The D&J Railroad -- From Scratch

Looks fantastic. This will be quite an interesting feature on the layout. Waiting for updates on this project.

Got some earth tone coloring goin on now.

Need do some more trimming the foam and applying more plaster.

IMG_6871.JPG

Attachments

• 1026152032.jpg
    1026152032.jpg
    600.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
I have a couple other places where I will need to do some kind of bridge. One is about 6 feet long the other is only about 2 feet. Both would be quite easy to do as trestles as they can both be one base level. 6 feet of trestle bends will be kinda expensive.

I have a question. The tracks in the lower part of the scene, what are they? Hidden staging or storage?

Beautiful work. If I ever got within a few hundred miles of you, I may be knocking on your door.

I have a couple other places where I will need to do some kind of bridge. One is about 6 feet long the other is only about 2 feet. Both would be quite easy to do as trestles as they can both be one base level. 6 feet of trestle bends will be kinda expensive.

Ken .. Are you planning to scratch build them? If you use non round sticks .. I will cut you the wood if you give me the sizes you need. I have some redwood that maintains its shape nicely .. stains well too. PM me if you are interested.

I have a question. The tracks in the lower part of the scene, what are they? Hidden staging or storage?

Beautiful work. If I ever got within a few hundred miles of you, I may be knocking on your door.

That's the staging yard. I have it set up there primarily for visitors to setup their trains then drive them up to the operating level.
Yeah, if you ever plan to be in the area, let me know and I would surely enjoy letting ya run some trains.

Ken .. Are you planning to scratch build them? If you use non round sticks .. I will cut you the wood if you give me the sizes you need. I have some redwood that maintains its shape nicely .. stains well too. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks for the offer. I'm still not sure what I want to do with the other two areas. Trestle may be a possibility as they do look very good.

If ya go on-line and look around for "Construction of Trestles" you will find quite a few examples that make it pretty easy.

Just need to make a jig for the bents and everything else falls into place. I made one out of styrene.

Finally got the facia put back up and the ground color applied.
I think there will be some scrub brush growing up around the base of the bents in a few weeks.

1026152032.jpg

Last edited:

Back