Weekend Photo Fun Jan 25-26-27

Here's a few more new photos from the DT&I including an upcoming reefer project Matt and I worked on last night. Enjoy!

012108011.jpg

012108035.jpg

012108004.jpg

012108040.jpg

ChilledConnections.jpg

arcticDTI.jpg

I also decided to include this video of the very first sound equiped loco on the DT&I. It's a Kato SD40-2 with the new Digitrax Soundbug. Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UG1qPf3xSSk

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve I was in Rawtenstall on Friday and saw two steamers but didint know why. I saw This Lady running tender first at the front of a train heading into ELR so I turned round and chased her to the station just in time to get these shots.

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00269.jpg

And when I downloaded the pics off my phone I found this from last week that was taken near East Lancs Railway

DSC00256.jpg

John
RJR

Springfield show

I said I'd be going, and I did.

Here's a view taken from a stairway that goes up in one corner of the exhibit hall. There are three other buildings that are part of the show, though this one is the biggest.

I'll post some pictures of trains tomorrow.

Jeffery- Nice shot of the GP38-2

Zephyr- Good to see the Rock is still rolling! Nice work on the rolling stock.

Bob- Great photo

VA3TOM- Nice detail work in your scene.

Ray- Barn is coming along great.

Steve B- Thanks for the oversea steam power.

John- See you caught some of them too.

Jerry- Nice work on the digger truck

Got some shots of new power on my road, been wanting these for sometime.

PIC_0184.jpg

PIC_0185.jpg

PIC_0187.jpg

Nice work everybody, Have a great weekend.

Spot on folks
john The 31 on the transporter looks familiar, was it named "Newton Heath TMD" by any chance, The Crab brings back memories, i was talking to a friend who was driving 71000 "Duke of gloucester" it was him i first worked with on the Crab and green arrow at the east lancs years ago

Posted this old black and white photo on another forum, still have the link in my clipboard so might as well share it here too:

Alongtheline.png

Taken many years ago on my 6' by 18" shelf layout.

Bob that's a great pic [as always]! What scale is the wino? He looks mighty detailed to be HO...:D

The Hobo is/was an HO scale Weston figure, by Campbell. The entire scene is HO scale, shot with my pinhole equipped 28mm lens way back in the days of film and black and white.

Bob OMG! Those ties on the trestle...... OMG. How did you get them to look so real. That is the type of detail I drool over when I see it and can never quite approach in my own work. How did you do it and how many hours did it take?

Bob OMG! Those ties on the trestle...... OMG. How did you get them to look so real. That is the type of detail I drool over when I see it and can never quite approach in my own work. How did you do it and how many hours did it take?

Believe it or not, I just used the ties as they came in a commercially packaged lot. Think they were already stained brown too. Don't recall where they came from, as this shelf layout is probably 20+ years old. They just appear to have been roughly cut rather than smoothly cut, which produces the worn look. Wasn't my doing!

Don't think the trestle took all that long to make, probably made up the supports all at once, glued them down, added stringers across the tops and added the ties then the rails and guardrails.

Back