The Decoder Install Thead

zzr1200guy

So, I'm starting this thread to as a place to share my decoder installs and get advice on ways to improve on the work that I do.

I clicked on both your videos but did not let them play as I noticed the videos are quite long in running time (over an hour).
My Data allowance is only 20 GB every month; and Videos eat up data rather fast so that is the reason why I did not watch.
But that's only me; this may not be a "problem" for other forum members.

I clicked on both your videos but did not let them play as I noticed the videos are quite long in running time (over an hour).
My Data allowance is only 20 GB every month; and Videos eat up data rather fast so that is the reason why I did not watch.
But that's only me; this may not be a "problem" for other forum members.
I fixed the links.
They both HD so it be best to watch over WIFI.

Last edited:
Well here the decoder install I did for my 100 subscriber give away. You'll all have to stay tuned for then next give away.. I have some PRR N5C caboose I'll be adding light and 3d printed interior too those will be fun builds.

OK guys I told you I'd show you the good the bad and the ugly. Well, here's how I installed the Digitrax SDXH167D sound decoder in my 20-year-old PROTO 2000 SD-9 that I pulled out of the Bachmann Spectrum N&W J that I could not get the sound file to load correctly.

This was a simple, quick and satisfying install that really make this engine pretty damn nice.

This one was really tricky.
Here we go and do an install of a Soundtraxx MC1H102P8 Plug& Play decoder that wasn't quite plug and play but we got r done.

Back