tooters scooters...

Hi 97, :)

Thanks... I'm glad you liked it. I got sidetracked working on a big train layout in the back yard. However, I did find this really neato pic of another tooter scooter that I'll bet no one has ever modelled...

Soldiers-railroad.jpg

Holy smokes! I hope they shoot that thing while it's on a curve, otherwise the track ahead will be toast!

No railroad should be without one.

In the old days, if your competitor didn't want to merge with your company...

The latest scooter is this really old all diecast Fleischmann super heavy duty flat car off ebay for only $4.50...:)

IMG_5743.jpg

IMG_5744.jpg

IMG_5747.jpg

I took off the Euro couplers and will be putting Kadees on it.

It's relatively long... 120mm between the buffers, or about 34 scale feet long. The 3 scooter flats are each 76mm long, of about 22 scale feet long...

IMG_4740.jpg

They also have removable tanks to double as liquid cargo carriers...

IMG_4425.jpg

It's to make the "old timer" cars look... well... old!

Greg, how do those log cars make it around your 12" curves? :D

They go around 6 inch radius curves... :)

IMG_5831.png

IMG_5834.png

The long lumber rests on a central pivot on each flat car so it does not impede the motion on turns. It also has a one sided clip on one end to allow it to slide fore and aft during sharp turns. The log cars also come with stakes so that each one can carry its own shorter logs.

That's one thing I really like about the old time European engines and rolling stock. Since they're designed to negotiate small radius curves, they can easily operate on extremely small layouts.

It was raining today, so I worked on putting together a Maintenence of Way track construction train...

IMG_5836.jpg

IMG_5838.jpg

IMG_5839.jpg

IMG_5840.jpg

I saw a similar set on Renaud's...

481103.jpg

and decided to put together a similar set. :)

Prairie spirit shaman study up on shorties and unique way of the tooter. Much are these good ways. Find interesting the imagine of wireless electricity locomoto.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tooter, I came upon this photo ... Thought it may give you some ideas.
I really like your work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 425

Back