The Ronettes
Track 17 on
All the Hits
Produced by
Phil Spector
Release Date
July 1964
View All Credits
I was looking over the playlist from "American Graffiti." These ladies aren't in there. Nor are they on the playlist for "More American Graffiti," the followup LP. While I'm too young maybe to remember the song you refer to, I certainly DO remember the Ronettes "Be My Baby." Kinda hard to see how these gals were overlooked. :/

Last edited:
I should probably...or properly--wait for a Friday or Saturday night for this...but tonight is tonight and I'm hearing it. Herb Alpert, "Lollipops and Roses." This also gives me a chance to nominate what was then and still is now the best LP album cover of all time:

Whipped Cream and Other Delights. :D

The lady, Dolores was pregnant at the time, and this was shot in some lucky guy's garage. On the first take, as I recall.

You may remember I asked, rhetorically, and some time back: "what have you done--or built--in YOUR garage lately?"

A: I haven't either. :D

======

And...not to put any pressure on you guys and even gals...I had better see a lot of likes, loves, or at least up-votes for this.

Like I said: Best LP or even CD cover of all time.

And then "Tangerine,":

Last edited:
I can't do that at all. Tinnitus is my silence.
While I can’t comprehend what you guys and my wife go through with hearing loss sometimes I find, Silence is wonderful. Problem then is I start thinking. So the music is on an it’s Tina Turner and her Acid Queen album playing through the IPod and a small squeaky pair of computer speakers.

I can't do that at all. Tinnitus is my silence.
Same problem here. It roars sometimes. Too much time in yard engines... that's where I noticed the difference. The exhausting air destroyed the part of my hearing that playing in bands hadn't already done in my youth.

I'm drilling lots of little holes in little plastic parts right now, so for reasons I can't explain I like trance or house music for those moments. Right now it's Marcus Schössow Outside the Box. At a reasonable volume. :)

Back