Running Bear's October 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning ya'll. Biscuits and gravy please!
Another overcast day here in Houston, rain predicted. Also predicted ASTROS win.

Willie - love the barn and tractor

Chadbag = Exactly how I feel. It is your/my railroad, your/my imagination.

Sirfoldalot - If your truck is a Dodge look at the ceramic resistor on the firewall.
I tried to upload a photo this morning and only get to 4% and it fails. Photo is 3.5MB jpeg.

Sirfoldalot, think I found my problem with the upload. VPN.

I still need to complete the tunnel and river and I'm working in that direction.
A side note here: the signal lights are Kato. They however do not work when used with DCC. Unfortunately for me I found this out from the Kato rep at a train show after I had already purchased 3 of them. They do provide info though, if red track has dcc signal, if green no dcc signal.

This is a pic of Deerfield Yard just west of town.

Deerfield Yard.jpg

Looks like I’ll be Winterizing our travel trailer Saturday. Forecast low is for 29, which could freeze plumbing if it stays at that temp long enough.

Thanks for the reminder that I need to pick up outside water faucet covers (those foam things that you stick over to help prevent frozen pipes). My old ones got thin over time and the seals went bad.

Sirfoldalot - If your truck is a Dodge look at the ceramic resistor on the firewall.
I tried to upload a photo this morning and only get to 4% and it fails. Photo is 3.5MB jpeg.

SAY TEX! What am I looking for? I will take a look. Yeah, It's a Dodge Dakota - 98 year.

Afternoon All,

Did some chores earlier then rooted through all my spare parts for a front truck that we may be able to use on a steamer for Phil. Thursday we're supposed to meet up at Jon's.

Louis- Nice picture.

Mark- The feel like temp here is 97 as of 2:30.

Johnny- Neat mirror. My wife does quilting and embroidery.

Willie- Is that the old Athearn tractor.

Chet- Nice before and after scenes.

Joe- You'll probably like it better with some weathering and detail parts.

Texas Hobo- Great looking layout shot.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Western Kansas is expecting upwards of 3-5 inches. It has started to sleet here in the past hour or so, but temp is 35 so it won't last long. We may see as much as an inch before the front completes it way through tomorrow night. They are expecting mostly a freezing mix.

Willie- Is that the old Athearn tractor.
Curt - I believe that it is. I got it and several others similar to it when I purchased all of former forum member Larry (the Old Fart)'s vehicles when he got out of model railroading in 2010. They came in large Ziploc bags without the original boxes. This one was damaged (broken exhaust, missing seat, bent axle) and there was no right front wheel anywhere to repair it, so I just stashed it until I attempted a build of this sort.

Like Kansas certain forecasters are predicting as much as a foot of snow here with blizzard conditions for our area on Thursday. Guess I either change the snowblower oil or just check it and check our gasoline supply.

The road are still warm but heavy snow changes the melting rate.

I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday so model railroading would be out of the question that day. Looks like I'll be driving my Chevy pickup on Thursday even with the Mrs' car having four wheel drive.

let's wait and see what happens.....

Greg

Joe- You'll probably like it better with some weathering and detail parts.
Curt: Absolutely, but what the photo doesn't show is the uneven seam where the two roof sections came together. The back side of the structure is even worse. I'll see what I have in the parts box. Over all, I'm pleased with how it's turning out, considering it was rather ambitious, and I was working off a 1940 aerial photo ;).

Joe

SAY TEX! What am I looking for? I will take a look. Yeah, It's a Dodge Dakota - 98 year.
I had 2 Dodge pickups and had the same problem with both, they would just stall. If they sat 10 to 15 minutes you could go again. One was almost predictable, and would stall at the same place every morning on the way to work. Anyway look for a white, or maybe off white ceramic block maybe 2" x 3" bolted to the firewall with either 2 or 4 wires running in & from the block. If you unbolt it you should see 1 or 2 coils. Apparently they get hot and cool and over time break. So when you have contact you go, heats up you stop. It's been a while but as I recall it's not and expensive piece. Some of the blocks had 1 resistor, overs had 2. Obviously I'm not sure that's your problem but it is worth a look.

Hey, Texas Hobo - - I just noticed your tagline of "Modeling Boston & Maine in New England in the Fall." That is one beautiful part of the country. You from New England?? I grew up on Long Island and used to travel to the New England states as often as possible. Skied Vermont a lot. My cousin lives in NH.
So I model NY Central 1950's in a fictitious location in upstate New York.
Actually, my wife and I were married in Abilene, Texas and we lived in Texas quite a few years. Most of her family lives in East Texas, so we go down there a lot to visit. You live in TX or where?

Hey, Texas Hobo - - I just noticed your tagline of "Modeling Boston & Maine in New England in the Fall." That is one beautiful part of the country. You from New England?? I grew up on Long Island and used to travel to the New England states as often as possible. Skied Vermont a lot. My cousin lives in NH.
So I model NY Central 1950's in a fictitious location in upstate New York.
Actually, my wife and I were married in Abilene, Texas and we lived in Texas quite a few years. Most of her family lives in East Texas, so we go down there a lot to visit. You live in TX or where?
I actually grew up in NY. Vacations were in the town of Shelburne Falls, Mass. Some of my earliest memories of trains were Boston and Maine along the Deerfield River. Lived in TX since 64, between Houston and Galveston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back