Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all.

Just getting online this morning and reading about the terrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved.

On the home front, looks like the monsoon of rain is finally out of the area. Haven't ventured out to see the amount. I would have to estimate 2.5-3" fell in the last 24 hours.

I'm still waiting on my container shipping notice from Scaletrains. I paid for my pre-order last Tuesday and still have no shipping notice. So much for the 3 day max shipping.

Everyone be safe!
My containers were shipped yesterday. Should have Friday. STX screwed the pooch on this one. They could have easily sold twice as many per the 3 Train shops I called looking for more Amazon and Walmart containers

My containers were shipped yesterday. Should have Friday. STX screwed the pooch on this one. They could have easily sold twice as many per the 3 Train shops I called looking for more Amazon and Walmart containers
I ordered all 12 of the Amazon, and am now kicking myself for not getting Walmart's!

As of a few minutes ago, my order is still showing as processing.

As long as I get them, guess it don't matter when they come!

Good afternoon. I couldn’t handle the over 1 minute wait time for the forum to come up this morning around 5:30 andthen again at lunch around noon. At 3:50pm it popped up instantly.

The bridge incident in Baltimore is a terrible thing.

Did a 4 hour stint this morning helping a fellow modeler along with 3 other friends continue his layout build. Framework was over the weekend when we put up somewhere around 420 linear feet of framework on 2 levels. The second crew that came after us cut and installed the 3/8” ply and then the 2” foam. This morning our crew was putting down the AnyRail printed track plan on the foam. I have seen it online but never in person and it really was cool when it was laid down. Then we took pounce wheels and chalk over the track plan to transfer the plan to the foam.

Even though this is my reduced online Tuesday I have been online for maybe an hour today. It really is hard staying off completely but it is getting easier, especially if I have other plans

I ordered all 12 of the Amazon, and am now kicking myself for not getting Walmart's!

As of a few minutes ago, my order is still showing as processing.

As long as I get them, guess it don't matter when they come!
Agree.

I have a total of 105 containers coming this week, some of each of the 12 released. I see they are taking pre-orders for the next set of containers due 8/2024 but no Amazon or Walmart in the next batch

Goodness gracious it has been quite the day!

Still having some speed issues or delays here I see. I don't understand, we paid the electric bill didn't we?? Didn't we Mel? Mel??

Lots of reporting on the bridge disaster, then I see what remains of the bridge being jumped by the General Lee in a FB post,,,,,crazy.
Already the cruise lines that run out of Baltimore are announcing port changes for ships at sea and future cruises, plus the parking lot in the bay. This is gonna cost a lot more then lives and replacement of a bridge. :(

On to happier thoughts, something from the vault?

Peanut Power!! Smaller than a Hustler! Still pulls 14 cars with no sweat!
20141228_212419.jpg

The Prototype "peanut"
midget prototype.jpg

Alco PAwgirls.jpg

Sweet dreams kids!

Yea, just ask all the people who use. They will tell you how harmless it is!
They say it's not addictive. There was a reason we used to call it the "Chronic"

From schedule one with little research to recreational use. Not a good idea in my mind.

I smell the "good sh*t" "power weed", almost every day! Maryland Police can't search drivers based on smell alone. Once again, not a good idea in my mind.

At 3:00am I often smell it in the Amazon station loading zone. "Wake and bake" and it's not that old dirt weed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back