Running Bear's October 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all! 33 degrees heading up to 61 later. I can tell the season is changing as I've got my first bad cold of the year. Stuffy head, cough, etc. Boat loads of fun.

Haven't heard anything yet about the job interview from last week. Honestly, I'm not expecting anything to come of it. Probably the worst interview performance on my part ever. I prepared for certain things and they had questions I hadn't expected. The questions big companies ask these days in interviews are just silly and have virtually nothing to do with the job you're applying for. They're just generic questions they can use in any interview instead of questions related to the specific job.

Heading in to work this morning. With this cold, not looking forward to working with a mask on all day. I'm going to give it a shot and leave if I can't do it.

Hope you all have a great day!
OB Ken

Good morning Shop Dwellers!

Didn't have time to post last night because I was struggling to get the EngineDriver software on my smartphone to connect to my WiThrottle server. The Connect to Server screen would come up but when I tried to select the default server address (which I confirmed was valid), it did nothing. My friend who was talking me thru it had me try a bunch of different things until finally he had me completely turn off my smartphone and turn it back on - apparently there was too much bloatware loaded into the phone's memory that had to be cleared out, because it finally connected after that.

Garry - hope you'll be out of that hospital soon, preferably today!

DakotaSteve - Karl is right, any time a club gets that large, it's inevitable that politics and personality clashes will occur - unless the leadership is highly astute and able to manage those conflicts.

Have to run now, since I need to get ready to drive in to work today [my one day out of 5 that I have to be physically on-site]. Cheers!

Wow! It's been over 12 hours since the last visitor! Where the heck are Christian and Jaz???
I'm here ! Heading to March or somewhere else. I've not decided yet.

SPACE ROCKET 03.jpg

Morning all,

Rainy and 61 cool degrees this morning. Supposed to get cooler as the day goes on. At least we didn't get the predicted severe storms locally overnight. saved those for western Kansas.

Have a day off on Friday. Going to get the 2 distant granddaughters to spend time with their cousins. It's really only about 65 miles house to house, but still it is a distance. Then having a window replaced in the afternoon. Large window sin the living room has been dusty inside since we bought the house, but finally has moisture in between the insulated glass panes. It was about $25 more to have the glass replaced than the entire window, but by the time I don't have to dismantle the front trim, the inside trim, remove the old vinyl windows and the re-caulk everything and paint (and some sheetrock work inside), I actually think I'm ahead. Beside I was looking at 4 month lead time on the entire replacement vs 3 weeks on locally done glass.

Coffee is on so I need to get a cup. And Flo, can I get a stack of pancakes with bacon? Thanks

Well howdy, there shop dwellers

It's troy again...

Not much going on here. I did dine at my first officially owned and operated by a Brit, British Restaurant. Fish n Chips of course.

248911750_4499042683496204_8708736609116717593_n.jpg

Spousal Unit had tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwich

248940331_4499042716829534_7922516290590161793_n.jpg

That was on the way back from Indianapolis to The Fort. If you're driving I-69 North from Indy, I suggest Payne's in Gas City IN. right off the interstate. They are in the heart of Garfield Land. Creator Jim Davis lives/lived?? in the area. So there is a "Garfield Trail" for tourists to follow.

We met up with the local Hoosier celebrity pretending to be British.

248890163_4499226290144510_5205684291567498920_n.jpg

Good Morning All. Light rain and 60°, looks like it will continue for a couple more hours. The forecast actually called for violent storms with hail and tornadoes to pass through, but other than some thunder and lightning around 0200, nothing more than light rain since then, about a half inch in the rain gauge right now. Hard to actually see with a flashlight in the dark!

Thank you to everyone who either commented or liked yesterday's progress post on Ramone's; Christian, Karl, Guy, Steve J, Jaz, Gary, Sherrel, Hughie, Patrick, Tom O, James, Curt, Rick, Jerry, IB Ken, OB Ken.

Blueberry waffles and a double handful of bacon this morning Flo. Let me switch to apple juice today.

I continued to make progress on Ramone's out in the train shed yesterday. I added weathering powders to the remaining two walls and started adding crates and barrels to the loading docks.
IMG_8007.JPG
IMG_8002.JPG

IMG_8003.JPG
IMG_8004.JPG

IMG_8005.JPG

IMG_8006.JPG

IMG_8016.JPG

This is about half of the Hydrocal detail castings, the rest will be placed on the ground after I get the building planted on the layout. I still have additional stuff to add, compressed gas cylinders, pallets, a forklift from Walther's, and of course figures. I did build a stairway to add to the front of the structure, but it is unfinished right now.
IMG_8000.JPG

The long tab is for attaching it to the underside of the loading dock since there isn't much gluing surface on the stairs themselves.

Steve J - You're right about the wait to get the new card. I had only one compromised debit card which cost nothing to me, but took a week to get here. My last AMEX card was lost in the mail somewhere, but they FedEx'ed the new one overnight! Since I always pay off that card every month, I never accrue interest charges but still get cash back every year. I couldn't use travel points anyway.
Mikey -
Willie- you need a couple sunbathers laying on towels, of the female gender.
Just don't weather those bodies.
You mean like this?
IMG_8009_LI.jpg

Today is National American Beer Day, so I guess that I will have a couple of Sam Adams' Octoberfest brews instead of my usual Heineken.
Everybody have a great day. Stay safe and dry.

Good morning gang!

49° degrees , partly cloudy with bouts of bright sunlight, heading to the mid 60s. Winds were quite active over the last day or so, so now we have piles of leaves here at the shop. Sucks cuz we dont have a tree on the property!

Yesterday we had a visitor, in the shop, the shop, then in the parts department, then the showroom , finally he was spotted in the hallway outside of the finance office peeking in at the woman who works there! From there he ran into the conference room and into a storage closet, where we lost him amongst the many boxes of brochures, dealer swag and other stuff. 🐿️ Cute lil chipmunk! I wonder if we will see him today?

KARL - It just dawned on me that you haven't given us an update on BUD in a while?
He's doing better, slowly as we have him on the new med and we are weaning him off of the Prednisone. He now has days where he is noticeably more active and happy, then other days not so much. Cant wait for the transition to be complete.
received_273674947993739.jpeg

Here he is last weekend with the grandson,,,, buddies!!

BBL

Politics and cliques, thats why I left the FCSME. Much happier without the drama.

Yes, I can agree on that. I've only been gone from NM for two months and I already feel much better about things.

I've been quiet about the BS I saw there, but after this latest thing, I can't possibly endorse anyone joining there as a member until they fix their internal problems.

Morning, all!
Might hit a high near 50f, so it can only be described as a wonderful day. Even the current temperature sitting on 33f isn't so bad; I was already outside with the dog, and didn't freeze to death.

Troy - I believe that British Garfield who photo-bombed the fine picture of you two, must have something to do with that Garfield movie that was made. The cartoon cat became some sort of British royalty. I watched it with the g-kids years ago.

Willie - Ramones keeps getting better and better with each post. Very fine modeling, I'd say!

IBKen - I'm afraid that as soon as you start talking computer and smart phone lingo, you loose me. WiThrottle; EngineDriver - Wow! My brain goes into freeze. I'm wishing we still had a black rotary phone hanging on the wall. It was so simple.

Going to finish a 2hr electrical job today installing a new range receptacle, and then drive my son to a job interview at the same mill where my wife works. I'll spend the rest of the day with the dog, watching beaver's down at the creek. This creek:
BeaverCreek_10-26-2021.jpg

I've collected a lot of photos of that creek for reference; I think I want a creek on my forthcoming layout.

Thanks for the many likes on my simple posts. It's nice to have a place to share a few moments of easy yap with friends worldwide.

Have a great day!

Good morning from the West coast. It did hit 70 and sunny from about 6-7 last night. High today is 86 but we were leaving at 3.
Now the sister is coming along with us but the 1st stop instead of Hawaii will be Phoenix. Yep, going backwards.

We will spend 2 nights at the brother’s in Desert Mountain and then hop his plane on Friday so there will be 5 of us. Seems my sister, the wife and brother’s girlfriend have been working on this since Monday night. I WAS told this morning. It’s fine, nothing I can say would have changed anything anyway.

So Paradise is delayed a couple days.

Enjoy my day
TomO
041FED56-6E49-4E64-9170-DEAE592B9E91.jpeg

I'm laughing at your cartoon posting this morning, TomO!

Good afternoon Easterly Modelers and Railfans!
We are at 60F currently and guessing for 86F for a high today; afterthe rain "Bomb" the wetness of the surroundings may cause an unusual sweat?

FLO, Good Morning! Because I have missed the breakfast crowd, I am going to stick with a BLT wirh Avacoda slices, some fries, and a coke to drink.

KARL - Glad to hear that BUD's doing better - he is too pretty of a dog to be sickly?

KEN - sorry to hear that you may have a cold. I used to come down with your exact symptoms every time the temp/weather changed rapidly - it made me miserable. Believe it or not - Alka-seltzer cold plus taken for a couple of nights ran it off pretty fast.

Christian - You are a pretty funny guy - that "rocket photo" is a hoot!

Willie -- Nice build you have going, however, your sunbathers need to shave their whoo-haa's!

TROY - Great looking food and the GF (does your wife know that you take out others in public?)
Maybe she will not notice with Garfield standing there!
We once had an 'H Salt F&C' here in town - for some reason it left and I surely do miss it.
The crew and I always headed for a great F&C place in London near the Victoria Station; it was so good that we never ventured looking at other restaurants. I would always go earlier soes I could spend time watching the trains come and go from the station.

Patrick - I think you made the correct decision on replacing the glass. You just might have avoided rebuilding the entire wall, which is generally the direction I take. LOL!

Later guys ....

Afternoon All,

Another miserable night's sleep due to wife's RLS. When she got up I laid back down for 3 hours. Too beat to do anything other than go to Wally World with the wife. The back is aching today so it should be fun tomorrow setting up the book fair. We're supposed to get a really strong storm front tomorrow with 60 + mph winds and about 4 inches of rain. The good news is that it's supposed to be a lot cooler this weekend.

Willie- Nice detailing.

Karl- I'm glad Buddy the dog is doing better.

Guy- That would make a great scene.

Sherrel- Thanks for letting us know.

Garry- Great news. Please don't overdo it.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good Afternoon all! A cold front blew through this morning, dumping a inch and a half of rain as it passed. Weather folks say we will be dry but very windy tomorrow. Not a lot happening in the train room, so I thought I'd look at some photos I had. I'm not sure of the owner of the first photo of Pan Am 605 in the lead, and the second is the best I could do to replicate the scene.

1635369139888.png

STAY SAFE
LATER

605 leads.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back