Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherrel - Jeez! Not even onions, peppers or mushrooms on that pizza?
NOPE - Nothing but cheese - some new thing that Costco has started.
I had rather have had one of their Polish Sausages.

BTW - You are giving me "whiplash" with that blue dress and the green one!
KARL can paint 'EYE CANDY & COOKIES' on the side of the VAN?

It's 42 degrees and looking for 59 again with partly sunny here.
Last evenings news showed a lot of digging out up at Running Springs and Arrowhead.
Folks have been stranded/isolated there for almost a week now - it's really something to see in this part of the world!

I have a question for our illustrious media. Do they know that the mountains in California get huge amounts of snowfalls? Sure not every year but they have often. I am so sick of reading or if Terry doesn’t have the Bluetooth sound on the news programs going about the poor folks who were caught off guard. They were warned, they just didn’t doing anything to prepare…
This is so true! But I also think that the general news media is too bloated and now has to search out and glorify stories that in the past were just everyday activities. Snow in the mountains, train derailments that are everyday things (not necessarily the one in Ohio), Presidents falling on Air Force One steps, (I believe I saw Gerald Ford doing it more often than Sleepy Joe), and a whole slew of other stories. Look at some of the new media phrases that we have seen the past few years, atmospheric rivers, polar vortexes, etc.

Scrapple, also known by the Pennsylvania Dutch name Pannhaas, is traditionally a mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and wheat flour, often buckwheat flour, and spices. The mush is formed into a semi-solid congealed loaf, and slices of the scrapple are then pan-fried before serving.
What did all those Dutchies introduce to America? Better keep the good things. When I was younger (a lot!!) I loved "rolpens" thats meat with flour and fat, made into a big roll. Its sour so might be for ppl eating something in winter times?

Troy and any other gamers in the diner. I found a new game.
1678207253898.png

Good Morning All!
29F @ 72% and snowing.

Wife's painting project not done so that is taking some of my time. Between house painting spurts, I get out in the Train Cave. Have to paint the 'other' side of the metal for under the laser cutter which I will do this am. I have not painted steel for quite a while; so far it is not coming out bad.

We are off to Sandpoint to see a cardiologist in an hour or so as the wife had an unexplained 'stiffening' chest pain the other day. Suspect she will go through a stress test and we will see what we see. She probably will get the standard 'loose weight, quit smoking, more exercise' stuff we all have been telling her. She is somewhat scared of which I think 'Good'. Might just get her to do the above stuff. She went to her yearly VA physical two weeks ago and our Doc told her the above also. Wife complained about weight as she thinks because we eat the same stuff, she should be loosing like I have. I have dropped somewhere around 65Lbs. She does not understand that she is smaller than I and needs less calories; or does not want to admit it.

On another note, I have been consolidating boxes of train crap. I seem to have almost 100 engines with the road names I want. There are a couple of Santa Fe and Chessie; along with some not in my era that will probably go in the forsale forum. Guessing that about 60% already have DCC ( half of those with Sound ) so upgrading those non DCC ones should keep me busy when not doing other stuff. I did find my 'rollers' for testing engines finally.

Later

This is so true! But I also think that the general news media is too bloated and now has to search out and glorify stories that in the past were just everyday activities. Snow in the mountains, train derailments that are everyday things (not necessarily the one in Ohio), Presidents falling on Air Force One steps, (I believe I saw Gerald Ford doing it more often than Sleepy Joe), and a whole slew of other stories. Look at some of the new media phrases that we have seen the past few years, atmospheric rivers, polar vortexes, etc.
Yeah, absolutely. The news media is mostly owned by the Hollywood Movie Empires, so you get fiction and drama in every episode. Everything, is Breaking News too...no story too mundane...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back