Steam car

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

Alcomotive

Grandson of ALCO Bldr
Anyone have one of these? I bought this and another unit years ago thought they would be great on the layout whenever I get it built this winter. The details is pretty darn good!

NYC_George

I think it will make a nice addition for anyone modeling a RR that used the cars. Unfortunately the New York Central didn't use them. The central used E7 & 8's for long distance trips with each engine having 2 steam generators and water expansion tanks which will get you 10 hours of steam. Sixteen hour trip from Grand Central to Chicago, 2 E8's on the head end equals 20 hour of steam. The F7 family of engines had 1 steam generator. Any RR using them for long distance trips will need the cars.

George

Iron Horseman

Anyone have one of these? I bought this and another unit years ago thought they would be great on the layout whenever I get it built this winter. The details is pretty darn good!
I have a Northern Pacific unit I purchased a long time ago. It has never left its box. I am not certain NP ever actually had any like this. I think they used steam locomotive tenders for their steam generators.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.