think it's time you quit. Maybe you should sell your trains."

Tim gets this horrified look on his face.
She says, "Darling, what's wrong?"
”For a minute there you were sounding like my ex-wife!” He says.
"Ex wife!" she screams, "I didn't know you were married before!"

”I wasn't!“

Rico, that should be stickied and be compulsory reading for members contemplating tieing the knot!

Unfortunately my experience shows that husbands rarely (if ever) get the last word 'cause the reply would come back quick as a flash. "In that case, sooner than you think"

As usual everyone has great work...

I've been reading mostly, not posting since I didnt have a place for a layout...Now I do! So let it begin.... :)

On that note I went to the local show last Sunday and picked up a few good locos at a pretty good price even for athearn BB.

The B&O is going to be custom painted and detailed for a local piece of equipment...I couldn't even contain my excitement long enough to get a pic before I ripped into it! The other Gp9 will probably be painted but not cut up. The switcher will be painted too! The other UP unit was just cool, dont know what I'm going to do with it yet! Three out of 4 were practically new,(one still has the parts in the envelope) the guy I bought those from cleans and tests all the stuff he gets before selling it. The other was "well" used and required a little TLC but it runs good now...just going to have to quiet them down and I may repower the used GP9 becuase it has some quirks and someone mis matched the flywheels???

Again great work everyone!

33c779ef-0ec0-4aa7-b7ca-71c71d2af98c_zps23108c00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good one Rico. I just tell my wife then I'l take up golf. Costs more and I'll never be home.

Gregrind - Nice buy

Everyone else - looking good

I've been turning my attention to some L&N/SCL stuff lately. I painted a Athearn SW7 and started making a short bay window caboose. Them handrails were fun!

Back