The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I think I'll hang back and enjoy the conversation. Looking forward to getting to know all of you. After my time spent lurking everyone seems to be pretty light-hearted in this group. That's great!

Thanks again! I'll just be over here in the corner trying to figure out my track plan.

Darrin

BigD said:
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I think I'll hang back and enjoy the conversation. Looking forward to getting to know all of you. After my time spent lurking everyone seems to be pretty light-hearted in this group. That's great!

Thanks again! I'll just be over here in the corner trying to figure out my track plan.

Darrin

Another welcome. Glad to have you on board!

Hi all stopped in to say high not much happening here just sitting at home relaxing after the defiberator was put in wed. all went fine now a week of rest befor I go back to work.

Welcome to all new coffee shoppers I have missed . will talk to you all later take care

rtraincollector said:
Hi all stopped in to say high not much happening here just sitting at home relaxing after the defiberator was put in wed. all went fine now a week of rest befor I go back to work.

Welcome to all new coffee shoppers I have missed . will talk to you all later take care

Glad to hear you are doing well, my friend. Get some rest and take care.

Happy Saturday y'all,

Just checking in, can't stay long - have alot of work to do. There's a steady April shower falling outside, so no yard honeydoo's - guess I have no choice but to stay in the garage:rolleyes:

Welcome back RT, glad the surgery went OK. Be sure to follow the doc's advice now, y'hear? (easier said than done I know)

Eric, I've been enjoying your history lessons, wish that my high school teachers could've made it that interesting...

Fergie - I don't believe heat will be much of a problem in these coming months, but thanx anyhow for the idea! (Kinda looks like Rex may have found a new source of heat with those light fixtures, ya think?;) )

KeNZ - Looks like it's time for you to place another trainworld.com order for some more hopper cars (did they use bethgons in your era?)

Darrin - good luck with those track plans

Stan - great to see ya, don't be such a stranger

. . .
Now U see me now U don't *POOF*

Howdy, howdy, howdy! Just poppin' in to say hi.

Ken, don't ya just love rainy days when you have to stay inside and do "yard" work. People are always calling me and saying that they called me 3 times and didn't get me. I always tell them i was doing yard work.

RT, glad you're surgery went well. Always scares me when I hear of someone younger than me having heart problems.

BigD, don't forget to share those track plans. There are a lot of folks here that can help you check them over and prevent problems that you might not see.

I have to get to work on a presentation for next weeks Scout Roundtable. Subject is "Shelters". I said I would do this almost a year ago and have put it off for way too long. Won't have much time this weekend for the layout..... :(

See ya later!

CSX_road_slug said:
Eric, I've been enjoying your history lessons, wish that my high school teachers could've made it that interesting...

I'm glad to hear you enjoy the posts, Ken. I wish I'd have been interested in Bham history when I was in school, there would have been much more left then. I've been updating some of the posts with new info I've gotten from comparing Google Earth research and the 1935 area RR map.

Hello everyone
welcome Darrin hope you enjoy being on this forum as much as we do.
Rex i think the most i have pulled around the layout was 35, hopefully when i get the house done i can get on with MR'ing
Ken L http://www.mwscomp.com/sounds/mp3/brghtsd.mp3
RTglad your on the mend
Tried Skyping a bit but nobody about i'll try later

Well, just when i thought things could not get any worse they do, i am now officially alergic to alcohol, i'm glad i don't drink much, i won't be drinking any now, it brings on an alergic reaction that contracts my airways much like asthma does.
Had a very busy few days trying to get all the jobs on the house done so the plasterers can go to work on wednesday, the boiler and heating man is almost done and the electrician is coming tommorow, today i fitted six door frames, half of the upstairs flooring and put the water supply to the utillity room, phew,,,time for a nice hot cup of tea, now that i'm a tea totaller

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve B said:
Hello everyone

Well, just when i thought things could not get any worse they do, i am now officially alergic to alcohol, i'm glad i don't drink much, i won't be drinking any now, it brings on an alergic reaction that contracts my airways much like asthma does.
Gosh Steve, thats terrible!!!!;) Of all the things that you could come up with to be allergic to!!:rolleyes:

Well, since I'm still having a hard time eating real food:p, I'll just think of you and raise a glass while I enjoy some nice WT Kentucky Bourbon Liquer. :D

I'll yus' raise ma glas' to ya in luvin' memry! Hic!:D:D:D;)

well I found out yesterday (was asking what my co-pay was for the bill so I could pay it as if I pay within 30 days the hospital gives you a 20% discount on the co-pay .) Anyway the acuall bill was $81,324.32 for one day in the hospital and having the defiberator installed that I believe covers everythin including the doctor ,the opperating staff, the defiberator, and all. My total co-pay was after the discount of 20% a big $120.00 whew glad I have this great insurance that I do.

No wonder health insurance is so high man what a train layout I could make with that type of change to play with.

Well you all have a good evening

Good Morning All

Just a quick one before I go for my bike ride.

$81K... Wow. RT it's a good thing you do have health insurance! Couldn't imagine what it would be like not to have some sort of coverage.

Steve: What can I say... And how did this come about? Is it the Alcohol or the additives? What about Beer Batter Fish and Chips and marinated Steak?

Well yesterday was a bit of a wash out as I decided to put a sound decoder in my Athearn Mikado. What was to be a hour long task took me the better part of the day due in part I had to disassemble the whole loco a the pick up wires let go and needed resoldering. Athearn DOES NOT want people tampering with there locos! Well engineered but a lot like a Rubix Cube!

It's back together but once I had the shell back on... "Where are these two screws from? Doh! "

Well maybe today I'll make the back drop so I can enter the photo contest!

Well it's about 30F and the sun's breaking through. Time to ride

Later Gents

Fergie

Bill Tidler Jr. said:
Good Morning ! from Indiana. :D
Bill! Ya gotta stop that! Sit down and at least smell the Java, have a yarn, a laugh, Tell us a bit about yourself:D

Bill's also a regular in the MR CS. However he's like the masked Marvel

"Who was that Masked Man?"

Later All

Fergie

Anyone for a Skype later?

Fergie

Morning all! Big cup of java there Sabrina!

Been busy around the house this weekend. Had to clean up some limbs/debris from the real bad storms Fri nite/Sat morning. Believe we had a funnel cloud roar close above the house during the storms. It did sound like a train! Several trees in the neighborhood were topped off at the same level, like someone came thru with a hedge clipper. Glad it didn't touchdown. Lots of lightning, hail, and a ton of rain. There were 45 reports of funnel clouds/tornadoes between Ala, Miss & Tenn Friday night/Sat morning.

I am now finishing up the lights in my basement so I can at least see to build a layout. The benchwork starts with me hosting the ARG next month. Just gotta determine a date. Yall bring your tools and some extension cords!

Just gimme another cup to go there Sabrina, Got a couple o' more lights ta hang.

Hello everyone! Sorry to have been absent for a few days, but this has been a week full of unexpected interruptions and confusion. The biggest is my Mother's insistance on living alone at 90 yrs. old and experiencing dizzy spells. We had her in the hospital for tests that didn't find anything, but I did get it out of her that even though she gives herself insulin shots, she doesn't check her sugar levels. She said that she can tell. Hmmm! Well, anyhow the wife and I managed to talk her into at least having "Home Health Care" which means a nurse and therapist will be coming by each week to help her learn to do things easier and of course we always keep close tabs and visits with her. She refuses to live with us and insist that a retirement home is for old and sick people and in her mind it would be the end of it all. Guess this is something we all have to face one day.:(

The wife had a very traumatic experience Friday when coming back from my Mother's place. As she was getting ready to pull out of the Neighborhood, several fire trucks and ambulance entered. They were immediately followed by two Sheriff's cars that blocked the entrance. Each deputy jumped out of their cars and drew there pistols at a guy in a side grassy area. She heard a shot, but didn't see what happened. When she was allowed to move forward, there was a man lying dead in the grass. No, he hadn't been shot by the Deputies, but when he saw the deputies coming he pulled a gun and shot himself. He had been running after shooting and wounding his girlfriend. Wow!:eek:

So, you see that just these couple of things have had my life upside down for this week. Needless to say, I didn't get any train work done. Guess I need to get CJ back over here to get me fired back up.

Fergie: Sorry that I just now saw your post about tweaking the sounds of your Tsunami's. Do you still need help with this or have you managed to figure it out? I am far from an expert with this, but I have been down this road with mine. The best advice I can give you right now is to download and print-out the "Steam Sound Users Guide" from the Soundtraxx site. If you can't do this then open it up on your computer and study the "Step 8: Advanced Programming ", page 50, for a starter. This will make remarkable differences in your steam sounds. Don't forget that the Tsunami has an equalizer that wil make huge differences in all sounds by better matching your speaker installation with the decoder.This info is on page 37.
I would highly recommend that you read this manual from "A" to "Z" because there are so many options to choose from. Then we can get together if you want and see about clearing up any questions about it.

CJ: Don't leave any wires dangling loose. If you do, the electrons will fall out of the wire and get all over the floor. They are very slippery. At least put a bucket under the wires. :D :D

Steve: That is a heck of an allergy to have, but at least they discovered it. Yeah, 52 cars is a lot and very impractical, but it was fun. This was all on the flats of the layout and I doubt that just two engines would have pulled it up to the next level. I was expecting a coupler to pop, but they all held well.

RT: Glad that you are back ok and on the mend. Yes, we all would be in bad trouble without insurance, but I do object to the rediculous charges that hospitals and Doctors have. (I know, we don't have much of a choice.)

Hello all,
Ken L Skype went dead for some reason ??? lord only knows why.
Fergie beers like bitter and real ale have recently caused hay fever alergy type reactions but stuff like wine, cider etc didn't,,,till last weekend,
off to bed now i am cream crackerd

Good Morning ! from Indiana.

And a good afternoon to you Bill from Tipton. I am approximately I I this far south east of you just northwest of Markleville.

Rex,Wow spring in Alabama looks just like here!! Jan loves the flowers.

Just when I thought I'd finished with the darn Surf, now it needs bottom ball joints for a Warrant Of Fitness. This will bring the grand total to around $4000.
Lucky I'm able to do these things myself, or it would be 6000 grand!!

Just a small amount of track laid and some testing of the gate, but otherwise it's just boring chores!! Roll on winter I say!! Hehe

Later Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back