WEEKEND photofun 09-10-11 November

Nice/sweet picture Steve!!!
What did I do wrong in education that I did not got so far that my children would have a look in MRR magasins...not even a glimpse!?!:eek: :confused:

Jos

Ive been playing with a series of pictures I took on our summer Holidays, Joined them together to make a backscene

S7002342.jpg

S7002348.jpg

and I put some capping stones on my scalescenes retaining wall

S7002352.jpg

John
RJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Great weekend so far guys! I just received my Genesis Auto-max cars, #8-11 (Yes I have 11 of them, a 12th one is on the way!). Man, even after having some for quite some time, I still cannot get over how HUGE they are. The over shadow EVERYTHING.

Pics tonight, once I clean up my desk, and finish a website update.

Good work Jos
John got to build my retaining walls next, don't they look great, and the welsh valley backscene, very nice

Here's two quick shots of my on-going strip mall project , no signs yet. Still developing those ideas.
front view
INTERUM1.png

rear view
INTERUM2.png

Jos, nice pictures but I'm confused about the wire the runs up the hill. Is that supposed to be a fence or what? I suppose it's something that will make perfect sense once you explain it. Nice commuter train photos too.

Crandell, you're right I didn't see any evidence of a steam locomotive in th picture but can just see the shadow of it now that you mention it. Did the Pennsy ever have boiler equipped FA's? That would make a good back story for that water tank if they did. That was a very ingenious way to do an in-tunnel shot. I have no tunnels but I'll have to remember that if I ever remodel.

Richard, you ought to try some india ink washes for a start. darkens up the cliff and brings out the details. Some thinned acrylic gray and light brown washes to follow up should get that cliff in better shape,

Chessie, I like that right of way, that grade looks like it transitions just right. I can see from your other photos that you're a Chessie fan. I've never been much of a Conrail fan but your local looks good, if a little too clean for a Conrail engine. :)

John, nice backgrounds if only you could print enough of them. That paper retaining wall looks surprisingly good.

Jerry, that strip mall is looking really good. How did you get the striping so neat and where did you get the trash cans? I see you've added some mechanicals on the roof. You've got to have a Radio Shack and a Subway. I could live in a strip mall with just those two stores.

Radio Shack is going to be one of them , I just printed the decals for the sign. The striping is just that , 1/16th pinstripe tape from the car modeling area. The trash cans are cast resin copies of the trashcans from an old McDonalds model I have. HO of course. The roof is still going to be finished of with a typical stone covering so common out west. I need to crush some fine ballast up in an old coffee grinder to get it fine enough.

A few pics from me this time. The downtown beautification committee finished planting sheared southern pines downtown to replace the disasters that died last month. These are my 8 cent a piece Walmart pine bough trees and I think they came out pretty good.

A view of Main Street looking towards the courthouse:

MainStMedium.jpg

The trees planted around the perimeter of the courthouse:

CourtStMedium.jpg

Looking up Central street with the new trees:

CentralStMedium.jpg

Looking down First Street going out of town:

FirstStMedium.jpg

Finally, something with a train. The UP 1402 under the Main Street overpass and about to enter Amanda's Cut:

UP1402UnderOverpassMedium.jpg

I hope to have all my back drops up next week so we won't have to be looking at concrete block walls forever. :D

Jeffery
Cool looking loco and building!

Steve
Nice shelter!

Chessie4155
Nice shot!

Selector
Great shots!

John
Nice series of layout shots!

Chessie4155
Nice looking locos!

R. Wilson
Great looking loco and boxcar!

Jim
Nice IC reefer!

Chessie4155
Cool shot going into the tunnel!

Jos
Cool pics!

John
Cool set of photos!

Josh
Nice auto racks!

Chessie4155
Neat local!

Jerry
Neat strip mall!

Jim
Great looking town!

I weathered the Reading passenger cars. I still need to seal them. Here they are on Drexel Ridge.

Reading_Passenger002a.jpg

IHC 2-8-2 Mikado - Reading

Reading_Passenger003a.jpg

Bethlehem Car Works Combine – Reading

Reading_Passenger006a.jpg

Bethlehem Car Works Coach - Reading

Reading_Passenger008a.jpg

Bethlehem Car Works Coach - Reading

Nice looking passenger cars, Tom. How hard were they to assemble and how much fiddling did you have to do to get erverything to fir right?

Jeffrey, I think you could light a small city with those headights. :)

Josh, are those AutoMax cars articulated or does the picture show two of them? Haven't seen any of those down our way.

here we go,,, one complete scalescenes free download kit, turned out nice
10-08-07077-1.jpg

10-08-07078.jpg

and the suicide doors at the back
10-08-07079.jpg

This evening has seen more scalescenes retaining walls going up to the left of the cutting, and under the bridge.

And even a spot of ballasting !!!

cut.jpg

cut3.jpg

cut1.jpg

cut2.jpg

John
RJR

Back