spraybooth

radar

dave
:D I would like to see pix's of home made spray booths I've got a fan with a sealed motor on the outside of 4" round duct.:D

Nate is there a light or a way to mount one. although 179.00$ is, 2 u-25b's & decoders!

It didn't come with one, but it would be easy enough to drill a couple holes and add an 'under cabinet' style light.

$179 isn't cheap, but considering the squirrel cage blower probably cost around $70, he has a lot of time into building it for what he is charging. I'd rather buy from him than buy a foreign-made booth from one of the air-brush companies.

Is there a filter in the exhaust duct going outside to catch the overspray? If not, over time all the overspray will accumulate on the side of your house and the dirt below it.

I use a cheap paint booth. A cardboard box, then when finished I can throw it away.

That is a great site Rexhea! Thanks
I am a "self proclaimed" novice airbrusher too and I never saw that site before. Thanks again!!

Is there a filter in the exhaust duct going outside to catch the overspray? If not, over time all the overspray will accumulate on the side of your house and the dirt below it.

There is a filter in the back of the booth that catches the overspray before it goes through the fan.

As long as there is a filter in there should be ok. I may make one of those myself. I have an old kitchen exhaust fan that still works good laying on a shelf.

Actually making one out of steel isn't that much involved and you can clean it better than that wooden one on the other web site. If you aren't use to metal fabricating (or don't have the right tools), you can still make a wooden one, then line it with steel or aluminum for easy cleaning.

To do that just cut your wood to what ever size you want, then cut a piece of steel to cover each board (attach with flathead screws or small nails) prior to putting it all together. Then it's all lined and will be easy to clean with a solvent after you use it. You can still use the cheap plastic kitchen turntable. That should stand up to a few cleanings with solvent before it goes bad. They're cheap though so it's cheap enough to replace it ever so often. For a cheap and easy to work with steel or aluminum liner you can use light weight gutter flashing. Comes in rolls up to about 2 feet wide at the hardware stores or big box lumber yards.

You are very welcome. Just glad I could help some.
I have had this link for quite some time, but I still haven't started building mine. Seems that I always find something else to do.:eek: :eek: :D

OK here is my home-made spray booth cost about $87.00
real quick made from 1/2 ACX using a 6" in-line duct fan rated at 260 CFM hard wired the light and the fan to a switch, opening on the top to remove filters.
DSCN7007.png

DSCN7008.png

DSCN7009.png

DSCN7010.png

DSCN7014.png

Nice craftsmanship, nmaniac, but that fan arrangement gives me the willies. :eek: It's an open frame motor directly in the air flow of the fumes. I'm not an electrician or firefighter but that's exactly the same arrangement the friend I was telling you about had. He used it with no problems for about four years and then one day - POOF - no garage, and his homeowner's insurance wouldn't pay for the damage because he wasn't using a UL approved paintbooth. I'd at least get a squirrel cage fan to mount in the duct and move the motor outside the duct. The other option is get a motor that's rated as intrinsically safe but they tend to be expensive.

Oh yeah Jim your 1000% right only thing I can't find a squirrel cage fan motor that will pull that much air,I am still looking and besides I would have no clue to hook something like that up:eek:

The key word is "brushless motors" and that one appears to be a universal motor. No brushes-no sparky. Still better to have a sealed motor or squirrel cage. ;)
Grainger catalog on-line has many squirrel cage with several mating up to dryer type duct work.

Back