So what are you listening to right NOW?

Did session work., and toured. It was fun but draining. If finally quit for good when I turned 65. My son plays and my sil does also One granddaughter plays lots of instruments, 2 grand sons play guitar I might add very well I am blessed. I am reminded of one time they asked Keith Richards what he listened to. When he said some sort of jazz they expressed surprised. I understood Rock and Roll represents work and he get tired of listening to that. Me I can close my eyes and play music in my head it never stops.
Mike CGW
The son also did touring but mostly was financed by session work with the guitar and pianos of any kind. Then blew out some tendons.

Listening at the weathering bench
86A62540-FCA2-46F3-A795-0B952E077CA3.jpeg

D81F4DBE-EAFC-4D36-B409-C6F7B02ABF5B.jpeg
Third EYE Blind and then whatever is in the lineup next, I just let them run.

Been listening to John Mayall on the iPod docking station all afternoon. John is 89 years old and has been performing over 70 years, and still performs occasionally today.

I have been a music lover all my life and in what seems like a former life I was a musician. Tonight I'm mosty listening to bits of the Taylor Swift concert in Foxboro, Ma. My sister took my three nieces and one of their friends to the show and keeps sending me vids of the kids going crazy :)

Good for them. I think it's great!

We used to crank up Head East in our football locker room before practice
I was the only white guy on an otherwise all-black football team in high school. Lake Clifton High School, Baltimore City. They were great guys and they treated me like family. But I never did like their music.

The year before I attended Kenwood high school in Baltimore County.
Even though our wrestling matches were on Friday nights they played this song as we came out of the locker room.

It's a video, as so often with me. The first bit is Hong Kong, then the road trip, from the top of a Citroen. Up and over the Pyrenees, I'm pretty sure.

One caveat as far as the sensation of speed goes: In (or on) car videos, particularly in sim-racing "games" are often shot with a narrow FOV...field-of-view. So they seem amazingly fast, but really are too fast. Gotta see any in-car at a FOV of 1.0 to get the real feel

You can see the same effect with the camera on your typical cell-phone. If you drop down from the default 1.0 FOV to, say, 0.5 everything gets long and skinny. And if you shoot pics, and particularly videos that way, it can even seem like you are walking too fast.

Last edited:

Classical Gas. I actually have a copy of this original vinyl LP too. I just buy too much stuff I guess.

Jose Feliciano:

And one more. Steve Howe from "Roundabout," Yes:

Last edited:

Back