Weekly Photo fun 4/29 to 5/5

Secondhandmodeler

All new now!
I guess I'll start things off. The corn is done so here are a few updated shots. Now I have to 'plant' soybeans.:D

Overview shots.

Farmprogress3-22-11019.jpg

Farmprogress3-22-11015.jpg

Farmprogress3-22-11005.png

Want to know what 2400 corn stalks looks like? Not as much as you think!

Farmprogress3-22-11016.jpg

Nice corn field. I've been thinking of trying a pumpkin patch but the pumpkins from Busch or Noch are too expensive. Need to figure a workaround for pumpkins.

I love what you have done, Corey. Wonderful! :D

I have a high overhead shot looking down on the trestle at Seneca Gorge. Just happened that a Santa Fe Northern class #3755 was crossing.

IMG_1181finalsharpres.png

Nice corn field. I've been thinking of trying a pumpkin patch but the pumpkins from Busch or Noch are too expensive. Need to figure a workaround for pumpkins.

I used white beads from a craft store and painted them orange (Milw Road)for my farmstand. Worked pretty well.

Oh and great cornfield and farm scene also love the bridge shot! I've got to get the camera out and take some shots to post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since I had to pay shipping three times it was a little over $100. I ordered one kit with some other things just to see what it looked like. Then I ordered three more boxes. Not realizing how much it would take I ordered another two boxes. I paid between 15 and 17 dollars a box. I'd say it cost around $120 total.

You know, you should never total up the costs for small projects. It makes you realize just how much money you have into these things!:eek:

My wife asked how much the soybeans were going to cost. I told her $23 per box and I'll need at least two or three. She said " you mean your going to have $170 into fake crops?" I smiled and said, yup!:D

It was actually cheaper at M.B. Klein. The problem with them is the minimum shipping I've paid from them is $13. Well, I bought the last two boxes off eBay from a guy who mailed them for $4.

Ok I'll play again.

A short train being headed up by our latest purchase... a CSX Genset slated for patching and renumbering :D

DSC01781.jpg

Passing by the yet to be decided industry of some kind now using cardboard rolls as storage tanks for who knows what... lolol

Ha ha that is going to be turned into a spout eventually. Nothing goes to waste around here. lol

I was lucky enough to get one of the 1st set of Swift Trucking decals for Kato's white Volvo. They'are from Deluxe Innovations. They include everything you need to make your truck legal. USDOT #'s ICC #'s under the name, & unit #'s. Even the Volvo vent is included & that's good for all Volvo.They are smaller than your average decal because their going on a smaller vehicle. A little harder to deal with for me because of my hands, but end result was still very good. These tractors can be used with Swift & M.S. Carriers trailers. Swift owns both.
PICT0024a.JPG

PICT0022a1.JPG

PICT0018b2.JPG

PICT0017a1.JPG

Back