Running Bear's October 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Louis- My daughter loves UTZ shrimp flavored chips, but they're hard to find locally.
I've never seen those.
We do have Crab chips; they taste like Old Bay seasoned chips. The only connection i taste is the Old Bay. My oldest daughter loves them. Me, not so much.

Attachments

• 1666384967107.png
    1666384967107.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 37
I had a very good night last night.
My Masonic lodge had open lodge so my family could see the Grand Lodge of Alabama present me with a nice lapel pin and certificate for being a Master Mason for 50 years. The main qualifications are not dying and paying your dues every year.

The only unusual thing is that I have been a member in the same lodge for all 50 years.
I was the Worshipful Master (president), a Trustee (not like in jail) and Treasurer for 21 years. A few people stood up and said nice things about me. Only some had to lie about me.

Good morning, all. A pretty nice day on tap. It is warming up again, however the humidity is down. I have a few monthly chores to do day. chlorine in septic system, test run the generator and I think the well is water logged. Not a lot happening on the layout.

Go Astros

It sure seems like there is a wordy bunch in the diner this morning. So let me add.

Three model railroaders go to a train show. It was a large show and they stayed late. Rather than drive home they decided to go to a hotel. The desk clerk told them there was only one room left at $30. Each of the modelers came up with $10. A few hours later the clerk realized he had over charged the men and called the bellboy. "I over charged those model railroader, please bring this $5 up to them". The bellboy, on the way up, thought that the three modelers couldn't split the $5,, so he pocketed $2, giving each modeler $1. So now each modeler had paid $9 dollars for the room.
So, if 3 x $9 =$27, plus the $2 dollars in the bellboy's pocket = $29, where is the thirtieth dollar?
I love logic puzzles. There is no extra dollar.

Each guy paid $9, the kid took $2 and the room was $25. The extra dollar ceased to exist when they were refunded the initial $5.

You're adding the amounts each one paid, and what the kid took to get to $30, not the $29 actually paid.

OK not a problem at all whenever you have time
My son just texted me bringing me a brand new gas water heater 40 gal with a warranty for $80 so I have a backup one
I asked him about your humidifier and he said if nothing obvious all fittings tight IS the pad in upside down He's had people complain about small leaks and allways the pad in upside down
Pad is right per directions on box. Paint dot on top. Model is # 550.

I had a very good night last night.
My Masonic lodge had open lodge so my family could see the Grand Lodge of Alabama present me with a nice lapel pin and certificate for being a Master Mason for 50 years. The main qualifications are not dying and paying your dues every year.

The only unusual thing is that I have been a member in the same lodge for all 50 years.
I was the Worshipful Master (president), a Trustee (not like in jail) and Treasurer for 21 years. A few people stood up and said nice things about me. Only some had to lie about me.
Congratulations. 50 Years. Thats great.

Good afternoon. The son texted he was in Houston last night and decided to attend the baseball game. Cheapest ticket on Stub hub was $210 as far away as you can get there. Decided to see if anyone was selling at the park.

$100 for 2 tickets 30 rows up from the 3rd baseline dugout. He asked if anyone had tickets after the 1st inning was complete. Said they enjoyed it

Finished up and have Approval on a weathered Centerbeam.
View attachment 154069View attachment 154070View attachment 154071View attachment 154072View attachment 154073
more pictures on this car in the Weathering forum under my Continous Weathering thread…

and 4 more Centerbeams to follow along as each get done
I have two jeeps with labels like that: "Warning! Car may fall over!"

My dad owned three others before that. Same warning sticker on all of 'em.

It's not a Jeep bug...it's a feature. :D

Overtime???? What's that? :D :D
It's another American concept that doesn't work very well either.

It does have a railroady version too, though. I think it's called "The Dog Law" (Ken/D&J can wade here with any corrections. He's in a better position to know than I am).

Standard day=8 hours, +4 more (paid at a minimum of time+1/2 more)=12 hours. Max. 12, and not a second more. Regardless of where or when they hit the 12 hr. bell they are OFF the job. If they are crewing a train, they should (I think) have brought it to a safe stop in anticipation of running over the limit. There must be operating rules on that.

I have the idea the Dog Law can be overruled by a handful of others at best. The Blue Flag Law would be one of those, but since the BFL controls the movement of all stopped trains, cars or locomotives, the two laws would reach the same conclusion together anyway: "Bring the whole thing to a complete stop. We aren't working any more today."

Too bad too if the whole railroad comes to a grinding halt because of it. Somebody higher up didn't "do his [due] diligence" very well...did he....

I'm thinkin you're mocking us.
:D Maybe...maybe not. Cactus are green. The desert is brown, as we can see in the corners...but the other green stuff in the middle? Mmmm...

Being a golfer, I just figure it's a desert golf course (say...Tuscon). The inner track is laid around the edge of the green itself...and the outer one is laid in the fringe, aka "the first cut of the rough."

Of course someone might also claim it really is all desert...but they painted the middle part green for St. Patrick's day. In which case I'll grab a Guinness and go sit in the corner...muttering to myself.

Well my awesomely weathered 2 bay hoppers came in on Wednesday from TomO!!!!! I got them out for inspection today finally. Needless to say I am over the moon pleased! They are fantastic. I had 9 of them done and I also bought 2 WC cars from him early this past summer.

Here they are!

View attachment 154090View attachment 154091View attachment 154092View attachment 154093View attachment 154094View attachment 154095View attachment 154096
Those cars look pretty bad. They look like they need repainting and new decals. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back