Weekend Photo Fun 3/30-4/1

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Hey all. It's that time again. Let's see your pics. :cool:

Here's one from the CSX today. Sorry for the overcast. :eek: Have I told ya'll that I love my new camera? :D
CSX_Large_.JPG

Grande Man, WOW , talk about up close and personal!! :D Cool shot..
Thats a pretty nice camera you have..

Here's about as close as I can get to a shot like that..:p

Oh Boy, oh Boy! The weekend! Here is a couple of photos that were also rans for my entry in the March Photo Contest. Yep, I did get around to do some work in the area that I has been putting off just to have an entry this month.

At the shops in Hopewell Junction, decapod #279 has just departed the turntable to do service on a local freight as American #499 drops ashes and takes on water before heading into the roundhouse for minor repairs.

Service02w.png

Service01aw.png

BTW, Grandeman, I don't know what you were using before you got the Rebel, but chances are your photography will take on whole new dimensions. I found I could do so much the a point and shoot couldn't come close to doing like catching this one:

IMG_1253w.png

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, Grandeman, I don't know what you were using before you got the Rebel, but chances are your photography will take on whole new dimensions. I found I could do so much the a point and shoot couldn't come close to doing like catching this one:

IMG_1253w.png

Great terminal pics, Ray!

As for the Big Bertha, I've loved model rockets since I was a small kid. LGM and I fly them to this day. :cool: Great shot!

You're right about the DSLR. It's a whole new world. I'm pretty stoked about it too. ;)

Grande Man, WOW , talk about up close and personal!!

Yeah, I dropped the camera and ran after tripping the shutter! :D

Actually the telephoto lens (even the one that came in the "kit", because I was close) can give you that "in your face" locomotive feeling. ;)

Yikes, Eric!!!! That darn loco came right out my screen.:D Let me see???? No, you haven't told me you love your camera...well, not since yesterday. Ha!

Great shot and know you're having a ball with it. (I'm so jealous. I knew he would be a show off. Grumpy, Grumpy.)

Eric really nice shot of that Loco, I think you must be having a bit of fun with the new camera.Ray nice yard shots !!

As for the Big Bertha, I've loved model rockets since I was a small kid. LGM and I fly them to this day. :cool: Great shot!

The shot of the rocket was from last years Science and Technology camp at our Boy Scout Camp. They were really fun for the campers to make and fire off.

Work finally begins on the steel mill extention. I had to hire the little people to do the prep work which will take longer. Still, this is better than hiring Carey and then having to listen to him whine about getting his hands dirty.:D

Dcp_1735.jpg

This Cadillac rolled by as I was trying to make breakfast. Who would think that in 2007 you could see an SD9 in SP colors with a working gyralite?

Sorry my wire and tree filter wasn't working today. Those wires end on the post just out of the photo to the left, too bad they couldn't have gone underground a little sooner.

Paul Mack
Hillsboro, OR
http://members.trainorders.com/pmack/train.htm

This Cadillac rolled by as I was trying to make breakfast. Who would think that in 2007 you could see an SD9 in SP colors with a working gyralite? Sorry my wire and tree filter wasn't working today. Those wires end on the post just out of the photo to the left, too bad they couldn't have gone underground a little sooner.

Thanks for posting this pucture, it's good to see Sp_SD9's are still alive and kicking. Keep shooting and posting SD9 images, I can't get enough.

I used my "wire filter" on your picture and here's the result:

Regards,

René

Hummm, thats scary, I'd never wanna run a unit with an ejection seat, you need at least 5000 ft of airspace to use one safely!

Hi everyone. Great pics, as usual. I've come to expect that from you all. :)

Here's a few I snapped a few minutes ago.

Eastbound coal drag takes the main from the siding at Lehigh Gulch.
Taking_the_Main_Large_.JPG

Hurry up and wait. A Grande freight waits for the all clear as an opposing move occupies the diamond.
Hurry_up_and_Wait_Large_.JPG

One of the CB&Q's new GE units being readied for it's next assignment.
Crop_Large_.JPG

Paul - want to find out more about that Cadillac? http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/PNWR/ - see you there!

My layout construction juices got going again, and I finally got the gumption to paint some backdrop hills - they aren't quite as "distant" as they are supposed to be, but they'll do. Scanning from left to right:
IMG_1333.sized.jpg

IMG_1332.sized.jpg

IMG_1278.sized.jpg

I've also acquired some more locomotives recently to run on the layout:
Two ATSF Warbonnet Atlas GP38s that I picked up on the World Famous Auction Site for $50per (they're going to need new silent decoders):
IMG_1328.sized.jpg

Eventually they'll be patched into WPRR logos.

And an SP GP40 (also Atlas) that helped me decide that on my layout the SP is still unmerged in 2001...
IMG_1329.sized.jpg

Now, back to building the final section of my layout benchwork....

Looking great Jeff! Keep it up. I'll post some pics tomorrow, I'm working on a Santa Fe Dash 9.

Jeff great work...I have been following your progress. Keep it up man!

GM you sure are turning into a shutterbug! LOL

Back