Running Bear's March 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon fellers. I hope everyone is having a good day. Didnt do much on the layout last night. Actually I didnt do anything. Ken Stapleton got back to me on my Varipulse issues. He doesn't even know what went wrong there. If the issue isnt a throttle thing then it has to be a layout thing. Which means it's on my end. But no way to know for sure. Ofcourse i junked my Varipulse on accident. I still havent stopped kicking myself in the butt for that. So in the end nobody knows what was going on with it. Anyways that's all I have for now. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Afternoon fellers. I hope everyone is having a good day. Didnt do much on the layout last night. Actually I didnt do anything. Ken Stapleton got back to me on my Varipulse issues. He doesn't even know what went wrong there. If the issue isnt a throttle thing then it has to be a layout thing. Which means it's on my end. But no way to know for sure. Ofcourse i junked my Varipulse on accident. I still havent stopped kicking myself in the butt for that. So in the end nobody knows what was going on with it. Anyways that's all I have for now. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Wow! When you said that you junked it the other day, I didn't realize that you meant threw it away! Or are you still referring to the stripped out screw? Did Ken ever offer to look at it?

Wow! When you said that you junked it the other day, I didn't realize that you meant threw it away! Or are you still referring to the stripped out screw? Did Ken ever offer to look at it?
Ok so dumb me stripped the pot out to the point I cant turn the voltage down. Which was the goal from the jump. I damaged the pot so badly I dont think I can even salvage the throttle at all. Which is on me. Sad to think me being a mechanic as a profession can strip something out an not know it. Still have the throttle by the way. If I cant salvage it then itll get thrown away.

Afternoon, today's weathering project is this Intermountain 4785. Dull coat then spray the trucks and couplers.
IMG_3997.jpg
IMG_3996.jpg
IMG_3998.jpg

With the trucks on the rest of the car gets 2 coats of light gray wash. Phosphate and or grain dust can cause this. Weathering the rest of the car after things dry a bit. Still up in the air on whether or not to patch out the CR for NYC as CSX labeled them before repainting them.
IMG_4007.jpg

Our bank balance this morning shows the receipt of our $2800 stimulus money last night although it will be another couple of days before it's available. Once again, the government is giving me money that I don't need and putting the country further in debt. I have heard news commentators mention that someone (or many) are just paying for votes already cast!

Risking a no-no or shush for politics, the previous administration wanted to do the same thing, although distribute the dollars differently. The $1.9T tax cuts and jobs act was never paid for either. One has to wonder how long we can keep kicking the can down the road. One thing is for certain. no member or follower of either party ever gets to lecture me about fiscal responsibility ever again. I'm like you. I've had the good fortune not to be affected by the pandemic financially, other than some slowdown in business. I don't need the money either. I might feel differently if I was having trouble putting food on the table. You can always donate. Directly to people in need, or to food pantries, local senior centers, or where you see fit. If you don't need it, put it with someone who does. We've done that, and it feels good.

Got this in the mail today. I was tracking on ebay for some time and when my Varipulse fiasco happened I knew I needed a walk around replacement. Told myself mrc has never given me problems so let's order this. It cost $17 and talk about money well spent!!! Doesn't put out a lot of amps but this thing is amazing! It performs like the Varipulse without the noise. It is bulky but man alive! MRC should bring these back! Unless theres something to them that makes them unwanted. I have no idea what the lifespan on these are. Anyone know anything on these?
20210313_153957.jpg

Our bank balance this morning shows the receipt of our $2800 stimulus money last night although it will be another couple of days before it's available. Once again, the government is giving me money that I don't need and putting the country further in debt.
I'll send you a list of train stuff you can buy for me. This way some of the sales tax will make it back to the government. It's a win win, I feel good and you'll feel good about it. If nothing else you'll feel good about the gift you gave me.😇

A good day today! my long awaited Athearn chair cars arrived. They were only pushed back once, for about a month. They'll fit nicely into that Del Monte train I've been working on. Note the black window gaskets, missing on previous cars. Need people and gotta get rid of those plastic couplers!
SP Chair car.JPG

rust
View attachment 125858
i can’t photos of the build on this
but I painted the main colour first,
added a little white to each to denote fade
dabbed brown on,
then dab orangey brown on the brown,
then dribble black on the original base colour,
then finally a transparent black dribble, allow to
and a second transparent black dribble,
allow the paint to follow a downward motion as in nature, not painting it.
if you struggle with a paint brush a small syringe has control.
Very nice. if you want to take them a step further try a little chalk over them after painting. Also, check out this short video on painting castings.

I totally agree. Indiana used to be rattler free thanks to hunters clearing them out. Some brilliant govt employee decided to reintroduce them. Now I won't camp at half our state parks because of all the "beware of rattler" signs out. (and a snake phobia that involves much screaming and much running)

Greetings shop dwellers. Coffee and pile o bacon before the west coast crew shows up.

Didn't do much yesterday. Good intentions on finishing up my WWII Soviet soldiers in the evening. But the vaccine on Thursday made me a very sleepy modeler. I turned the telly on in the evening, slept through three hours of Mythbusters. Turned telly off, went to bed and slept another 7 hours with only one midnight piddle trip.

I'm planning on two full days down with the man-flu as my body adjusts when I get the second dose. It's the one that's supposed to really have kick. I had the same experience with the Shingles vaccine 2nd dose. First was meh... sleepy. Second was fever, chills, two days of blah nastiness.

Got some gaming planned for later today. Hanging out online with some buddies from SoCal. We'll be storming the castle via online maps and video chats.
We used to keep snakes
I guess I am alone in having read the sign on the building.
the fun part is there are not just to scale they are radio controlled!
698806F1-4BE2-48CD-A2B8-6C72D30883EF.jpeg
1C2A9E8B-9AFF-4CA1-86DE-E558EA071F97.jpeg

Remember the rule about Politics.
No punch ups about politics...no arguments no buns fights....boring...as I am not American can I say I like T....and promise not another word on the subject...mmm p. P pfffp h ...yeah promise not another word,your politics had been so much fun we watched loads, the crookedness of politicians around the world....now I didn’t say which country or which party....POTUS a term i was never aware until the last few years. Sorry sorry zipped.The UK lot are far less entertaining. If I have overstepped cut it or my post....my poor tank.

everybody I know in my age range [who is NOT a medical professional or a teacher] has not yet been able to get an appointment for vaccine.
Ken : its not any better here. As of Monday I become eligible , but It doesn't really matter because nobody has any vaccine appointments available.

There's more going on than beats the eye , the little grocer downtown got over a 1000 doses , The big chain grocer across the street only got 600 for 2 stores (200 here and 400 in the next town which is larger ). Go figure.

As far as I know , none of the primary care locations are going get any, Its all going to Pharmacies/ Grocery stores. They want to keep the Covid stuff away from the primary care.

So if you want a shot you have to go either to one of the mass indoctrination centers , swear an oath, take down your pants ,touch your ankles, spread your cheeks and sing the Star Spangled Banner , or..... the local pharmacy. I am going for the pharmacy cuz I can't touch my ankles anymore.

Its easy to make people eligible for doses you don't have.

Its not anything that I didn't expect a year ago , when this all started. I figured 18 months to 2 years , and we're closing in on 18(~ June-July).

Ok so dumb me stripped the pot out to the point I cant turn the voltage down. Which was the goal from the jump. I damaged the pot so badly I dont think I can even salvage the throttle at all. Which is on me. Sad to think me being a mechanic as a profession can strip something out an not know it. Still have the throttle by the way. If I cant salvage it then itll get thrown away.
Pots are easily replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back