Running Bear's November 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it just happened again.
I sent a message to the company I just placed an order with, to see if there’s a way to force my order to be from my local store, instead of where in the world my web browser tells them I am.
I have no plans to drive to Pender, NE, to pick up my grocery order.

Rant Time

End of September I bought one of two Bowser Alco C630M Locomotives, this one needed a new guard rail, so on Oct. 1st I ordered a new set direct from Bowser, which I'm still waiting for, I've sent two emails to Bowser simply asking if these have been sent as I've received no notification that they're on the way and have yet to get a replay, I'll leave it till November, if they're not in my grubby hands by then I'll be asking PayPal for my money back and try and find some from another retailer.

Rant Over.

Yes, sir it is!

My wife and I watch Christmas Vacation several times over the holidays. Along with the Polar Express.

Karl, that reminds me. Our youngest grandson spent last weekend with us. We always watch a movie together. I suggested the Polar Express. He said "I'll wait until December to watch that with you" I thought of you!
Louis- for me, besides TPE, my favorite Christmas movies are It’s A Wonderful Life, Home Alone 2(due to the NYC setting) & Die Hard.

IMG_0081.jpeg

And I just got an overdraft notice from my NC credit union.
It seems the FL credit union is still double-dipping all my payments, both from them and the NC credit union. They deducted my car payment from both accounts, $800 in one go, they deducted $91 for the credit card, and I got a note from them saying the payment they attempted to collect from the personal loan didn't go through, because it had a $0 balance.
And I can't do anything about it until Monday, when I get to take another day off work, to go try to straighten this out. And I won't be nearly as polite this time as I was the first time.

And I just got an overdraft notice from my NC credit union.
It seems the FL credit union is still double-dipping all my payments, both from them and the NC credit union. They deducted my car payment from both accounts, $800 in one go, they deducted $91 for the credit card, and I got a note from them saying the payment they attempted to collect from the personal loan didn't go through, because it had a $0 balance.
And I can't do anything about it until Monday, when I get to take another day off work, to go try to straighten this out. And I won't be nearly as polite this time as I was the first time.
You have had a very rough go of it with these financial institutions lately. Hope you get some resolution soon,

It's got to be stressful!

Up and at em!

On my second cup of coffee...

Need to shower, Finish packing, and head down to the gaming convention today. Yesterday we snuck in a few games of our WW2 air combat game, Blood Red Skies.

Fun was accomplished, furballs happened.
Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 7.48.29 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 7.48.01 PM.png

Today we do 8 tables/16 players of WW2 infantry skirmishes with STuGs! Players get a bonus tourney point if they include a Tank Destroyer or Assault Gun in their tank slot for the platoon.

Good morning. Freezing outside judging by the frost on the grass, and coincidentally i'm about to head out to "First Frost Train Meet" in Allentown, Pa. Its one of the best in the Northeast, rivaling that in Timonium, Md. Yesterday got off of work earlier than usual, so motivated enough got home, ate dinner and continued work on the secondary line:
IMG_20231111_071314364.jpg

That's the one on the bottom.
IMG_20231111_071320301_HDR.jpg

Ballast is in and ran out of flex track to finish.
IMG_20231111_071339954.jpg

It's cool seeing a train coming down that grade onto this wide "S" curve. A local on the station
IMG_20231111_071407000.jpg

IMG_20231111_071431086.jpg

Overall view of the layout:
IMG_20231111_071450630.jpg

For those who like more complicated trackage:
IMG_20231111_071603064_HDR.jpg

Good morning from a crispy start to a Wisconsin morning. Walked in the door at 2:26am and dropped into bed just a few minutes later. Up at 6:35 to a frosty outside at 26f degrees. The grassy areas are definitely frost covered.

I am going to see the grandson play hockey at 8:30 this morning. I don’t normally do his road games but it’s in Sun Prairie, Wi about 20 minutes away and I am awake. I have an hour to blow off before I leave so heading down to the train room to check the items that showed up while I was gone. I did find one surprise! When I walked in this morning there was a big box inside the foyer. A mountain bike. Nobody mentioned they wanted a bike that I am aware of but the grandson’s birthday is 11/22 when he turns 10. Based on the size 24” I’m thinking it’s for him. Too early to call the wife because of the 5 hour time difference, nope forgot the time change, it only 4 hours now. Still too early!

enjoy the day

Attachments

• IMG_1971.png
    IMG_1971.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
Morning all! Almost done with the current painting binge. Two sleepers, and three diners. Three paint schemes. Photos when done. There have been changes with the loss of Scalecoat. Good ones and bad ones. I've had to begin serious use of Tru-Color instead of just flirting with it. They're the only company that makes some of the SP colors I need. Good: No baking. Bad: Learning curve. There is more guesswork with thinning Tru-Color depending on how long it's been on the shelf. Good: It can be damn near sludge in the bottle and you can add their thinner and bring it back to "as new" condition and it sprays great. No more "going to sludge" and hardening in the bottle like Scalecoat does! Bad: You have to prime brass, or Tru-Color won't stick to it. Good: Tru-Color dries fast! 20 minutes. Like anything, winners & losers.

Christmas movies: The wife and I were discussing them last night. We too like the George C Scott version of ACC, though I do like to watch the Alistair Sim version now & then. There are some subtle differences that are neat if you really like the story and it's a little more faithful to the book in the dialog department I think. Other Christmas faves: A Christmas Story of course! On the comedy side: Christmas Vacation and The Ref.

The daughter is finally moving out! She's disabled, so the search for a home for her has been a long haul. It had to be: 1: A safe neighborhood (she's in a power wheelchair). 2: Something she can afford (a problem for lots of us these days! 3: Close to public transportation (she is impaired enough that she can't drive, though she has all her marbles. CP is a bitch!) 4: An accessible building. You'd be surprised how many aren't, and wouldn't it be lovely to get yourself on the Condo owners association's S-list by requesting powered doors and ramps be installed? She's excited. So are we!

Good Morning All. Happy Veterans Day, especially to all of you veterans. Cloudy and 49° here this fine morning. It will be in the mid-60's again today and into next week. Low 70's starting around Wednesday or Thursday.

Yesterday was spent mostly attacking the "honey do" list, which was OK since the ground was still wet most of the day. Today will be the normal household chores, dishwasher, laundry, supper. I should get some time outdoors in the sunshine after noon.

While I am a member of several other model railroad forums, this one is the only one that I interact with regularly. There's nothing wrong with them except for a few egotists, but I just don't have the time any more. The more trips that I take around he sun, the longer most tasks take me to do. :(

Out in the train shed yesterday, I did add a few more figures to Garner's Market.
Here's Mr Garner chasing the local feral cat away.
IMG_0933.JPG

A couple more customers leaving.
IMG_0934.JPG

I also sorted out the latest small bag of detail parts that I found Thursday.
IMG_0932.JPG

All of those barrels came from a very old Campbell kit known as Seebold and Son's manufacturing. Those barrels are wooden. The kit was intended to be a barrel making shop, but I use it as a pallet building shop.
IMG_2392.JPG

Mostly though, I attempted to clear out some space underneath the layout's lower deck. This is a task that I have unsuccessfully attempted many times.

Terry -
I keep telling myself that every time I smoke a decoder
Is that like smoking a blunt???
Tom O - I guess it's congratulations on the new job. Are you going to have to attend all 16 events?
Chad - Thanks, I'll have to look there for the sensor.

Everyone have a great Saturday and a wonderful weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back