tooters scooters...

That they do...:)
The little cars have zero running issues, even being pulled around 6 inch radius curves, because they're actually quite heavy for their small size. The Comstock kit is well thought out and the parts fit together nicely. I glued the all metal trucks together on a sheet of plate glass so they would be absolutely true and square to keep all 4 wheels in equal contact with the track. I'm totally pleased with their appearance and how they operate.

No #.5 turnouts... but lots of #2 wyes...;)

IMG_3911-1.jpg

A tooter shorty mining train... ;)

[YOUTUBE]r84xIJjE7Tw[/YOUTUBE]

The engine is a little Breuer shunting tracktor.

I call fake.:)

Pause the video when the train is in the crossing. You'll notice that the train doesn't even have one full wheel. Also, you'll notice a vertical line to the left of the wheel showing a sharp difference of shading, indicating that the front of the train and the back of the train were stuck together with everything in between removed.

Also, before the train appears, notice the person crossing the street on the other side of the track. Right before the train passes by, the person is walking on the left hand side of the road, next to a utility pole. Right after the train passes, (About .5 seconds later) he/she is standing still several feet ahead of where he/she was before the train passed.

Furthermore, notice the white curtains in the apartment window in the upper white "time-warp" as the train passes the metal utility pole in the right foreground.

AND...Finally, at 10 seconds, notice the sudden, distinct audio pitch change as the train passes by.

Still, a VERY cleverly edited video. Must've taken quite awhile to pull this one off.:):D

Hey Paul, :)

Thanks so much for posting those links.
It's a tooter scooter Paradise! :D

So far, this is my favorite... :)

adc1.jpg

From the Locomotive Dictionary - First Edition; by George Fowler - 1906

(they allow train forum reposting with attribution)

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be the new Dash-1¾ designed to meet even stricter emission standards. Sadly the designers made it a bit too small and the biggest prime mover + generator combination they could fit only generates enough power to run the interior lighting.

Wow... Tooterized Thomas!
That guy is very clever. :)

There was also another guy who did a bunch of really neat LGB shortys.

(Found a pic below...)

Last edited by a moderator:
These tooterized LGB sets were available for a while...

70340%20&%2070440.JPG

And someone made a whole collection of LGB shortys...

SHORTYS.jpg

Back