Weekly Photo Fun! 6/15 - 6/21

TrinityJayOne

N gauge fan
Looks like I get to do the honours this week :) To get us started here's some pics I took recently of a common site in Melbourne, the N class diesels.

AusN2.jpg

Here's another in a different (older I think) livery.

AusN1.jpg

I've been trying for the last week or so to record a 7-car DMU rural service leaving the big station where I catch a train home every night. Each car has it's own diesel and it sounds great when they all start up in sequence.

jay, love that aussie stuff. If i had money to spare i'de get me some BHP SD70ACE's and some austrains "The Ghan" diesels.

Everyone over here likes the Ghan I think. :) I've seen HO ones at shows but not in N, which my brother is desperately after.

The SD70ACe BHP use is nice, but they're on the other side of the country to me so I only see the local trains. I'm sure there's somebody out there who's actually gone to the trouble of lowering it by a few scale inches as well. :D

Great stuff so far! Maybe I'll be able to get to some modeling this weekend.

Jay,
My brother lives in Alice Springs currently. A few years back, he took the ride from Sydney to Melborne, on an XPT, maybe a 12 hour ride. His comment was that the station in Melborne reminded him of Reading Terminal, in Philadelphia, years ago. He's sent me some pictures of 'the trains of Alice.' Very intricate paint schemes. Think I'll stick to modeling the 70's over here in the USA.

Been working on this spot on the club layout lately. Used to not be able to get this shot due to a ill-concieved view block. But I've since removed that and am busy working on the scenery here. Lots of work left to do.

attachment.php

Back