What are you buying this Month?

Definatly start a thread when you get to the turnout building.

I have all the jigs, and tools to do it. Just haven't gotten to it yet,

What turnout #s are you going to build?
#6 dual gauge but you can build either the narrow gauge or standard gauge separately or together
I truly do admire those who can build their own turnouts and track. It isn't something that I would even contemplate trying so well done guys and absolutely, start a thread when either of you start doing your builds.

I'm only building them because its much cheaper than buying premade ones. For what it cost to buy three I'm getting the ability to made as many as I need. I will be selling and trade them as well cause the price of track in sinful and there is no reason for it.

Okay - so all of this talk about Signals has forced me into buying a bit of electrical stuff like below:

X amount of Pre Wired 3mm Warm White LEDS for buildings

YJoO9CI.jpg

X amount of 2.8mm Female Spade Connectors

D8dGUvD.jpg

X amount of Mini SPDT Switches

ZHIMFco.jpg

2 Rolls of 28 Gauge Hook Up Wire 1 X Black 1 X Red

TKpwd9i.jpg

1 X 12 Terminal Terminal Board

0GDqsNn.jpg

I just thought of something you can add to your bag O tricks. A 2000 or 5000 ohm potentiometer for dialing in the brightness of your LEDs before buying resistors. Set the brightness you like, measure the pot and purchase or make up the resistor value to the exact value you need. That's how I figure out mine.

Okay - so all of this talk about Signals has forced me into buying a bit of electrical stuff like below:

X amount of Pre Wired 3mm Warm White LEDS for buildings

YJoO9CI.jpg

X amount of 2.8mm Female Spade Connectors

X amount of Mini SPDT Switches

2 Rolls of 28 Gauge Hook Up Wire 1 X Black 1 X Red

1 X 12 Terminal Terminal Board
Tony,

Can you link provide a link for that terminal board?

They look very useful for track, building wiring, ect.

You're becoming an electronics wizard Tony!

Heck mate - you trying to ruin my reputation of being an electronics moron?? Shhhhhhh :p

Not really, I just get into a mind set and HAVE to go with it ... come to think of it, that's how I ended up married - hmmm :oops::rolleyes::D
Tony,

Can you link provide a link for that terminal board?

They look very useful for track, building wiring, ect.

I'll try mate but I got them from Amazon. Okay - here you go:

I have a few Terminal Blocks by MHT I think, but they are hard to come by. These are similar and I use them for exactly what you were talking about, wiring up my accessories.

I just thought of something you can add to your bag O tricks. A 2000 or 5000 ohm potentiometer for dialing in the brightness of your LEDs before buying resistors. Set the brightness you like, measure the pot and purchase or make up the resistor value to the exact value you need. That's how I figure out mine.
Or you could just get one of these.
Remote controlled dimmer. ($8)

1682774283499.png

Back