Weekly Photo Fun 7/20 to 7/27

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Might just as well get the thread going here!

Nothing very photogenic going on my layout right at the moment, but lots to see and play with in 1/1 scale out at the R&GV RR Museum last night. They brought RG&E Beebee Station (#1941) a 45 tonner out from the shop and let her pull her first train in many years. She has been completely restored over an 8 or so year period and just needs a bit more tweaking to be put in full service. Hopefully she will be ready for the museum's "Diesel Days" event in August.

194102w.png

194108w.png

194104w.png

Here's a few from my "Quality Fire Apparatus" Shops busy lately as some new units are being ordered and built. ;)

View Inside
DSC00741-1.jpg

Old Units for Parts Etc
DSC00739.jpg

In for service/maintenance
DSC00740.jpg

Thanks Karl!

Mike, as soon as they get the prime movers power balanced so they aren't fighting each other, she should be a great little loco for service at the museum. That and a few more small things are keeping her out of service for visitor runs. We hope to have her all set and ready for Diesel Days at the R&GV RR Museum in August.

194106w.png

My Mantua rebuild is just about complete. I have to add a headlight, but other than that she's good to go. I made a few short videos from my iPhone. She's coupled up to my rebuilt Athearn heavyweights.

Click on the picture to see the video.

th_Mantuarepair042.jpg

th_Mantuarepair041.jpg

My lovely wife took me shopping at the hobby shop two weeks ago for my 55th birthday. After browsing for awhile I stumbled on this Atlas RS-11 for $40.00 on the consignment rack. A bit of paint and some decals and I have added another Alco to the fleet!

That RS-11 cleaned up real nice! Looks like a completely new engine. How long did you spend on it?

My contribution this week is some mobile railfanning. I had to run an errand after work today and needed to go the opposite direction around the City Loop to the usual, which meant catching a train from a platform close to the freight bypass tracks. While waiting for my train I noticed a freight consist approaching - the perfect opportunity to view one up close instead of high up from my office. :eek: When I saw that for some reason it was switching off the freight bypass tracks and was about to run right past my platform I instantly pulled out my phone to take some video......only for my $@%&$ train to pull into the station and block the view!! :mad::mad::mad: It wasn't all bad though, as my train caught up to the freight along the viaduct and I was able to capture some video of everything but the engine. Enjoy! :D

[youtube]YyaZrZ8LCfU[/youtube]

Thanks guys. Off and on I only have a couple of hours invested. I am getting better at the lightning stripe paint and decals since I have done about a dozen of them. Now on the the C628's and the PA-1's.

And here are the C424's my wife bought for me in June for our 30th Anniversary. She gets jewelry, I get trains! I am the luckiest man on earth....

Was doing some cleaning today before vacation. Put away 2 nysw models and 2 cnj models i had on my table. Turned away for 5 minutes and heard a crash x 2!

All new parts were ordered thru intermountain and athearn. IM, once again is unbelievable! I mean I had credit card in hand and said I will pay. They are sending everything i need to me at no charge. Athearn, $70.

Back