WEEKEND photofun 09-10-11 November

Steve B

Firefighter
It's the weekend again folks, get the camera out and shoot some pictures ;)

Did anyone use the building blocks Fergie told us about, get a picture if you did, will be interesting to see what you did with em.

or

did anyone download the sample building from Scalescenes and make it, pictures please

Last edited by a moderator:
P1010003-20.jpg

Hi, everyone. I have several images this week. The first three are meant to be a sort of montage of a K4s passing out of a tunnel and up a grade, with the last image speaking for itself.

I hope you have a great weekend.

IMG_1386cr.jpg

IMG_1403cadjr.JPG

IMG_1412c.JPG

IMG_1415cr.JPG

I must say Selector I always enjoy looking at your photos every week. Truely awesome.

Scalescenes tunnel portal

S7002299.jpg
And I posted pics of scalescenes retaining walls in last weekends photo fun

As for this weeks efforts, a planned scenic break at the bottom end of the shed

FromdoorCGI.jpg

Became reality (in stages)

S7002328.jpg

S7002324.jpg

S7002316.jpg

S7002330.jpg

S7002339.jpg

John
RJR

Steve and Jeffrey, I downloaded one of the paper kits but it's about # 36 on my to-do list right now. :) Both of yours sure look good though.

Chessie4155, that caboose hop is an interesting photo. Is it about to go upgrade or is that an optical illusion? That roadbed has an interesting overgrown look about it too. Looks like one of those spurs the railroad grudgingly maintains.

John, I like to see how concept becomes reality and you are well on your way there. Great job making a pile of foam sheets look like a real cliff.

Selector, that through the tunnel shot is really unique. Is the tunnel short enough that you get the lens in there or what? Why is that guy climbing the water tank when a pair of FA diesels is spotted beneath it? Were they passenger equipped with boilers that needed water? As you can tell, I know about as much abut the surface of the moon as I do the Pennsy. :)

R. Wilson (what does the "R" stand for, BTW), nice engine and box car. I'm assuming you're not quite done with that cliff in the background since it's a little barren even for Santa Fe territory.

No time to take some photos today but I'll have some up tomorrow. Actually, here's one that I posted in the coffee shop while I was bemoaning the fact that it was a lot harder putting together an Athearn BB ice reefer than I remember that last time I did it maybe 25 years ago. Looking at some of the junk I did then, I may have a little higher standards now, like removing the molded on grabs, but those hatches and hatch supports are still a pain if you want to install them so they actually work.

ICReeferMedium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Selector, that through the tunnel shot is really unique. Is the tunnel short enough that you get the lens in there or what? Why is that guy climbing the water tank when a pair of FA diesels is spotted beneath it? Were they passenger equipped with boilers that needed water? As you can tell, I know about as much abut the surface of the moon as I do the Pennsy. :)...

That's a good question. The layout theme is of the transition era between steam and diesel. What you can't see in this image is the steam locomotive behind the diesel on the through track.

For the tunnel shot, the roadbed is spline and the terrain is cloth or aluminum window screen covered with a goop. This arrangement leaves the splines accessible from below, so all I had to do was to darken the region below the roadbed to prevent ambient light from illuminating the inside of the tunnel, and then I sat the camera directly on the tracks with the lens facing the portal.

Thanks for your compliments and questions, UP2CSX.

-Crandell

UP2CSX That cliff is giving me some problems, haven't decide what to do with it yet. Probably back burner it until some idea hits me. Suggestions are welcome. And the R is for Richard.
Thanks for the comment.

I must say Selector I always enjoy looking at your photos every week. Truely awesome.

Thank-you, Nick. :eek: It is fun learning how to improve my images, but I am feeling the pinch to get some new scenery going so that I can show other parts of the layout. I have let things go for almost a year now, and really should start fleshing the rest of the layout.

I hope I can continue to provide you with some pleasure. Means I must keep doing new things.

-Crandell

pimping is coming along..

It's going to be a great WPF again, always fun to watch the many pictures!:)

Mrr show next weekend!!:) so updating/upgrading some old modules again....
this time (again) with no trains on it but next week WPF I hope( I must!:eek: ) to show some with trains on it...( compare with your pictures.contributions the pics I made look so e m p t y .....

boomgaardnagt8.jpg

a picture before the "upgrading":
afbeelding45is1.jpg

boerderijnavi2.jpg

o.k. found some WITH a trains on it( pass train and a commutertrain..

20070502225518matthias2kx1.jpg

lintn2007brunssumiz7.jpg

Jos

Back