Weekly Photo Fun 710-7/16

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
P7101499.jpg

Guess I should put something up, it's been a while for me...
I haven't had much time for the layout lately but I did manage to catch the tail end of a freight passing thru West Spencer. I just started the scenery in this part, sorry about the focus! :eek:

Looks like you've been busy on your layout, Jeffrey. Good work!

Rico, that scenery is looking pretty good!

BLI Hudson, with upgraded chip, just passing through.

P1030618.jpg

Jeffrey, your freight station is coming along.

Rico, a little blurry but it almost looks more protoypical that way. Nice job on the scenery.

Dan, holy mackerel, where have you been hiding? :eek: Those store scenes are fantastic! What scale do you model? How did you ever make all those pipes? And that ceiling fan is breathtaking. I thought it was a real old store picture. Quite a job for your first post. :)

Dan, holy mackerel, where have you been hiding? :eek: Those store scenes are fantastic! What scale do you model? How did you ever make all those pipes? And that ceiling fan is breathtaking. I thought it was a real old store picture. Quite a job for your first post. :)

Thanks, glad to be here. I normally hang out on "another" forum but it's getting kind of boring;)

I model in O Scale (2 rail). The pipes are images I collected on the Web and brought into PhotoShop to make the display. The display cases are scratch built.

Gadzooks! I recently bought a Walthers Cornerstone pipe kit but it didn't look anything like that!

Nice work everyone!

Dan: Very nice, is the ceiling fan the Builders in Scale kit or another? Always nice to meet someone else who does scratchbuilding.

Matt
MD Custom Models

Sorry that I did not get these up last week but I spent 5 days in the hospital with high blood pressure and chest pains.

First up is the final shots of the brine works for the Galveston club, done in HO it features a facility on its last legs. Already a pair of vats have been demolished. If you look close that is a 1952 "pin-up" calender hanging over the desk.

Next up is a warehouse also for the Galveston club, also in HO. Walls are sheathed with scale 1x12's with 1x2 battens applied. The pair of crates are unstained 1x3's over a balsa core, always easier to make wood look like wood then spend time painting metal castings for these. Piece has a full floor but the only interior detail is what is right behind the partly open doorway.

Then on to some just started projects, an Sn3 vertical shaft mine (head frame still has to be built) and the main building for an O scale bulk fuel oil distributor.

Sorry that I did not get these up last week but I spent 5 days in the hospital with high blood pressure and chest pains.

First up is the final shots of the brine works for the Galveston club, done in HO it features a facility on its last legs. Already a pair of vats have been demolished. If you look close that is a 1952 "pin-up" calender hanging over the desk.

Hope everything is OK health wise. That is scary. Love the brine works. My next project is the one that was featured in RMC a few months ago from another O Scaler.

Dan: Big changes in diet to cut the cholesterol down and now on two different blood pressure meds. Biggest loss is no more chocolate.

I would use the RMC article for reference, but I believe the vats in that piece are too small, they have them at 8' dia, which is too small for my notes, I use 12' dia which seem much more proportioned.

On your cigar shop what did you use for the glass jars on the back counter. Also what era do you model, 1899 for my personal pieces in On30.

Matt
MD Custom Models

Back