Running Bear's November 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had to begin serious use of Tru-Color instead of just flirting with it. They're the only company that makes some of the SP colors I need.
I would say using Tru-Color is a learning curve, and I haven't had a problem with sludge as yet, but I have found rotating the containers every month or so does seem to prevent that with other paints I've used over the years.
The downside with Tru-Color, for me at least, is the air gun cleaning, the only thing that shifts it is acetone, which is not good for any seals that are in the gun.

Good morning gang

Frosty start to the day, but warming up to 50 later.
I’m off to HD for a new garage door opener, that’s my project for today. The chain drive unit was ok, but noisy until it died. It works for 23 years. Going with a quieter belt drive unit with battery back up and wi-fi camera and keypad access.
BBL

Happy Veterans day to all who served.

I got my free breakfast combo at the local Wendy's this morning. Wife thinks I need to go into Wichita and get other deals, but I'm on a diet.

Currently cloudy and 46° in my area near Doo-Dah. Supposed to be 62° later.

While I like most Christmas movies, I really don't care for "It's a Wonderful Life". I usually leave the room when the wife has it on. I have several books by Jean Shepard whose stories are the basis of "A Christmas Story". His observations on life is just hilarious. On of the grand daughters borrowed the book of "A Christmas Story" that are the 4 main stories the movie was based on. I did tell her the stories are a little different as they were tied together to make the script. His bit on the dogs and the turkey in the movie was actually an Easter ham in his original stories.

BBL

There shouldn't be Christmas music and decorations and crap in stores and the radito and all that until, at a minimum, after Thanksgiving and better until Dec 1.
I'm with you, CHAD, on all accounts! Our tree and house deco usually starts within a few days after Thanksgiving. After all, MOH has to take down the Thanksgiving decor before putting up the Christmas decor. Thank goodness she does not have as many Boxes to put up befors me having to pull down the Christmas stuff. Believe me the house looks like Macy's! I'm sure you remember me complaining about the 17 large totes of decor - well, three years back I had managed to whittle that down to 14 boxes, and now it is back to 17 again (and climbing)! After all how many wreaths and manger scenes does one need - and garland (with lights) and 5 Christmas trees (3 Two feet and 2 6 feet ones)!
You will hear me complaining over this until January !!!
Time seems to be screaming by lately.
MIKE -- Just you wait - My WEEKS are flying by let alone the days! I try to remember what I accomplished for the week and most of the time it's just a blur of not much.

Good afternoon Diners. A large coffee and a cream cake please, Flo.

A cold, frosty day.

Evening in the Arabian Sea

Attachments

• IMG_1506.JPG
    IMG_1506.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 27
Howdy there football fans! Another weekend of games it seems - too many - after a couple, I am burned out on them.
Chilly this day / strike that ... darn cold to this desert person. It's the time of year when we once again have the large swings in temperature. 38 to start and looking for 79 later - that is a 41 degree swing.
I wish all Veterans a very nice day - and THANK YOU for your service!

TERRY, I see that Mr Murphy has again lighted on your doorstep ... the pox on him!
I had that happen to me with house payments back in the 70's when I was overseas.
It really sucks ... and the communication back then in Saudi Arabia was almost non existence.
As the Baptist say, "I'll pray for you"!

Good Morning. 51° and sunny. 30° overnight.

Veterans Day Remembrances - Went to my BCT Company (B-5-2), on 4 July 1969, Ft. Dix NJ...learned that Yankee great, Catcher Thurman Munson was in the adjacent Barracks Building, Company C-5-2. If we crossed paths, I never knew it...all trainees look alike.
AIT: Also Ft. Dix, Co C, Special troops, became part of the 1st Brigade, 1st Infantry Division. Remainder of Active Duty, Co A and Co C, 714 Railway Operating Bn. Ft. Eustis, VA. Got to play with Speeders, track tools, fire Steam locomotives (2-8-0), run Diesels (MRS-1, GE 70 TN BLW VO-660, EMD SW-8). Mostly ran passenger shuttles between the Barracks Area, the Air Strip, and the Ranges, or the Daily interchange run to the C&O at Lee Hall. Even gained experience with Euro couplers/buffers and Vacuum Brakes.
USAR: Co A, Co C, 717 Rwy operating Bn (PRR/PC Sponsored) Philadelphia Pa. Biggest highlight running trains on the New Hope and Ivyland, including Gas Car PRR 4666. met some really nice people.
Hindsight: Since I was already committed to the Railroad Business, I should have utilized my time better at Ft, Eustis. They have an extensive Logistics School there, with numerous opportunities. At the time, I just wanted to get past my obligation...We were still under conscription back then.

Caps beat the Devils in a sloppy game last night 4-2. Both teams have key players out with injuries. Devils missing Defensemen D. Severson and R. Graves who moved on during the off season... Salary Cap bites all. ....Two inexperienced D men Bahl & L. Hughes have a lotto learn, makes life harder for the goalies.

Two Model RR building projects are in the home stretch...might complete one or both this weekend.

Forgot a couple things this morning!
Alan - good to see you again - You need to contribute more - I love your modeling!

DAVE in PV .. That's a really great photo you shared! Yesterday one of my Spousal Units clients brought along her father as she was spending the day with her dad - a former Marine was within a month of my age who did three tours in Vietnam from 67-70! He said that he was very fortunate.

I believe it was yesterday that MOH told me about the extremely large wooden blimp hanger built during WW2? burned down. I'll have to look up the news (forgot to do). I've seen this up close - it was a monster of a structure!

The drivers side door handle broke yesterday on my prestigious 2004 Ranger. Shocking that O'Riley had one in stock. Guess that I will be spending today watching U-Tube vid's trying to change it out ....
KARL, where are you when needed?

I would say using Tru-Color is a learning curve, and I haven't had a problem with sludge as yet, but I have found rotating the containers every month or so does seem to prevent that with other paints I've used over the years.
The downside with Tru-Color, for me at least, is the air gun cleaning, the only thing that shifts it is acetone, which is not good for any seals that are in the gun.
Never been an issue for me. :) None of my guns have rubber o ring seals in the fluid train. I use primarily Iwatas but same for my Badgers and Passches. I also find Xylene and lacquer thinner clean Tru color just fine.

Good Morning All!
36F @ 92% and partly

Veterans Day! Good wishes to all that served.

Me:
1971 Jan 4 ( I think ) Boot in SD at MCRD
high points:
1st is I made it through it all.
2nd is I made squad leader even with broken toes ( Rack got dropped on foot )
3rd is I shot 199 out of 200 at the rifle range, 3 setups: Prone, Kneeling and Offhand
1971 ITR Camp Pendelton, CA
Got to blow stuff up, gas chamber and Mount MF along with shooting almost everything the Corps had.
The 105mm ( Ontos ) was a kick. Live fire at night with a company of Marines was also a hoot.
1971 Comm School
100Cps tele-types, online and offline crypto
1971 1st Duty, El Toro for about 5 months
1971 Dec, 2nd duty Camp Smith, HI
Got Top Secret, Crypto and SEATO clearances
FMFPAC - TT op, service messages, general 'go get it boy'
FMFPAC - Computer: Univac 9000
CINCPAC - Computer: Univac 1004 - had to change the wirewrap memory board for Tx/Rx
CINCPAC - Computer: RCA Spectra 70 ( Andromeda Strain mainframe if you remember )
CINCPAC - Computer: Sperry Rand LDMX ( rebrand of the Spectra 70 )
1973 Dec 16th ( my 21st birthday ), They pored me on the plane to rotate out back to Camp Pendleton
1974 early Jan - back home as a PFC.

We get to go to our local Legion for a free Member/Veterans dinner. I expect that the place will be busy with a ton of remembrances.

Y'all be good!

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back