Running Bear's November 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this on another site and it reminded me of one of the regulars here. Cap'n?
jet grill.jpg

Truckdad -- that's awesome!
Got a friend who shared a room at Kaiser hospital who used to be an airline mechanic (a year older than me) ; anyway, he will get a kick out of this - I will send it to him. Thanks!

Ray, have you tried the eco200, instead of the 21p?
It has a 9 pin jst connector, you wouldn’t need to buy any extra adpaters.
The ECO-200 at Kleins has now dropped off their listing after being OOS, the ECO-21P #882006, the alternative, priced also at $64, with the same sound files has 6 still listed. I did find out from Soundtraxx that it is possible to solder wires to them. The ECO's only have 1 sound file for the -2 EMD's (645 turbo, no cylinder numbers specified) which I guess is OK for both SD40 and 45. Otherwise there is the new Tsunami2 EMD-2 boards @ near $88 and more choices. My last order from them (the MTH flatcars) didn't get the GST and duty applied to them, but if they are now applying it or both at point of entry, prices delivered are going to be prohibitive.

The ECO-200 at Kleins has now dropped off their listing after being OOS, the ECO-21P #882006, the alternative, priced also at $64, with the same sound files has 6 still listed. I did find out from Soundtraxx that it is possible to solder wires to them. The ECO's only have 1 sound file for the -2 EMD's (645 turbo, no cylinder numbers specified) which I guess is OK for both SD40 and 45. Otherwise there is the new Tsunami2 EMD-2 boards @ near $88 and more choices. My last order from them (the MTH flatcars) didn't get the GST and duty applied to them, but if they are now applying it or both at point of entry, prices delivered are going to be prohibitive.
I didn't realize they had been discontinued.
If you are going to solder wires, why not use the ECO-PNP? It's a 2 amp board, same price as the 21P, and you don't have to buy a separate board as a mounting platform. The PNP takes the place of the factory board.

I didn't realize they had been discontinued.
If you are going to solder wires, why not use the ECO-PNP? It's a 2 amp board, same price as the 21P, and you don't have to buy a separate board as a mounting platform. The PNP takes the place of the factory board.
I looked for that one first, Kleins only had 1, that has now gone and that listing has also disappeared as well after showing OOS. I did put it into my wishlist before it did. Oddly, it isn't in their OOS list either. Soundtraxx themselves are still featuring it at MSRP of course. It's odd that the 21P version is a 1 amp/2 Watt and the PNP, 2 amp/2Watt. I haven't gone looking anywhere else as they are generally higher priced and don't tell you how many they have either.

Good morning gang
32 degrees and clear.
GF is all about turkey bacon, but she can't tell me what part of the bird it comes from. Can anybody??
;)

I looked for that one first, Kleins only had 1, that has now gone and that listing has also disappeared as well after showing OOS. I did put it into my wishlist before it did. Oddly, it isn't in their OOS list either. Soundtraxx themselves are still featuring it at MSRP of course. It's odd that the 21P version is a 1 amp/2 Watt and the PNP, 2 amp/2Watt. I haven't gone looking anywhere else as they are generally higher priced and don't tell you how many they have either.
I use these guys a lot for my decoders:
http://mountain-subdivision-hobbies...iesel-6-function-2-amp-economi-sound-decoder/

And it shows in stock.

Good Morning All. 40° and clear. Continuing our string of very pleasant days here. Sunday through Tuesday, we'll have some stiff north winds, but the temperature is expected to stay just above freezing at night.
Yesterday I visited Discount Model Railroad in Addison TX, just outside of Dallas. I have purchased from them for 30 years now. Still have almost everything at 20% off MSRP and I don't have to pay shipping. Mostly purchased replenishment supplies like metal wheels, Kadee #148 couplers, additional flex track and ground throws, a few vehicles (pricey) and a laser-cut kit from .JL Innovative Designs, "Rebelstoke Pick & Shovel". I got some other stuff that I don't remember but it was all on my shopping list.

Another stop on my journey was at a window screen manufacturing plant for a company that I did business with for many many years while I still worked. The owner traditionally gives out deep-fried turkeys to his customers and other freeloaders like me at Thanksgiving. It's quite an operation that now takes him three days to do. He does 300 turkeys and uses three 55-gallon drums of peanut oil! He sets up an assembly line operation in a vacant part of his plant. Ten deep fryers going simultaneously, manned by a dozen or so employees. A turkey gets "dipped" every six minutes for a 45 minute cooking. That's ten birds/hour. There's an unwrapping station where the livers/gizzards are removed and the birds are mounted on the hooks. Then there's the dipper who plops it into the cooker and attaches the hook to the stand and returns for the next one. Another employee removes them after their 45 minute time is up and brings them over to a table where a couple of guys put them in aluminum pans, cover them in foil and put the whole thing in a plastic bag. They have sequential pre-printed tags identifying the business's that are supposed to receive them. They just send through an unmarked one when people like me show up. There is a master timekeeper who sits at a desk and signals when to put them in and out of each cooker. A utility guy tops off the oil in the cookers and changes the propane tanks. There is someone else who spreads the oil absorbent on the floor and mans the broom. Off to the side is an additional cooker where the employees cook the livers and 40 lbs. of fish fillets for themselves. Salesmen and company officers do the delivery. When business was booming at my company during the early 2000's, they would show up with ten of them for various managers and company officers at our place.

Later in the train shed I unpacked and put up my haul. I ran some trains and worked some more on some scratchbuilt details, forgot to take pictures but they're still on the workbench. A woodpile, some flower pots and a birdbath. Might remember the pictures today if the Thanksgiving prep doesn't overwhelm me.

Garry - Looks like quite an accident site. Nice to read that there were no injuries.
Sherrel - I hate WalMart. I just let my wife go alone.
Louis - Hope you're feeling better.
Chet - Similar gasoline controls exist here in Texas, they also work to prevent gouging on the other end of the spectrum. Not all of the Kroger's here have gas pumps, they are generally a penny cheaper than WalMart or Sam's Club.

Today is "National Tie One on Day", however it refers to aprons and not to getting smashed. I guess there's a day for that coming up soon, December 31?
Everyone have a great day and if you're not coming by tomorrow, have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and hopefully enjoy it with family and friends.

Happy Day before Thanksgiving Day!
Currently 40 degrees heading towards 70 again today - some clouds - not much - but there is some rain in the fire areas way up North.
Sad of me to make fun of peoples woes, but the news on the major LA stations were all about how the burn area folks were shoring up their property for the "coming rain". The forcast is for "point" 33 to 50 of an inch and people were sandbagging like a hurricane approaching- crazy?

PUP was very good yesterday - I left the lampshade off - and I thought maybe she could have a break from it last night.
She did real good at not bothering her injuries, but then this morning, she tore off the bandage while I was getting a cup of coffee. Have to put a new bandage on and, I guess, the lampshade as well. Thankfully, she did not do any damage to the staples!

Later guys.

Good morning, everybody .

Our visitors are on their way here for Thanksgiving ..... I might not have much time to post here for a few days. ....

So I'll say HAPPY THANKSGIVING now !

Truck Dad Dave ...... Now, that is a creative BBQ grill... ... I can imagine Sherrel saying "It is the grill of my dreams".. LOL

Terry .... Your link to the DCC seller looks like he has reasonable prices for decoders.

Boris.... Your photo looks cold. It would be a good photo for a Christmas card. Also, I see the lead unit is a road slug working with probably a GP40 trailing it.

Willie ... The cashed Kroger truck may have had some bacon on it. I know it had the whipped cream we needed for our pumpkin pie tomorrow. We had to go to WallMart for the whipped cream and other items. Not my favorite store also.

Karl .... I like real bacon. .... For some award wining bacon and country ham, shop from this company near here....https://www.broadbenthams.net/Bacons/departments/4/ .... We like their peppered bacon.

Cheers.

Good morning. 21 degrees with clear skies. We should hit the mid 40's again this afternoon.

Sherrel - Sweet videos. Love tha E unit. I think the CB&Q E units were some of the best looking ones on the rails. WHen do the staples come out of Foxie? You'll probably be as happy as her when they do.

Curt - Liked the Pennsy video. Keep them coming.

Truckdad -
That's one heck of a grill. Don't think there would be much room left on my back deck with something that size.

TURKEY BACON - doh.gif Bacon comes from pigs. We just packaged 35 pounds of bacon that my daughter in law gets from the restaurant she help cater for. Outstanding bacon.

Here's a rail picture for today. On the left, an inbound train is waiting for the outbound train to clear the yard so it can back its train in. On the right, a switcher is backing a gon from the scrap yard to the yard.

20181120_130311.jpg

Later

chet: You finally put up an outstanding "track photo"! That's really awesome looking.

I spoke too soon about the pup! In the time that I came downstairs, got a cup of coffee, and went back upstairs - she managed to pull off the bandage and slightly open the wound - I am so pissed at myself!
She had not made a move towards it all evening and last night, but it only too less than 10 min this morning for her to start licking and pulling. The wound has a tiny leakage and looks as if one of the staples is a tad loose. Just really kicking myself -- and just hope that I don't have to take her in again!
Darnit - Darnit - Darnit !! :mad:

Afternoon All,

Did some small chores today but didn't have the energy to mess around in the train room.

Sherrel- Sorry to hear about the issue with your dog. I would imagine they're worried about mud slides. You should haul that grill behind your RV.

Karl- Good reason to eat real bacon.

Joe- Nice 1:1 photo.

Willie- Sounds like the turkey is a good deal. Free food is always best.

Garry- I wonder if those videos were revenue or fan excursion?

Chet- Nice layout shot.

Here is a excursion video of K4s 1361 in 1987.

I hope everyone has a good night and a Happy Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back