Western Wednesday

Good, I can play this one.

This one I have had forever and is finally headed to be weathered. A BN carbon black car that will fit with my Scaletrains.com Carbon Black car. I don’t remember who made this car but it is in the inventory. Build date of 1970 so it will fit into my 2005 time frame!
85C0E797-1B29-4B4F-846C-4009E49C2E97.jpeg

TomO

Good, I can play this one.

This one I have had forever and is finally headed to be weathered. A BN carbon black car that will fit with my Scaletrains.com Carbon Black car. I don’t remember who made this car but it is in the inventory. Build date of 1970 so it will fit into my 2005 time frame!
View attachment 145065

TomO
Nice Hopper car Tom glad you shared it hope to see more of your Western stuff you can post as much as you like you know

Very nice line up Willie. To make it easy on what’s western how about anything west of the Mississippi River.
Hi,

Doing some digging through my storage shelves as I knew I had a few more Western pieces of rolling stock besides my CN roster. So I have 3 total non CN pieces of Western rolling stock

TomO

View attachment 145190
Thanks Tom for sharing I like that Santa Fe Hopper

A couple of cars you might not have seen on the eastern seaboard!

IMG_2467.JPG

Crappy picture!
These are Accurail cars, different #'s. I'm not sure how many cars #'s there are. They are two different shades of blue, which I would want. I found some info about how & were they ran when I got the cars a couple of years ago. I can't come up with it now. I'm not very good at internet searching anyway!
Suffice to say they ran on the SP, getting water at Shasta Springs.

A couple of cars you might not have seen on the eastern seaboard!

View attachment 145447
Crappy picture!
These are Accurail cars, different #'s. I'm not sure how many cars #'s there are. They are two different shades of blue, which I would want. I found some info about how & were they ran when I got the cars a couple of years ago. I can't come up with it now. I'm not very good at internet searching anyway!
Suffice to say they ran on the SP, getting water at Shasta Springs.
Never seen them at all nice cars Tom. Thanks for sharing

I suppose Kalamath Falls Oregon is West. Here is one of the 1953 Boy Scout Jamboree Specials just east of Kalamath Falls on the Oregon California and Eastern headed home to Portland and Seattle. It is coming from Irvine Ranch after a stop at the Grand Canyon, and these scouts got a lucky draw with a #300 class passenger loco. Many others ended up riding behind freight FTs or GP7s.

Over 50 thousand attended, and approximately 75% of the scouts going traveled by rail. Santa Fe, Union Pacific, and Southern Pacific coordinated their service. Despite a year of planning, the Santa Fe's Grand Canyon yard was overwhelmed by the number of trains visiting the site after the Jamboree. So much so that the regular "Grand Canyon" train could not get into the station and passengers had to be deboarded "down the tracks" and bussed over. Oh the heads that rolled for inconveniencing the passengers on a Santa Fe named train.
20150314_133644.jpg

edit.
And before anyone comments, yes I know a 300 class is supposed to be an LAB lashup not an LABC. I ordered the extra A unit and added it before I did my research properly.

Last edited:

Back