Weekend Photo Fun 1-26/1-25

Alan That last steel arch bridge that was scratch built. I'm looking to build one like it.

NYC_George

It was indeed George. Good eye! I can't claim the workmanship on that one, but it was built by a very good friend. He drew it up and used layout dye on a piece of sheet metal for the main sections. Took him a few months. I did paint it for him though!

I'm made some progress on my SD45 this week. Drilled out the kato stanchions and put in some brass wire. I need to get the correct size of wire though the wire that is in there is to small.
IMG_3014.jpg

Some great work this weekend as always!

I have been working on more of the line poles. These are about half of what I have made and installed.

LinePoles01w.png

They don't take very long and add one more thing "I" made for the layout.

I missed out on the 60th year car, still keeping a low key search for one. Seen them on Ebay now and then. Maybe I'll score one at the show today.

Karl~ Those bookends are cool, nice find.
I'm still sad I missed out on the 9-11 Decals for WSOR cars...

I'm made some progress on my SD45 this week. Drilled out the kato stanchions and put in some brass wire. I need to get the correct size of wire though the wire that is in there is to small.
IMG_3014.jpg
Couldn't wait for the RailFlyer stanchions? :eek::p Looks good!

I've been doing some work building mountains and sprinkling turf. I've also been testing some lighting, so the pictures are off-colored. I also finished building one of my smaller trestles.

n116400015_30288944_6903.jpg

n116400015_30288945_7145.jpg

n116400015_30288946_7414.jpg

n116400015_30288948_7959.jpg

n116400015_30288952_9020.jpg

n116400015_30288954_9537.jpg

Sorry for so many photos, I've been busy. More coloring and fun to be added soon...

P9120423.jpg

KCS SD50 #7011, formerly Conrail #6782 September 12th, 2007 behind the Museum of West Louisiana in Leesville Louisiana. It was a Wednesday under a heavy overcast sky.

Photo taken with my Olympus D550Z by my friend David Parks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffrey, instead of making us wonder what is significant about your photo posts, I would appreciate it if you would add a caption so I know what I'm supposed to notice or, more importantly, why you think it is worth looking at.

Unlike the previous posters with great train photos, I will share my favorite from the weekend, Daughter 1.0 holding Daughter 2.0, a few hours after her birth.

Jeffrey, instead of making us wonder what is significant about your photo posts, I would appreciate it if you would add a caption so I know what I'm supposed to notice or, more importantly, why you think it is worth looking at.
My post has been updated as per your suggestion. Usually I leave it to the viewer to draw their own conclusion.

Hi: Congrats to you Paul. Great looking family. Boy, does that photo bring back memories for me. My daughters were 2 1/2 yrs. apart. Now, the oldest has 2 daughters of her own, and my youngest has 2 boys. And congrats to your wife, too.

Very nice work, everyone. I've been either busy or under the weather the last few days so I haven't been able to keep up but looked at everyone's work. By far, Paul's new baby is the cutest. :) Congratulations to you and the family, Paul. My oldest just turned 38 this year :eek:

I finally got the Engine house doorway cut out the way I want. Now I have to get some foam board and rough out the foundation. I'll have to wait til my SS check hits the bank (Friday).

P1270898.jpg

Very nice work, everyone. I've been either busy or under the weather the last few days so I haven't been able to keep up but looked at everyone's work. By far, Paul's new baby is the cutest. :) Congratulations to you and the family, Paul. My oldest just turned 38 this year :eek:

Thanks for the well wishes. I realized after our first night at home being unemployed with a new baby isn't all bad, I don't have to get up and drag myself to work after sleeping a few 1.5-2 hour blocks between feedings and diaper changes. She had one of those "explosions" that need a bath and clean sheets afterwards but it may have been due to a diaper mis-application, a wardrobe malfunction if you will.

Yuck! I had to clean up after several of those 'explosions' when I was helping my sister raise her two kids back in the 80's when her husband was in Panama during operation Just Cause. They're in their 20's now. The youngest got put through college and got herself a good job with great pay and the oldest, well, they put him through a wall. He's still mooching.

Newest acquisition

Hello everyone,

I know I'm a little late for last weekend's photos, but................

Here are some photos of my latest acquisition, a Kato SD38-2 custom painted in the EJ&E's 1976 Bi-Centennial scheme. Hope you enjoy!!

Regards,

Thanks for the well wishes. I realized after our first night at home being unemployed with a new baby isn't all bad, I don't have to get up and drag myself to work after sleeping a few 1.5-2 hour blocks between feedings and diaper changes. She had one of those "explosions" that need a bath and clean sheets afterwards but it may have been due to a diaper mis-application, a wardrobe malfunction if you will.

It's stories like this that make me glad I'm now a Grandpa! In the absence of parents, Gramma gets diaper doodie, er duty!;)

Paul, sorry about being unemployed but let's hope it's only long enough to get her so she has less explosions and sleeps all night. :)

Joe, the EJ&E had a particularly nice Bicentennial paint job and it really looks good on that Kato. It's hard to remember, after 40 years, how many railroads, big and small, took the time and money to paint a Bicentennial unit. I wonder if they would do the same thing if the Bicentennial was next year?

Carl & Jim,

Thanks for the complements on the new locomotive. You know Jim, it would be really hard for railroads to spend money on paint schemes in today's age by comparison to 1976. I would have to say no, they probably wouldn't paint locomotives like they did in 76. Thoughts?

Now, onto my next acquisition, there is a person on the Rock Island Tech. Society e-mail group that has reproduced HO Scale decals for the Rock Island's E8A #652 "Independence" I'm going to have a custom paint job done to represent that locomotive.

Regards,

Back