Running Bear's May 2023 Coffee Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hughie - I have been reading with some interest about something called "Alberta 51 Project". Without getting political here, I was just wondering if it has widespread support, or is it just a fringe thing??? Heck! Have you even heard about it???
Willie - Seems there are lots of folks not happy where they are.
Alberta 51 wants to become part of USA
Eastern Oregon wants to become part of Idaho
California wants to split into 2 states
And not to be left out, some Texans want to secede.

Good morning, Everybody!
1684563274627.jpeg

Ouch! Sore this morning.
Earlier this week, I showed a lady from church a phone picture of a HO building I built.
Next thing I know, I was volunteered to repaint several metal benches, tables and chairs in the church garden.
I got two benches painted before the clouds rolled in and they dried for a couple hours before scattered showers hit the area.
More rain predicted for the next few days, so I can recover before I paint again.
I still have not figured out how painting a model house translates to being an expert in painting outdoor furniture.
I think it is spelled "SUCKER'.

View attachment 168692 Checking in. Had to start up the confuser to order a couple of things from Amazon and figured I would see what I have missed in the past few days.

McLeod - The smoke was worse than that down here for a day but has cleared up a lot.

Todd - There's nothing wrong with that track plan. I can see a lot of opportunities there. When you get going, give me a call and I'll see if I can come over and help.
Chet: Don't think anybody said there was anything wrong with the track plan, just that it was 'aggressive'. I do think it is that.

I am looking forward to you getting to help with it all when you can. Trouble is we are spending time doing house and yard stuff right now which probably will last for awhile. Maria and I want the house/yard tied up in a neat bundle so we don't have to screw around with it except for spring and garden stuff for the rest of our years. We think fast and work slow as our age is catching up with us; maybe that should be we are catching up with our age!

I do get an hour or so early in the morning of which I kinda putter around in the train cave cleaning and sorting stuff. No real train building going on yet. It will happen as I am looking forward to that also as I have not seen any of my trains run for over 10 years.

I thought that we were gonna build a garage this summer, but then I found all the problems with the upstairs and no insulation. Tear out and redo. I have learned over the years retro-fitting is much more time consuming than building new. It is what it is though. Now I am considering building a small shed near the train cave to get all of the crap out that was to go in the garage. I can probably fill a 10x12 with it. Oh, and from what I have found upstairs so far - it is all scabbed together. Looks like a previous homeowner(s) had not a clue about carpentry, there are 1x4 headers over doors and windows and they are laying flat on top, not on edge. 1x4's - geesh, should be at least 2x6. For reasons unknown, they did get double 2x6 for the window sills in and orientated right. And we do not even want to talk about the wiring.

Later

No coffee for me thank you. I will have a cold diet Dr Pepper.

Good morning from a crisp but warming So. Central WIsconsin. 48 now, 73f degrees later but with winds blowing in the high teens and gusts around 25. But right now, I cannot see a leaf blowing on any of the trees.

The goal is to finish some weathering projects and ship everything out Tuesday. That will leave 1 client commission for weathering for when I come back. He doesn’t care when he gets it so that worked out well. I have a layout commission I have been working on for the last 4-6 weeks. The client will forward the track when I return. So overall it looks like I am in good shape at the bench.

Looking forward to getting to Austin. It’s such a vibrant place and not crazy big. It’s just too warm.

enjoy the day

Ouch! Sore this morning.
Earlier this week, I showed a lady from church a phone picture of a HO building I built.
Next thing I know, I was volunteered to repaint several metal benches, tables and chairs in the church garden.
I got two benches painted before the clouds rolled in and they dried for a couple hours before scattered showers hit the area.
More rain predicted for the next few days, so I can recover before I paint again.
I still have not figured out how painting a model house translates to being an expert in painting outdoor furniture.
I think it is spelled "SUCKER'.
Good on you, but

Admit it, you loved it!

Nice though you have recovery time before the next painting. I seem to need that time more often just on household chores.

Morning all,

46° and clear, high in the mid 70's later.
Went with the boy last night as he took his niece and nephew to the movies. We have a historic theater owned by a non-profit arts council that runs current movies on Friday and Saturday nights, along with a Sunday matinee. Saw "Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3". Good flick. Spent way less than going to the large out of town theaters.

Gotta get to it...sittin' on my ass doesn't get my stuff done.

BBL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back