Weekend Photo Fun 30-31-1

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
P1010005-34.jpg

That's a nice image, Jeff. :D

Here is a close-up of a departing PRR train at Seneca Falls, with the observation car showing in front of an arriving competitor's train, headed by a Niagara.

IMG_2113adjr.JPG

Good start to the weekend guys.

Grampys~ Great detail work. The water coming out of the pipe is pretty cool.

Cracking stert to the weekend guys

Painted the backscene with a bit of blue rag rolled on then oversprayed with matt white. So while it was outside couldnt help using the natural light for some pictures.

0530083.jpg

0530082.jpg

But the big news is we now have a station building, its a heavily modified maetcalfe island station. I used the two side and opened them out to get double length but no depth of building.

0530086.jpg

0530085.jpg

John
RJR

I need a napkin I am drolling on myself.
DITO, great work gents, 10/10 so far

Sorry to go off the track so to speak :p

had a trip to an old mine near us today for some tank practice,,, now i have to get another after today :D
tankday31-05-08002.jpg

tankday31-05-08007.jpg

tankday31-05-08005.jpg

tankday31-05-08006.jpg

Nice pics everyone.

As some of you know I don't currently have a layout but will soon. I have a full basement ready to use. This is what space I have ready to use.

2539051921_683c948378.jpg

I am planning on building a switching layout untill we buy a home then I will start my large plans. The layout will be a prototype of the local Union Pacific Yard that is here in Ste. Genevieve that serves the local Lime Kiln. With a BNSF mainline that runs through.

Some of the Fleet I currently have.
2539068327_be251969ae_m.jpg
2539068321_3151139125_m.jpg

2539068317_5d70c5d0f0_o.jpg

2539068313_1e5807dc5a.jpg
2539068307_f2c1158cfa_o.jpg

So with my spare time I have been doing my railfanning and research of the area ill be modeling. Here is the newest video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=U-wjGSYXiTw

The tanks look like a lot of fun. Do they shoot anything? I wonder if they could be outfitted with flame throwers or lights for laser tag? Just kidding about the flame throwers. I worked with a guy once who had the flame thrower part worked out but never finished the rest of the tank. Knowing him, it is a good thing.

I got one of the Athearn SD60Ms this past week and it is the first RTR loco I have been impressed with. In my eyes, its only short comings are too minor to mention, there is barely any modeling left to do! I have yet to fit in a NCE decoder.

9284a.jpg

BN 9284 leads a pair of SD40-2 across the Wallace River bridge.

9284b.jpg

Close up on the cab.

Last edited by a moderator:
RTR, or Genesis? The SD60M's are Genesis.

Looking good in any case, I have to wait until July/August to get the ones I want (BNSF & UP).

Genesis. I can't keep track of all the divisions and levels, BB, RTR, Gold, Silver, Premier, etc. To me, RTR has always been a generic term that means Ready to Re-detail. I am only going to make a couple small changes to this one.

As always, so many fantastic photos. I am impressed as usual.

I have almost finished work on the Coaling Tower. Need to do a bit more weathering in a few places. This is a Holmen Bucket type loader that handled both Coal and Sand (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) I added a sand pipe to the tower between the two coal chutes on the outside track. there should be one on the service track as well (It's just hidden so you can't see it - see comment above.....) Some quick flash photos.......

CoalChute9w.png

CoalChute8w.png

A couple of close ups as well. One thing I have to figure out is how to get the string that is supposed to be the cabling to look like cabling holding up weight... I think I am going to glue the chutes in place and then glue the weights to the building and put tension on the string. Good idea.... or not....

CoalChute10w.png

CoalChute7w.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back