Stuff I've been working on & bought.

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
Been busy in my train workshop for about 6 weeks. Making some more funky engines & building stuff out of all kinds of frames, shells & running gear.

The 1st pic is 1 of 4 passenger cars that I got from a member here on the forum. I stripped the paint, repainted & decaled, added metal wheels, Kadee's & dark tint on the windows.

The next pic is an engine that i drummed up from a Kato C425 w/SD40 cab.

Next 2 pics are a Kibri rail crane mounted on an Athearn flat w/metal pass. car trucks. The frame was beefed up w/rect. tubing.

Last edited by a moderator:
These next engines are just items that I have bought from members & Ebay.

I bought 3 Amtrak cars from EBay for $15.00. Added weights & Kadee's.

Here's another engine I just finished. I have to replace the glass that I made because of glue that ran down on the parts.
This is a Kato SD40 w/a RPP SD90 cab. Still have to add horns, antenna & other stuff. I also put in LED's(reversing) & added body mounted ditch lites.

Started about 3 days ago on a new engine facility & a 9" Atlas TT using almost all of the outlets. here's a few photo's.:D

Well, today I added all of the interior girders to hold up the roof. Then cut out the plastic for the roof, added the stops for the roof alignment. If you notice on the end facing the front of the train table I put in a painted section of clear Plexiglass so you can see inside the shed. I also have a photo of the roof upside down to show the stops.
Tomorrow I'm adding interior lights & soldering on all of the drops for each track.
This weekend I'm going to be hitting the craft stores for something to make roof ventalators.

Then shots of the roof added & the roof upside down.

Found some roof vents at Office Depot today.

Added some concrete poles for the other building which I hope to finish tomorrow.:D

That's looking pretty good, the last shot with the engine house really works. :) So are the ventilators made of thumbtacks?

That's looking pretty good, the last shot with the engine house really works. :) So are the ventilators made of thumbtacks?

Medium sized Plastic Push Pins. I got some really neat stuff at Office Depot today for ventalators & other types of vents. In the coming weeks you will see some of the items I bought. I usually go in Staples to buy a lot of office stuff, but they were closed today for the Easter holiday. So, I went about a block down US41 to the other place & found all of my roof stuff in Port Charlotte, Fl.

The Atlas 9" turntable only holds my 4 axle & short wheelbase 6 axle diesels.
So, I will store all of those engines at the new facility & store the long diesels at the other engine house w/the long turntable. I'm going to add some more storage tracks there. here's a few pics of some of the long one's.

It's looking good Larry. Is this what we should call mixed media office supply art?

Back