What Scale?

Hi suprduc and welcome! Lots of things to consider when choosing the right scale for you. Why don't you start a thread for some ideas and to help make the decision. It's a great hobby! :)

I started in O-27 then switched to HO in High School and have been in that for 30 years, but I could afford it and had the space I would go with O.

The money

The old New York and Harlem Put division's main line makes a 90 degree turn in the town of Carmel. Even though I worked for the railroad I had know idea why the track made such a severe turn. I went to the town's historical society meeting two months ago. It was all about the Put Division. It turned out the reason it made such a turn was that they were out of money and headed for the nearest junction. Even when planning a real railroad you have to worry about the money.

NYC_George

I'm doing HO now, I like it a lot. My Dad and I have an N scale layout too, Its alright but I like HO's amount of detail you can put in. I might also do a G scale sometime since I am going to college for landscaping.

Back