Running Bear's September 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garry!
HappyBirthdayTrain.jpg

I approve, as long as that "Brown Sauce" stuff is not involved...
Heracy! but I only use brown sauce if the bacon is below par,and then only two brands are ok.
687C2773-3D08-4319-B092-F96E9EAD5BEC.jpeg

it’s back, it was one I ate, and no not a spot of brown sauce….delicious. Shame the milkshake had no real fruit, I make my own with real icecream I mean real icecream with cream buttermilk etc and real fruit and not white sugar honey or molasses or demurrers all depends on the flavour dark unrefined sugar ok with real chocolate bar although hot chocolate is easier than milk shake, the only issue with the burger was it ran out too soon :D……but I had a starter which I never thought to photograph of American pancakes also tasted not as pretty.

Last edited:
Good morning ....

I'll be sharing my birthday cake (lots of candles LOL ) .... Today is my birthday.

Over 30 years ago, Shelley gave me this brass model of "Skookum" which is a 2-4-4-2. It is a special locomotive to me, and I still have it.

43764660644_48cdd5d75a_k.jpg

43816885754_b25e2acb2c_k.jpg

Alan .... Nice video of the SD40.

Jaz .... That sandwich is huge!

Cheers !
Love the wooden buildings, did you use wood dye for such a nice colour.

Good morning....Up late this morning but felt good to sleep in. Coffee Flo please.
Last night was a nice night for a fire, cool temps no wind cold beer. The farmer had worked the field so the wheat stubble and weeds are gone. Had the new neighbor from across the street come over to relax and welcome him to the neighborhood.
IMG_4406.jpg

Raining and 72 degrees in the Ozark Foothills. Haven’t been here for awhile so I thought I would drop a post. Been getting a little more time at the layout since it has cooled down. Here’s a few pics. I got this old Lionel NW2 Switcher from 1962 this week and some other stuff I’ve got to add to the layout. Enjoy the pics.
9D4EDCDD-C210-4F0A-A426-9EF3186D92BE.jpeg
C8DDE874-7A33-4899-8287-D78433407246.jpeg
8C9EFEA6-4CB4-4C7B-A6EC-00879871D3ED.jpeg
0506DED4-A3DA-46D3-AFFE-6D2D16C70A6C.jpeg
203E0AD5-A969-4766-B68D-F1BBA10861C7.jpeg
1430A5B0-7E07-43AC-A5D7-D95A8B8764C8.jpeg
0652E03B-DDBC-4B66-8B94-ED423188B44F.jpeg
9F867493-2D8B-4DF1-B74C-F292D7AAB4EA.jpeg
E33FF739-DD9C-48EC-92D3-65B08CA59291.jpeg
946A4DF5-C292-420E-A9B8-4BB92398F4AD.jpeg

Good morning from Wisconsin. 66f degrees now, cloudy and heading to 72. Yesterday’s rain basically was all day till about 8 last night. I see no sun in today’s forecast.

CDC asks anyone not vaccinated to not travel this weekend. If they aren’t vaccinated by now does anyone really expect them to listen to anything the CDC says now?

A last minute grocery store run is scheduled for 11. I baked 80 buns this morning and they should be picked up at 9 by the daughter’s neighbor. I have a couple loaves of bread in the ovens for us today. Our company is expected between noon and 2.

enjoy your day
TomO
C1F9F588-9325-4E41-9FE6-F6FEF2221484.jpeg

Heading out to get my hair cut in a few minutes.
As for CDC, after all the recent recommendations that came from there, probably half the country doesn't believe anything they say. Something like contagious diseases SHOULD be what they focus on, because doing anything else erodes the trust the public needs to have in them.

Good Morning Everybody. Clear but hazy, and 74° here in North Central Texas. Mother Nature continues to defy the NWS as it only made it to 94° yesterday instead of 98°. That's what the forecast is for again today. Sometime tonight the wind is supposed to shift from the north and the high tomorrow is only projected to be 91°. I took advantage of the cooler weather yesterday (yeah) by mowing the south yard after going out and filling the gas can.
Later in the day, the man who grew the sorghum on the field across the road, came by and cut & shredded all of the stubble down to ground level and the wind sent a lot of debris over to land in the pool and on the car. By the way, his equipment is fabulous. He owns all new John Deere tractors, sprayers, planters, combines and mowers. He paid a lot of money for all of it, as well as the almost mandatory JD maintenance agreement. All of it is GPS guided through the fields and when he fertilizes, the wheels on the sprayer stay exactly in between the absolutely straightest rows without crushing any plants. The GPS software remembers the planter's exact position through the fields to accomplish this. He owns two combines at $500,000 each along with all of the other equipment. He owns or leases large areas in the two county area. It is interesting to see the satelite dishes on top of the equipment. It is mostly self-driven.

Thanks for the likes and comments yesterday regarding the random layout scenes; Alan, Hughie, Christian, Garry, Tom O, Chad, Karl, Justin, Curt, Chet, Gary, Guy, Tom.

Out in the train shed yesterday, I once again spent the time doing odds and ends. I started a small project that I had left over from a bigger project earlier this year in Rycon Township. That was the one where I scenicked a 1' x 4' area along the edge of the layout. At the time I left a scale 32' x 40' vacant lot to revisit when I got what I needed to complete it. The lot is intentional so it is easier to operate two ground throws directly behind it.
IMG_7514.JPG

When I recently visited the LHS, I got a fencing kit from Woodland Scenics.
IMG_7160.JPG

IMG_7511.JPG

Each fence section measures a scale 24' wide and I set about cutting and gluing pieces into what would work for this spot.
IMG_7520.JPG

On the lot itself, I added ground foam and some sticks, note that the glue/water is not dry yet.
IMG_7522.JPG

I intend to add a couple of saplings after the fence is installed.
I have not forgotten the gas station, it's just getting a rest for a couple of days while I gather images to print along with the ones that I have saved for it.

Garry - Belated Happy Birthday wishes.
Curt - Looking forward to the freight house build, although I know it won't be too soon.

Today is World Beard Day, an occasion that I celebrate every day. I've had mine since 1974 or so. Wife wants it gone, says I didn't have it when we got married. So far she's lost that argument.
Everybody have a great day. Stay safe.

Last edited:
Morning - All you working stiffs have a nice extra day off! Hey there folks from the land of fruits and nuts where it is supposed to reach 95 today under clear skies.
Biscuits and gravy, Francine! A large handful of bacon and a coke to wash it all down, please.

I'm so far behind that I have not had much to say here - but I will wish Garry a Happy Birthday!
I tried to send him a greeting on FB last evening, but I was having problems getting knocked off ... Tried three times and gave up?

The Spousal Unit and daughter have been cancelled on their trip to Paris- they were going to leave about now, then changed to October, and now maybe in the Springtime. Covid is still messing things up!

My daughter from D.C. is planning on coming out here with her two sons ages 8 and 10. Wife and I had planned to take them up the hill to Big Bear Lake. A very nice area with water sports and campground facilities - now that has been cancelled as well due to either Covid, or fire danger?? We have no idea what to do with them while they are here. They have about done everything all around and I really don't like doing things over with the Covid and Cost!

Long story short: I'm just down and out with all the fires, drought, floods, hurricanes, and plagues going on everywhere!

BBL ....

Good late morning!

Tried to get photos of a rogue deer today, but, I suppose it knew I had my camera so it didn't show up.

I am thrilled at the number of great photos laid down on the shop table today. Lee, Tom, Tom in Wis, Willie; thank you!! And, Jaz Avalley, thanks for bringing back that hamburger.

Myself, I only have one almost worthless new photo; not modeling or train related, and not interesting; but, at least it's a photo.
Somewhere out there, is a crazy Mule Deer than likes to follow people and dogs. Kinda creepy, actually.
WtCrtForest.jpg

That's all I got today! Have a good one!

Howdy ......

Lee .... I like your pictures of your Lionel models. The work on the Santa Fe trailer is excellent.

Tom in Wisconsin ..... I like your pulpwood industry.

Willie ..... The WS chain link fence looks like a good product.

Jazz .... Your asked about the wood structures in my picture. These were on my 1900-era layout about 30 years ago, and I made a 1900-era scene in the corner of my current layout to display them. (Most of my current layout is about 1962 era) . The coal tower and the sand facility were scratch built. The rectangular water tower was a Cambell kit with all wood parts. I did stain the wood pieces before assembly.

Everybody ....... Thanks again for all of the kind birthday wishes and comments. ....

You might like the humor posted in the Model Railroader Forum which I participate in too. I showed off my 2-4-4-2 there also. One of the forum members is "JaBear" of New Zealand. He doctors up photos posted by various forum member while adding jokes to them. He usually ridicules himself in the process.

Here is what he posted for me.

bear b'day .jpg

Everybody ...... Have a good day !

Garry, thank you for the pulpwood comment. I tell folks the other 30 piles a 1/2 mile long are in the aisle. I actually had a guy ask why I only did the one line of pulp logs. He hasn’t been back and not because of Covid. Garry, sorry I missed your b-day, late congrats

Terry, while I don’t disagree with you, just the fact they don’t know is what they or any doctor should say

Willie, are those fence panels pre-assembled? They look good and I have issues adding the chain links to fence posts

Guy, again, I disagree. There is a tremendous amount of information for a model making trees and ground cover in your picture of the forest. I used this picture of the woods by me to try some “dead season” modeling.

What I built, a failed experiment in my opinion. Not enough trees, trees too thin and in some cases you can see the twisted wire so the rubber mold compound needed to be thicker
0E9CA63E-1A6E-4171-8F1C-472991AD3BD8.jpeg

The sample, real
82D96532-F901-4DDF-8BCC-8CB427ED5E8A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back