The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all anybody here belong to a model railraod club please email me a copy of your by laws if you would please. Thanks . We are starting a model railroad club here and need some to get an idea on how to write ours up. Any would really help.

Not much happening here tonight just got back from our first meeting and my task was to see if I could get a copy of any by-laws from any of you that I talk to.

rtraincollector said:
Hi all anybody here belong to a model railraod club please email me a copy of your by laws if you would please.

RT an even better idea would be to start a thread where club by-laws could be posted (or at least the major basic rules of order). I bet there are a lot of people that would like to see how different clubs are organized and run. Just a thought.

What a great day this has been in the Finger Lakes! Low 70s out all day. I spent much of the day cutting up and loading some of a huge Maple Tree into my truck. The tree came down in the side yard of friends of mine (couple I taught with for many years) last fall and I have been working on it off and on all winter (when my son has a day off from work and can help me). This tree is about 3 foot across at the bottom and was completely rotted about 5 foot up. I have no idea how it stayed up as long as it did. A lot of maple trees around here are getting bad from the acid rain. They are basically starving to death. Many here in town need to come down before they kill someone. (Several came down all by themselves in the recent wind storms.) Anyway, the wife is getting pretty upset that it is still cluttering up her yard so I will need to find more time soon. Probably about 3 truck loads left for me out there. It will help keep me keep warm next winter so it is very worth the hassle!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning !from Indiana. :D

donuts_4.png

rhoward said:
RT an even better idea would be to start a thread where club by-laws could be posted (or at least the major basic rules of order). I bet there are a lot of people that would like to see how different clubs are organized and run. Just a thought.

What a great day this has been in the Finger Lakes! Low 70s out all day. I spent much of the day cutting up and loading some of a huge Maple Tree into my truck. The tree came down in the side yard of friends of mine (couple I taught with for many years) last fall and I have been working on it off and on all winter (when my son has a day off from work and can help me). This tree is about 3 foot across at the bottom and was completely rotted about 5 foot up. I have no idea how it stayed up as long as it did. A lot of maple trees around here are getting bad from the acid rain. They are basically starving to death. Many here in town need to come down before they kill someone. (Several came down all by themselves in the recent wind storms.)

RT: Ron makes an excellent point here and if I'm not mistaken a thread was run on the MR Forum about a year or so ago asking people what their bylaws were. If you go by other peoples experiences you will save yourselves a lot of heartache, hence3 why I don't do the club thing any more.

Ron: I wasn't aware that acid rain had such an impact on maples! When Juan went through the Maple on our property survived and it wasn't until after the storm I realised 4/5ths of the trunk (1' thick') was rotted. How it withstood 90 knot+ winds is beyond me.

Anyway I have a Wisteria trellace/bird house post to "plant".

Later All

Fergie

jbaakko said:
Oh man Grandeman, Looking beautiful there! How's she ride? I LOVE bikes!

Hey Josh. It's a sweet ride. Even though it's a dual sport bike, it's pure dirt origins are easy to spot. The seating/ergos/handling/suspension remind me much of the motocross machines I raced years ago. I'm still giving it an easy break in, but can't wait to wring it out a little. I rode part of the old Cane Creek Branch on the way home yesterday as well as a few of the old dirt roads out that way. Fun stuff! Also, even with the dirt riding, I got 55MPG on the first tank! :cool:

RT: on a final note: Bob (Teffy) handed me a framed copy of the following which is proudly hung on the wall as you go down to the train room.

Notice!
Anyone That
Doesn't Like the
Manner In Which
These Trains
Are Operated,
Please Notice
The Mistletoe
Attached To The
Owner's Shirt
Tail

P.S. Talked to Bob last night and he sends his regards.

Fergie

Afternoon yall,

Not much has changed since my last post. Still slogging my way thru the ballasting chore; adding a few extra drops of liquid dw detergent allieviated, but did not eliminate, the water 'beading' problem. At least the upcoming stretch of mainline has only 1 turnout to worry about, so hopefully the work won't be as tedious as yesterday.

Fergmiester said:
rhoward said:
... A lot of maple trees around here are getting bad from the acid rain. They are basically starving to death. Many here in town need to come down before they kill someone... -Ray
Ron: I wasn't aware that acid rain had such an impact on maples...

Fergie, methinks you have been watching too many Happy Days reruns lately....!:D

Claudia, glad you found time to drop in!

Have a great day everyone...

Fergie, Hope you got that trellis/birdhouse firmly planted in the ground. I read an article several years back about the Maples in the Northeast US and Canada. The author stated that research showed that acid rain limits certain microbal activity that produces some compounds that Maples (particularly Sugar Maples) seem to need to thrive. Those that are in yards are particularly sensitive because we take away all the dead leaves and such that provide the raw materials for them. He recomended yearly fertilizing of the trees for those farmers that make maple syrup. There are a lot of coal fired power plants around the northeast that contribute to the problem (even though they are lot cleaner than they used to be).

BTW, I'm Ray not Ron. Ron (aka Opie/Richie) is the rich Howard. I'm just one of the "poor" ones. LOL

My favorite train related poem:

It's not my job to run the train,
The whistle I cannot blow.
It's not my throw the switch,
nor even ring the bell.
But let the dammed thing jump the tracks,
Just see who catches Hell!

rtraincollector said:
Hi all anybody here belong to a model railraod club please email me a copy of your by laws if you would please. Thanks . We are starting a model railroad club here and need some to get an idea on how to write ours up. Any would really help.

Not much happening here tonight just got back from our first meeting and my task was to see if I could get a copy of any by-laws from any of you that I talk to.

RT- try this link. This work for us, and may not for you.
http://wreckingcrew.railfan.net/by-laws.htm
We are pretty loose with them, but they are there if anyone needs to be reminded of something.
Mikey

Hey Claudia how you doing, not seen you in here for a while.
Ken Ltake it easy with the ballasting, you have to be patient, have you tried alcohol instead of detergent ???
Ken M looking forward to seeing progress on the Midland, we are talikig about emigrating and the wife say's NZ or Oz will do, it'll do for me, Mmmm
Grandeman nice wheels Eric.

What a CRAPPY day off work today was, i had to give the drywall team a lift with a chest infection, i lost count at how many lungs i ruptured, and to make sure it was a BAD day the building control planner said i had to replace a concrete pad stone two girders are sat on, the last guy passed it saying what a neat job, anyway i ended up taking out a wall and replacing it with 6" wide concrete blocks all the way up, a very crappy job indead,,,anyhow rant over, i feel better now.
one more day at work and then it's a 4 day public holliday, and what's lined up for me, 10" fibreglass batting loft insulation and dumpster filling,
The sooner it's done the sooner i can re build the railroad, and what a lot of honey do's i have in my favour

grande man said:
Hey Josh. It's a sweet ride. Even though it's a dual sport bike, it's pure dirt origins are easy to spot. The seating/ergos/handling/suspension remind me much of the motocross machines I raced years ago. I'm still giving it an easy break in, but can't wait to wring it out a little. I rode part of the old Cane Creek Branch on the way home yesterday as well as a few of the old dirt roads out that way. Fun stuff! Also, even with the dirt riding, I got 55MPG on the first tank! :cool:
*ahhhh* drool... Now if I only got paid just a tad more, I'd have to go get a bike now! Have fun with her!

"adding a few extra drops of liquid dw detergent allieviated, but did not eliminate, the water 'beading' problem."

Ken are you using any alcohol. I mist some alcohol on before applying glue and that eliminated the beading. In fact I think I even tried deluting the glue with the alcohol and it dried quicker.

jbaakko said:
*ahhhh* drool... Now if I only got paid just a tad more, I'd have to go get a bike now! Have fun with her!

Well, Suzuki will let you have one for $99/mo. After so many months the interest goes way up. :rolleyes: I hope you can swing one asap. They are a blast.

I'm enjoying the riding. Here's a pic I took just for you. ;) BTW, the track the front wheel is on is the old L&N Cane Creek Branch. I'm at the location where it left the mainline not far from Boyle's Yard. Don't worry though, the switch is gone and the rails are cut about 100 yards in the other direction from where this pic was taken. Sadly, it's the only rails left on the line... :(
139023191.gif

Evening, gang - a few quick words and I'm outta here.

Steve and Larry - thanx for the tip on the alcohol, I've used that to thin acrylic paints for airbrushing, wonder why it never occurred to me to use it for ballasting...I must be getting half-heimer's!:rolleyes: I'll try that first thing after supper tonite...

grande man said:
I'm enjoying the riding. Here's a pic I took just for you. ;) http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL615/3680850/9749843/139023191.jpg
Eric - If you were to setup a pair of ramps somewhere and do an Evil Kinevel-type jump over a CSX freight, we'd really be impressed!:D:p

. . .
Talk at ya later.

CSX_road_slug said:
Eric - If you were to setup a pair of ramps somewhere and do an Evil Kinevel-type jump over a CSX freight, we'd really be impressed!:D:p

Well, be glad I'm not 20 anymore. I'd probably be considering it. :)

Hi gang! Looks like all of us have been busy with the honey-do's. I spent a full day with the yard and even staining the privacy fence. It is a beautiful day just to be outside.

I will get back to the layout tomorrow with CJ coming over. I hope for us to lay down about 10 miles of track:rolleyes:

KenL: Yeah man, I made the switch from soap to alcohol a few months ago and have been very happy with the results. Another thing, you get a deeper penetration by the white glue than when you use soap.

Steve: I checked out that site. That is very interesting.

Eric: Can we call you the "Wild One"? :eek: :D

RexHea said:
KenL: Yeah man, I made the switch from soap to alcohol a few months ago and have been very happy with the results. Another thing, you get a deeper penetration by the white glue than when you use soap.

And it tastes much better too!!:D

Steve Let me know if I can help with emigration details. This really is a beautiful country, and so far terrorist trouble free
http://www.nz.com/new-zealand/slide-show/

Rex Sounds like we're having the same weather in reverse, lovely days here to be working outside.

Eric Cool bike man, where's the biker chicks? Mines a four wheeler Honda 300 man it's fun.

Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back