Weekend Photo Fun 30-31-1

Thanks Smoke. Did you know there are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who know Binary and those who don't?

Well I spent most of the day with Sprint tech support on getting my connection to work, Needless to say I got it working on my own this evening. Dont even know what I did lol. But in the mean time I did get in a little weatheing work on a new piece of rollingstock. I just got this in this morning.

RG10862.jpg

DRGW10862.jpg

This weekend is shaping up into another good one!

Jeffrey, that park scene is coming together quite nicely. One suggestion: Maybe some Flat Aluminum paint on the swingset and other playground apparatus, then it would all look totally real!

Grampy - great scenes as always

Crandell - those Niagras were definitely one of the most elegant designs to grace the rails, they look great either along the Lake Erie waterfront or in the mountains where yours is!

John RJR - That waterfront keeps looking better with every passing week

Steve - looks like you and the boys are having lotsa fun with those tanques. But we'll lure you back from the Dark Side one of these days, bwahahahahaha!

Michael - I envy you having that large basement, that'll make a great future home for those Dash 8's and the rest of your fleet!

Paul M. - The Genesis SD60M in BN colors is downright stunning! I sure hope that someday, BNSF will do some of their newer locos in that 'heritage' scheme - I sure do miss it, and I'm not even from BN territory.

Ray - glad to see you've gotten past your chute dilemma, the coal tower looks great!

Boilerman - welcome to the World of Weathering, that Grande hopper sure looks like it seen better days LOL!

Current gas prices have obliterated my model train budget, so nothing new from me this week - just a different view of a part of the layout that's still under construction (needs a facia). I wanted to PhotoShop something that can't be portrayed in real-time, i.e., dust billowing as a bucketload of is dumped into a Terex off-road dump truck. (Click here to see the non-PhotoShop'd image)

Terex_n_Kubota_800x520.png

Ray on your cable issue . Have you thought about using fine wire ?

You're the second to suggest that. I may if just gluing with some tension doesn't do the trick (the threads are already in so that would be the quick fix...) Thanks!

Got a bunch of projects completed this week. Finally the CSX GP40-2 project is at an end.
100_2271.jpg

Finished up a couple of leased units that are headed north to the WCTR in Wisconsin.
100_2264.jpg

100_2266.jpg

And finally, I needed a crane truck for the JTEX shops. Used a Boley GMC Topkick and a Promotex crane.

lifttruck.jpg

Ken Thats a stunning shot, brilliant. I am slipping into tank heaven BTW :)

Jerome you keep turning some great models out, everyone is fantastic.

Here's what I did all day today (besides getting sun burnt)...

ATSF 3751 pulling her train South...
View attachment 9795
View attachment 9796

Returning to the Wye to turn around
View attachment 9797

Bellowing steam
View attachment 9798

The turn around process took over 2 hours. The P42 separated, and entered the wye. After a Surfliner passed, 3751 entered the wye, VERY slowly. Another Surfliner passed, an the P42 emerged from the other side. After another Surfliner passed, 3751 emerged. They started back south to hook back up to the train, as the 5th Surfliner passed headed the same direction.

Jeffery
Nice job on the steamer!

GrampysTrains
Awesome shots and modeling! I love the water pouring out of the pipe!

Selector
Nice looking steamer!

John
Cool shots!

Steve
Looks like fun!

Michael
You got some nice looking locos!

Paul
Great shot and looking loco!

Ray
Great shots at the Coaling Tower!

Boilerbuster
Nice job!

Jeffery
Nice scene!

Ken
Neat shot with the dump truck!

Jerome
Nice locos and vehicle!

Mtrpls
Nice video! Love the sound!

Josh
Great set of shots! Nice to see an old steamer strut her stuff!

that A&P U-boat looks fantastic. I had started on my custom snow flanger, but after cutting up the caboose i was going to use, it turned out it would be a lot harder then I thought. Does anyone know who sells mini bandsaws?

Hi Tom: All I can say is "WOW", what a great weathering job. That's what I intend to start in the near future. I can only wish my results will be half as good as yours. Again, wonderful photos!

Back