Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all!

Windy and cold this morning! Spring has not sprung in this part of the country yet! A day of household activities to attend to this morning so coffee is to to go.

Got my Scaletrains shipping notice finally at 6:30 last night, see they were working late trying to get orders filled.

I see the forum is still wonky this morning

Have a great hump day all!

Well howdy there internet peeps and those wondering how to cross thePatapsco River.

It's Troy again. Back is mostly behaving with no incidents. But, I know I'm in the danger zone for an easy re-injure. Must be careful.

1,400+ words worded this morning. A new complication... errrr... character was introduced with a startling proposition for one of the main duo.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.10.44 AM.png

She's queen of the shapeshifting wererats.

We're only on chapter five so far. No, this isn't one of THOSE books. But it might have a few implied scenes fading to black.

Prepping for the booth at the scifi/fantasy game convention this weekend needs to begin today. Got signs to make, and stuff to pack. Leave Friday morning, for a noon opening of the vendor hall.

If you get held to random tell them go f et f er you know what I mean we need a back up plan for the coffee shop do you have a sister site so if attacked we san find each other and stay friends
Some may wish to speak on private msg and ensure they stay in contact with particular friends
Two I know go on another model forum so I can fiend them no escape lol
Sherryl you make sure you have a back up plan you need the support the most atm

Maybe we should post other forums wheee we also loiter or could loiter
I know it sounds a tad ott but look at your bridge!

Can
Well howdy there internet peeps and those wondering how to cross thePatapsco River.

It's Troy again. Back is mostly behaving with no incidents. But, I know I'm in the danger zone for an easy re-injure. Must be careful.

1,400+ words worded this morning. A new complication... errrr... character was introduced with a startling proposition for one of the main duo.

View attachment 184956

We're only on chapter five so far. No, this isn't one of THOSE books. But it might have a few implied scenes fading to black.

Prepping for the booth at the scifi/fantasy game convention this weekend needs to begin today. Got signs to make, and stuff to pack. Leave Friday morning, for a noon opening of the vendor hall.
we see a few pics when your at the game convention especially if any one turns up in costume

Good Morning!
30F right off the top, but, we are supposed to get a 1 day heat wave up into the 50's. The wife wants to go ice-fishing.

While the wife was grocery shopping yesterday, I took a couple hours to walk to the CN staging area. Got a few photos of an SD70 pushing in some 2-bay closed hoppers.
CN 5609_SD70I_03-26-2024 (2).JPG

I had to wait until the engine was done switching in the yard, and then walked in to get a pile of photos of the hoppers, as well as other rolling stock:
CovHop_WtCrtStage_03-26-2024.JPG

Well. the forum is still being difficult. I'm a patient man, though, so I'll walk away and come back later when the grass is greener.

Have a wonderful day!

Good Morning All. Mostly cloudy and 40°, except at the Weather Underground station around the corner.
1711541464332.png
1711541686742.png

Looks like his thermometer has gone wonky again. I saw 57° for a high yesterday here, going for mid-60's today with rain in the forecast for this afternoon.

Another day on the mower yesterday, 2 rounds @45 minutes each. I now have the entire yard done, all 3 acres, should be good until this weekend. Today will be garden maintenance day. I am ready to mulch the pathway east of the broccoli/spinach/lettuce row. I'll hoe it all first to make sure that there are no emerging weed seedlings there and to keep the surface from crusting, something that my heavy clay soil is prone to do. I need to watch the yard as well and see if I can spot the armadillo that I saw yesterday and note it's traveling pattern so I can set the trap. Traps for armadillos cannot be just baited because they only eat what they dig up. But they are relatively blind, so by noting their travel paths, I can take a pair of 2"x8"x8' boards and set them in an open "V" with the trap at the opening and they will walk into it; if properly placed. Or run if I spot it and give chase! Since their range is around five miles, I release them in the woods next to the 4-wheeler ATV park about 8 miles away.

We topped off the day by meeting a couple that we know for supper at Houlihans in Denton. Yes, I do have a small social life! They raise show horses just east of Denton and the wife and my wife worked at H&R Block together for many years. It's been a while though, so I don't have to listen to Blockhead (my term) stories any more!

Wow! Still quite shocked about that bridge in Baltimore. I did see part of the President's speech on the subject, where he claimed to have gone across that bridge many times while in the Senate. I never knew that Amtrack had a track there too!!!

Out in the train shed yesterday, I did a little more figure painting since they were still out from the other day. I used 4 colors and completed 6 figures and added to about a dozen others. Putting them on the layout is still part of the never-ending backlog. I need a totally rainy day with no "honey-dos" to try to get caught up. Right now I am sitting on the cemetery scene, adding completed trees to various already identified areas, getting these figures off the workbench, and numerous other small and large projects on the list. I have already decided that I will not finish the layout by my target of Christmas 2024, maybe mid-2026 instead.
Let's see if I can post a couple of random scenes of folks working.
1711549153928.png

I guess that it won't work this morning.
I won't waste any more of my time now.

Patrick - Good that you are able to return to work, but take it easy. You need to take some of those accumulated vacation/comp days. They seemed to be able to scrape by in the past without you.

Just tried to open another page here and this is what came up:
1711547567801.png

From Buffalo Springfield "There's something happening here But what it is ain't exactly clear". Only this website, none others. Do you reckon that it's the full moon from the other day???

Louis - Glad that you weren't on the road at the bridge collapse time. Will it affect your deliveries in any way?
Mac - Thanks for that video link regarding the bridge collapse. Quite informative.

Everybody have a great day.

Last edited:

View attachment 184956

Troy I do believe that's one of your best yet might just have to save her for my desktop ;)

Good Morning All. Mostly cloudy and 40°, except at the Weather Underground station around the corner.
View attachment 184954View attachment 184955
Looks like his thermometer has gone wonky again. I saw 57° for a high yesterday here, going for mid-60's today with rain in the forecast for this afternoon.

Another day on the mower yesterday, 2 rounds @45 minutes each. I now have the entire yard done, all 3 acres, should be good until this weekend. Today will be garden maintenance day. I am ready to mulch the pathway east of the broccoli/spinach/lettuce row. I'll hoe it all first to make sure that there are no emerging weed seedlings there and to keep the surface from crusting, something that my heavy clay soil is prone to do. I need to watch the yard as well and see if I can spot the armadillo that I saw yesterday and note it's traveling pattern so I can set the trap. Traps for armadillos cannot be just baited because they only eat what they dig up. But they are relatively blind, so by noting their travel paths, I can take a pair of 2"x8"x8' boards and set them in an open "V" with the trap at the opening and they will walk into it; if properly placed. Or run if I spot it and give chase! Since their range is around five miles, I release them in the woods next to the 4-wheeler ATV park about 8 miles away.

We topped off the day by meeting a couple that we know for supper at Houlihans in Denton. Yes, I do have a small social life! They raise show horses just east of Denton and the wife and my wife worked at H&R Block together for many years. It's been a while though, so I don't have to listen to Blockhead (my term) stories any more!

Wow! Still quite shocked about that bridge in Baltimore. I did see part of the President's speech on the subject, where he claimed to have gone across that bridge many times while in the Senate. I never knew that Amtrack had a track there too!!!

Out in the train shed yesterday, I did a little more figure painting since they were still out from the other day. I used 4 colors and completed 6 figures and added to about a dozen others. Putting them on the layout is still part of the never-ending backlog. I need a totally rainy day with no "honey-dos" to try to get caught up. Right now I am sitting on the cemetery scene, adding completed trees to various already identified areas, getting these figures off the workbench, and numerous other small and large projects on the list. I have already decided that I will not finish the layout by my target of Christmas 2024, maybe mid-2026 instead.
Let's see if I can post a couple of random scenes of folks working.
View attachment 184960
I guess that it won't work this morning.
I won't waste any more of my time now.

Patrick - Good that you are able to return to work, but take it easy. You need to take some of those accumulated vacation/comp days. They seemed to be able to scrape by in the past without you.

Just tried to open another page here and this is what came up:View attachment 184958
From Buffalo Springfield "There's something happening here But what it is ain't exactly clear". Only his website, none others. Do you reckon that it's the full moon from the other day???

Louis - Glad that you weren't on the road at the bridge collapse time. Will it affect your deliveries in any way?
Mac - Thanks for that video link regarding the bridge collapse. Quite informative.

Everybody have a great day.
Willie that account thing is just Bob tinkering with stuff He'll figure it all out soon I'm sure

View attachment 184956

I have a question for the AI that made the picture. Why does she have cat ears and human ears, both?

And the fun never stops here.
The power is again out, and will be for several more hours as they replace power pedestals and install meters.
Another item, last weekend I bought a truck as a second vehicle. I got the title and registration done today. One thing I discovered was the dealership where I got the car used my old license plate from 2011 to avoid paying the new tag fees, but charged me the fees. I was--concerned--I would have to pay again for a new tag, when I have had multiple tags over the years. The girl at the tag office found an old one, and we used that as a credit so I didn't have to pay the fee. It's been well over a year, and I'm not going to buy another vehicle from the stealership again, so I guess I'll just chalk up the $$$ lost to experience.

Good later morning.

I got the same notice that Willie posted a few times since wake up at 5. I’m being patient but JAZ brings up a good point. Where else would we gather? I come here because you guys are great, there are very few if any ego issues, the modeling is great and the how to’s are wonderful. This is a very eclectic coffee shop that only MRH’s new this year Rick’s Diner comes even remotely close to IMO. I visit but rarely post there.

We are headed out I think to a bakery this morning but we are not eating out. I had breakfast already. She asked if I needed to stop at Michael’s (6 miles), Hiawatha (75 miles) or Lombard (110) or even the Rochelle Train park ((79 miles). As I mentioned the other day we are both antsy (that helped a bit but not enough) but Terry is really bad. When she mentioned Lombard I did dig out my list though! Too cold today with the wind chills to walk around in Lombard, Il.

I will get to the bench tonight

TomO

Morning folks

32 or zero, take your pick, and at least the prospect of a little sunshine. Another bad night-my wife up at 12:10 am, 2:20 am, 4:10 am, and 6:10 am. Yawn

And I finally got a load of dishes through the dishwasher after about a dozen tries wedging the door shut. My wife fell on the open door last week and did a number on it. The unit is a 20 year old Asko which was absolutely stellar until that event. Not sure what I'll get for a replacement with the high probability we will not likely be living here too much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back