Running Bear's October 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops ! I forgot to post the track plan of my new layout. It took me a few hours to draw it. I'll add turnouts and sidings later.

HORNBY 100.jpg

Good Morning all! Hang on to your hats. The wind, blowing out of the West, is gusting to 35. They are saying we could see 50 mph this afternoon.

Thank you for the likes on my photos

Willie - Looks like you master cloud painting
IL Ken - Not sure if they cover IL but there is a web base job search called Indeed. Here in TX they have an abundance of jobs posted for all kinds of positions.
Christian - Looks good. Add a siding or 2 and you'll spend hours in bed.
Guy - Don't miss to many days. I for one would miss your pics.
Patrick - I've been using W-11 for about 2 months, Windows Insider, and the jury is still out. I'm not crazy about the "start page" not be able to categorize. I like to put apps together, office apps, news and weather, games, etc. The best you can do with W-11 is put them one behind the other.
Garry - good news, making it home

Good Morning all! Hang on to your hats. The wind, blowing out of the West, is gusting to 35. They are saying we could see 50 mph this afternoon.

IL Ken - Not sure if they cover IL but there is a web base job search called Indeed. Here in TX they have an abundance of jobs posted for all kinds of positions.
Patrick - I've been using W-11 for about 2 months, Windows Insider, and the jury is still out. I'm not crazy about the "start page" not be able to categorize. I like to put apps together, office apps, news and weather, games, etc. The best you can do with W-11 is put them one behind the other.

I may be in a different position as I run multiple monitors running specialized networking apps, and the internet. Not knowing which version you're on, I also know there is some differences between the home and professional versions like the previous versions (I'm on the professional version). I know the laptop the wife has drives me nuts on Win10 home version. I find things missing I use.

I agree with you on the start page, it isn't quite as straightforward as Win 10.

Thank Hughie. Indeed is actually where I found the job I interviewed for. There's a lot there to choose from.

Taking a short break from the windstorm before heading out to the train shed. Wind speed has been averaging around 36 mph all day with gusts to 47 mph. Lots of tumbleweeds racing across my hayfield. No abatement in sight until around sunset tomorrow evening. No grilling tonight!

Evening All,

Spent the day at the school and then took Dad and got haircuts. Tomorrow the plumber is coming out to the house to finish installing the shower hand wand parts (previously missing) and I have several outside and inside chores. The book fair starts back up on Monday.

There are some really bad jokes on here today.

Hughie- Nice layout shot.

Willie- Nice job on Ramones.

Guy- I think the photo's are just fine.

Terry- My wife has tried that but unfortunately it didn't help.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good evening Shop Dwellers!

Only have time for a drive-by post tonite, I spent some time trying to get decent shots of one of my favorite layout scenes - the town of Brook Park. It's the first thing a visitor sees when they step into my trainroom from outdoors. Took a lot of trial-n-error, but I finally got something I thought was worth keeping. Many of you have already seen this view before, minus the train.

4598atBrookParkOH_b.jpg

Good Night - and have a Pleasant Tomorrow!

Only have time for a drive-by post tonite, I spent some time trying to get decent shots of one of my favorite layout scenes - the town of Brook Park. It's the first thing a visitor sees when they step into my trainroom from outdoors. Took a lot of trial-n-error, but I finally got something I thought was worth keeping. Many of you have already seen this view before, minus the train.

View attachment 134496

Beautiful shot IB Ken!

Good morning fellow trainthusiasts! Cloudy and 56 here, heading for rainy and 60 today. Sitting here drinking my coffee and watching the dog sleep.
Feeling better today. My nasty cold is a bit less nasty. Good thing, since it's back to work after one day off. Not much to report here. Hope you all have a great day!
Ken

View attachment 134496

Looks great Ken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back