Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granddaughter has arrived after her 'after school club' of playing soccer.
Now to make her some cottage pie., before going to Brownies.

'Wyndham Farm'

IMG_2855.JPG

Part of Charlie Marston's Yard and Industrial Estate.

IMG_2908.JPG

Good evening all. As mentioned earlier, Dawn spent the morning in bed. This afternoon she has felt much better.
She has now been informed to attend hospital on Thursday. Hopefully the tests will be on the right side and can come home.

Just another challenge she has to go through.

I don't know how many of you know this, but I learned something last night. I already knew train wheels were cone shaped so they could go around turns but I didn't know that the rails were turned inward slightly not totally level. I wonder if this also applies to model railroad track?
Swal

Good morning all. Tea and toast please, Flo.

I do not know what you are hearing over the pond, but here very little news is coming from Buckingham Palace. Rumours are flying.
In the news Princess of Wales is named as Kate Middleton and not P.o.W. ???
No word on King Charles' treatment for cancer.?
Queen Camilla has stopped her Royal Engagements.?
Prince William is evasive on any questions.???

That's just a few strange things going on. Now we are hearing the 'world's media' are in London expecting some kind of announcement from Buckingham Palace this week.!!!

In other news; it's Monday and I take younger granddaughter to Brownies. 😀
Dawn had a bad night, so still in bed.
I doubt I shall see the train room.

That is the 9.00am news.

Back later.
I think Camilla apprantly had the cheek (well deserved break-booked for ages) to take a weeks holiday.
The media swop between POW and KM as the mood take them especially for click bait
this stupidity of a photoshopped picture has really gone stupid, do I care look at Kim kardasian who photoshopped everything even her kids.
I hope King Charles is ok, but his age is not in his favour, fingers crossed he does get through
All may be quiet because he is not and poor William might get dumped in the deep end
i feel sorry for William everyone has an opinion and has decided what is going on.
In my opinion, click bait click bait click bait
When they are ready themselves, and let’s not forget they are not baking a cake they are dealing with ill people here, they will tell us when ready
living in a go.dfish bowl must be awful.
And Kate wants sone privacy so her kids are not scared by stupid conspiracy theories.
They’ll tell us when they are ready….
or Harry will spill the beans asap if he finds out first,

So being the grandfather, I did what his dad wont let him do, I let him loose on the tractor.
Well done Granddad!

my single days, when I didn't feel like grilling.
In between marriages I lived in a rental townhouse in Wilson Point near Martin's Lagoon. I lived there with my daughter and my dalmatian, Mickey. When my daughter wasn't home, I often sat out back with Mickey grilling. The young single ladies who lived in the apartments often stopped by to keep me company. I can't say what was the main attraction, me, Mickey, or the grill. I can say I seldom ate alone.

Afternoon All,

Stayed in bed about an extra 30 minutes this morning because I could, and I wasn't itching. :D My skin issues are now just random events. It's not completely gone but the end is in sight...just in time for more dental work!:( No train room today but I should be able to finish the build tomorrow. Of course, then it's scenery time on the layout for the last 2 builds. Today Dad flew back home from his vacation. The plane was only 30 minutes late which is a win these days. Wednesday, he has a serial Cat Scan at the VA around mid-day so that day is shot.

Sherrel- Happy 33rd anniversary. Awesome photo. I continue my prayers for you and Kate.

TomO- I use AIM powders for weathering. You do a fantastic job with weathering.

Guy- Excellent job with the scratch build.

Willie- Nicely weathered tank cars. I love old buildings like that. Sorry, but I think those are ugly engines, but to each their own.:)

Old 97- I haven't had a Reuben sandwich in forever. Now I want one.

Bill- Interesting photo.

David- I really like the farmhouse.

I hope everyone has a good night.

I don't know how many of you know this, but I learned something last night. I already knew train wheels were cone shaped so they could go around turns but I didn't know that the rails were turned inward slightly not totally level. I wonder if this also applies to model railroad track?
Swal
I know the top of the rail is rounded, but I can't say the rail is deliberately turned inward. We had a few sections of rail that were worn on the inner edge, and the rail was turned 180 degrees so the wheels would ride on the undamaged outer portion of the rail.
The again, it could have been just the museum pinching pennies until they screamed for mercy...

Morning folks

Another day in paradise with a cloudless sky and temps near 60F. There will no doubt be a high price to pay for that over the summer.

And another episode of my wife getting cozy with the floor last evening. Put a decent scrape on her left elbow.
When I first got back up on my feet after broken ankle and patella in knee gone every which way I had a wheel chair then I tried a walking frame but got tired easily they gave me a walking frame I could rest my arms and elbows on to get my balance before continuing. It meant I could stop lean on it and use my hands to manipulate kit. luckily I built up my muscles and walk around on my own, I have to admit running is daunting as the knee tends to tell me to go to ‘ell

Other than the wonderful ladies who had a hand in raising me this is the greatest lady of my lifetime. In my opinion.
View attachment 184424
Coming from a Catholic Irish/American that is saying something!
I saw her once (going into) in a supermarket doing her stuff, the upmarket supermarket was chuffed to pieces and quickly had a framed photo of her visit.
I lived near Windsor Castle at one time and her husband and daughter could be seen in the nearby horse show, he would do coach and four. so you could see them if you were of a mind.

I know the top of the rail is rounded, but I can't say the rail is deliberately turned inward. We had a few sections of rail that were worn on the inner edge, and the rail was turned 180 degrees so the wheels would ride on the undamaged outer portion of the rail.
The again, it could have been just the museum pinching pennies until they screamed for mercy...
Gomez the video said both rails are purposely tilled inward. I'm not sure why but hears the video explaining it.
Swal

I have always found the substitution of the letter "C" for the letter "K" when it is called for irritating. This is why solicitations received by mail here with the wrong spelling go straight in the trash bin, those spelled correctly at least get opened before they go in the trash. But then I am biased.

C vs K comes down to where the name is from, I think. A more Germanic heritage would use a K while a more french or latin background would be a C (for ythe same name). Now if they screw up your given name then that's on them as there should be documentary evidence for the way you do it.

As an example my son is Erik, but I know a few Eric and also Erick/Erich have come to my attention as well. Erik is nordic, while Eric is french, and Erich/Erick is more (modern) German for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back