What are you buying this Month?

20230503_142305.jpg

Just got NH #121! (Soon to be WES #1711)

I'm TRYING to buy N scale diesel locomotives decorated in Ohio Central.

There have only been 2 models produced that come decorated in OCS, both produced by Atlas. I was lucky to find an Alco C420 Gold Series a year or so ago. Atlas also made GP35s in OCS colors. In the past few weeks, the same seller has listed #2912 and #2913. I was outbid by a bid-bot (say that 5 times quickly) the first time, and so far, I've been outbid on 2913, which is currently still on eBay.

I have pre-ordered an Intermountain tunnel motor, but who knows if they will ever produce any.

Got two more turnouts and a 3" track piece set of NS EZ Track. And yes I know there's a gap...not the final design. Gotta wait till next month's fun (train) money to come in.

Attachments

• Temporary Turnout Setup 5-5-23 1 of 2.jpg
    Temporary Turnout Setup 5-5-23 1 of 2.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Temporary Turnout Setup 5-5-23 2 of 2.jpg
    Temporary Turnout Setup 5-5-23 2 of 2.jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 45
I ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday: enough (hopefully) track to finish, UTP panel, cab bus cables and stationary decoder for switch machine.

I also got a few throttle pockets and a five pack of drink holders I can mount to the fascia. I was getting so sick of not having anyplace to put stuff!

Finally I got a cordless circular saw. I've wanted to keep one in my truck for work for a long time but when I needed it to progress on the layout I got it right away 😄

I have just received 4 BLI engines from Terry ( @bnsf971 ) and want to thank him for them - they are much more than I expected and look brand new!

The engines I got are:

F7
F3A/B
Heavy Pacific 4-6-2

All with Paragon 3 or 4 systems installed obviously. I will post pictures in due course.

oL6MiCO.jpg

0D9oROs.jpg

LhRBrcE.jpg

My favorite:

Pkx0pJO.jpg

Thanks again Terry - these are terrific and will take pride of place on my layouts :)

Last edited:
I model the "Transition Era" so I get the best of both worlds but have to admit - I am drawn to the Steam Engines, they just look and sound like real Trains :)
While attending train shows with friends who express an interest in my hobby I've been asked why so many layouts set in the 1950's or thereabout? I told them I suspect it's because during this transition era steam and diesel engines were run. I think I might be on to something 😄

I have just received 4 BLI engines from Terry ( @bnsf971 ) and want to thank him for them - they are much more than I expected and look brand new!

The engines I got are:

F7
F3A/B
Heavy Pacific 4-6-2

All with Paragon 3 or 4 systems installed obviously. I will post pictures in due course.

My favorite:

Thanks again Terry - these are terrific and will take pride of place on my layouts :)
Those are nice!

While attending train shows with friends who express an interest in my hobby I've been asked why so many layouts set in the 1950's or thereabout? I told them I suspect it's because during this transition era steam and diesel engines were run. I think I might be on to something 😄

You just never know :)
Those are nice!

Yeah they really are - I now HAVE to get this damn layout up and running in DCC Mode - even though these engines are dual mode, I'd prefer not to run them on DC.

The engines I got are:

F7
F3A/B
Heavy Pacific 4-6-2

oL6MiCO.jpg

0D9oROs.jpg

LhRBrcE.jpg

My favorite:

Pkx0pJO.jpg

Very nice, although I'm not a fan of the F7, F3A/B's, can't wait to see the steamer in action.

The old steamers bring back the Golden Age of Rail Roads - a Romantic Age filled with mystery and adventure ... a time when relaxation and luxury was more important than time ... I'd much rather travel on the original Orient Express or Flying Scotsman than some bullet train :)

Back