Veteran's Roll Call: All that served or serving our countries

Jeffrey Wimberly
US Army, 78-81
Ft Polk, Louisiana, 64C, Co B, 105th S&T Bn, 5th ID, Mech.[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]

Freedom Isn't Free![/FONT]

TN Nat Guard 8-56 to 12-56
USN 12-56 to 6-77
USS Cape Esperance T-CVU-88 (Shuttle Yokosuka to Alameda and back and forth)
USS E. A. Greene DD-711, RTW Shellback 11-66
NavPhibBase Coronado 59-60
NavSta Gtmo 60-63
NCS Asmara 70-74 (miss this duty)
NCS Italy (Napoli)
Radioman
Ed Johnson

Navy 1982 - 2003

Electronics Warfare Tech 1st Class

USS Mount Baker AE-34 Charleston, SC
USS Badger FF-1071 Pearl Harbor, HI
USS Guam LPH-9 Norfolk, VA
USS Supply AOE-6

NATO MEWSG RNAS Yeovilton, UK
NTTC Corry Station
COMOPTEVFOR Norfolk

ED, I was in Asmara during that time on a TDY, '72 I think. I was a gov civilian and stayed over at the Whispering Palms (unofficial) NCO club. Know of it? :D Man, those Senior NCO's sure fixed that place up nice and I was treated like a VIP. Don't remember any Navy staying there, but I went to the Chief's club many times...great food. Asmara was interesting, but the altitude took some getting use to ;).

Rex, if you had rolled out of the back door of the Chief's club on Tract A, you would have been in my back yard. That is if you could have found your way through the motorcycles parked back there. BTW, my biggest layout (HO) was constructed in an upstairs bedroom there. It had Cat-interference though. Too many Siamese at the end of the tunnels. LOL

edj

Many people don't understand the nature of the freedom we have. They think that if we are free, there shouldn't be an army, or any other military force. COME ON PEOPLE! WAKE UP! It's because of the army and other military forces the you have this precious commodity called freedom. There are people in other parts of the world who would give their lives to have just a little of the freedom you have. I'm a 48 year old disabled veteran and I love the USA. I would gladly give my life to keep this country free. I'm passing the torch of freedom to you. It's time for you to do your part to keep this country of ours free. Maybe after you have a taste of military life, you'll realize what kind of price has been paid for you to enjoy all this. Where else can you openly insult the leader of the nation you live in on national TV. I've lived in parts of the world where people are imprisoned simply for speaking out against taxes. Thank your lucky stars you don't live there. You live in the freest nation on the face of the earth. Enjoy it. But remember, a tremendous cost has been paid for you to do this. This Memorial Day weekend, please remember those who paid the ultimate price and those that are fighting for your freedom at this very moment.

I served in the US Army, 5th Infantry Division, 105th S&T Bn, Co B, Ft. Polk, Louisiana as a truck driver (64C10-70, light, heavy) and I'm proud of it!

I'm also listed on a memorial at the Vernon Parish Veteran's Park in Leesville, Louisiana.

plaza2.jpg

plaza1.jpg

My name is circled in red here.
Image6.jpg

My parents names are listed also.
plaza3.jpg

Freedom Isn't free!

Seems like the same thread comes up every year, but...

USMC, Sept 10th 2002 - Sept 9th 2006.
MWSS 373, fuels
Iraq from August of 2004 to March 2005...

Saw a lot of soldiers flying today and took the time to thank each one of them for their service to our country and for keeping my pasty white butt safe. All were what I think of as young kids now and they are standing up for their country. It was a good way to spend Memorial Day.

Rex, if you had rolled out of the back door of the Chief's club on Tract A, you would have been in my back yard. That is if you could have found your way through the motorcycles parked back there. BTW, my biggest layout (HO) was constructed in an upstairs bedroom there. It had Cat-interference though. Too many Siamese at the end of the tunnels. LOL

edj
There were a few nights that I DID roll out the door.:D:D

Seems like the same thread comes up every year, but...

USMC, Sept 10th 2002 - Sept 9th 2006.
MWSS 373, fuels
Iraq from August of 2004 to March 2005...

Same thread, but a lot of new signatures. My thanks to all my fellow Vets.:)

I served

Hello,
I spent 6 years (4 active & 2 reserve) as an MP, 12th Bt. D. Co.
I was assigned to MPR (Military Personel recovery), tracing and apprehending AWOLs and Deserters.

Being on the road too much cost me my first marriage wich was a lot too sacrifice but Hey, some one had to do it.

I'm happily Married again so it ended well.

I also wish to thank all those who served our great Country.
Jess Red Horse.

Hey, Jess, good to see you again. I'm sure tracking down those guys wasn't a real fun job but I'm glad it all ended up well for you.

...To all my fellow veterans who serve with me or before me: God bless you for giving me the chance to serve my country to this day! I contribute...

father (USMC - 1975 - 1991)
mother (USMC - 1975 - 1979)
uncles x 2 (USMC - 1985 - 1989)

brother (USA - 2004 - present)
uncle (former USMC - now USA 2005 - present)
myself (USA - April 4, 2001 - present)

All of us listed above (excluding my mother who became pregnant shortly after her initial enlistment with my older sister) have served combat and/or peacekeeping tours. My brother is now in Afgahnistan on his first combat tour (we are SO proud!!!) and my uncle is heading back to Iraq for his second tour. I will be heading back to Iraq for my third tour at the beginning of next year! For all of you guys that say freedom isn't free, I couldn't have put it better myself! There is a huge price to pay and my family and I have absolutely no problems making our installments. I am so very proud to see that countless other men (and women) on this forum do the exact same thing! So, for those that came before me and those who serve with me, you are ALL my heroes! Those of you that tried to join and weren't fortunate enough to have made it in are also heroes none the less! May God bless all of you for your service and dedication to this great country!

Sgt. Richard Wongsing
Fort Carson, CO
U.S Army

Richard, you sure have a family to be proud of. Stay safe. With the way things are going, I hope your third tour isn't in North Korea. :(

USAF, enlisted 66, comissioned 78 and retired 92

Youngest son now active-duty USAF, Incirlik AB Turkey. I was honored to administer him his initial oath of enlistment, and have been honored to re-enlist him twice since then.

Ed Schopperth/Papillion NE

Back