Stuff I've been working on & bought.

Wow, Larry... :eek: what a big layout!

I really like the small lake with the boat and the dock... the ripples in the water look so real... and the waterfalls under the bridge. :)

Nice videos, too. Counted 24 freight cars... and 36 coal cars! :)

Greg

Wow, Larry... :eek: what a big layout!

I really like the small lake with the boat and the dock... the ripples in the water look so real... and the waterfalls under the bridge. :)

Nice videos, too. Counted 24 freight cars... and 36 coal cars! :)

Greg

Greg,
I video'd my whole layout today in 3 segments. I walked around & did 3 5 min. video's. Some of them are a little shaky because I tripped over some stuff I had on the floor(rubber mats) & in 1 video I bumped into a metal trash can. Other than that & being a little blurred from walking toooo fast in some area's they turned out pretty good for a digital camera. Tonite I will be loading about 10 more video's. takes forever on some. The 1st 5 min. video took about 90 minutes to load on UTUBE.
In 2 days I've downloaded 15 video's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see it... :confused:

It's ok... I just used your YouTube name and watched the 3 walkaround videos. There must be a thousand vehicles! Your Walmart distribution center is going to be bigger than my whole layout.

Do you have any closeups of the modified switcher that was in one of your videos? It looks really cool.

Greg

I don't see it... :confused:

It's ok... I just used your YouTube name and watched the 3 walkaround videos. There must be a thousand vehicles! Your Walmart distribution center is going to be bigger than my whole layout.

Do you have any closeups of the modified switcher that was in one of your videos? It looks really cool.

Greg

Look on Page #22 in my Photobucket Acct. & there's 4 pictures of that engine.

Stuff that I bought at a Yard sale for $4.00. The Tropicana cars had to have frames made & trucks & couplers installed. 1 pass. car had to have trucks put on & both had to have couplers. The JD flat was complete except for the tractors & I added those. I got a bunch of other stuff too, but will probably only use it to make projects. I also got a Kato switcher w/out trucks. The shell was off of it(still have the shell) & will probably sell that later.
here's what I got that I'm using.

Crash

Was making a Video & this container train hit a set of lights that I forgot to move on a curve by the engine facilities. the engines made it thru OK, but derailed about 7 container cars & a van got tangled up in the mess.:eek:

Custom Engines

Had some Emails wanting to know what custom engines I had finished. here they are;
CW44-9 w/AC4400 cab
SD40 w/SD90 cab
SD9 w/C44-9W cab
GP35 w/C44-9w cab
C425 w/SD40-2 cab
RSD 4/5 B unit w/cab removed
The DUE red engine was a Tyco single motor switcher. I changed the motor & added LED lites front & back.
All the above engines have LED's front & back & 1 has ditch lites in the front hood.
Been building some more custom flats today. Should have pics tomorrow w/big loads. The Schnabel car I'm having trouble w/the wheel pattern for lots of trucks. Until I figure that out I'm building other stuff.:D

Hey larry i found a new project for you :D

Picture #3 of the container train wreck, the 2 20ft containers tipped over on the bottom look like cages. How about converting some to actual cages, put some animals inside and youd have a well car for a circus tran, or modern day stock cars! :D

QUOTE=Littlefoot14;187592]Hey larry i found a new project for you :D

Picture #3 of the container train wreck, the 2 20ft containers tipped over on the bottom look like cages. How about converting some to actual cages, put some animals inside and youd have a well car for a circus tran, or modern day stock cars! :D[/QUOTE]

Great Idea, I'll have to do that. I'll have to make a shorty flat to fit 2 of those 20ft containers for animals. I have a few camels & i'll buy some elephants & large cats. Start next week. Thanks for the idea.:eek::D:cool:

I was cleaning my train workshop & found this engine I bought about 3 months ago & forgot I had it. Bought it from a forum member w/2 other engines. Took me about a day & a half to put all the parts on. It's an Athearn Genesis SD75M. Really nice engine, but, I'll never buy one again that I have to assemble. Never did get the wipers or the ditchlites put on. Just toooo small for me.

Been working about 2 weeks on this HD drop-center flat off & on. Engineering the wheel placements took a long time. Then fixing the tilt on the load. It kept tilting way over & not coming back straight. So, had to fix that. Now, it pulls real good. 22" long & the same width as a box car. I had to take some sides off of 2 mountains on curves, move some old fencing around the junkyard & move lots of junk along the edge of the track. It misses the back of my WM dist. center building on the curve about 1/16". This makes 3 of these large flats that I've built. Guess I'll have to hook all of'm together & do a video for YouTube.:D:D:D

I have to say, that is so ugly it's beautiful. Great custom engine

Yeah, Love these UGLY engines. I'm starting to run out of engine shells, cabs, running gear & small non railroad parts. That headlite assy. is an outside pc. for a irrigation valve that I cut off w/the bandsaw. Once I clean up the silver paint on the front of the cab it will be a little bit prettier.:)

Back