Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you will have to do a bit of processing to get the coal to look HO scale.

I finished the 1040X form for 2015 and 2016. Getting even more money back than I had first rough guesstimated. I can't find my SS 1099R form for 2014 so I can't file that one just yet.
Not I have to go back and do the state returns too. Dang, this is getting to be a lot like work. I'm supposed to be playing with my trains in the evening.

My Latest purchase. Now all I need is the time to play with it.

Lionel O 6-83384 Legacy EMD NW2 Diesel Locomotive, Baltimore and Ohio #9527 (Built to Order)
LIO-6-83384-2__88923.1519314520.jpg

Well I stumbled upon something earlier. I found a shortline here in the Charleston,WV area that's still active that I didn't even know existed. I find that maybe my thought process has been wrong about my views of coal railroading. This shortline only serves a single loadout. It interchanges with CSX on the mainline here. If anyone is interested here is a link to a website that details the railroad:

https://www.wvncrails.org/winifrede-big-eagle-railroad.html

I will also enclose a pic of the train going under the C&O mainline. It is a tight fit for sure.
4c39e75af046aca0529f54788e13ef32.jpg

Justin

Lois... Good to see you. I like the B&O switcher.

Justin .... Nice photo of the short line train. Looks like a bad place for a brakeman to be holding on to a grab iron of one of the hoppers.

In the picture below, you can see the GN GP7's have completed their temporary assignment as helpers. They have returned to normal duty hauling freight. They are Atlas models and so is the CB&Q Alco S2.

27166082078_968866a499_b.jpg

Thank you Garry! Great pictures, I love those GP7s! I love to see equipment working the rails when it looks like it came straight from the factory, or out of the paint booth or maybe the wash bay and those colors are really appealing!!!

Your layout is a true masterpiece of model railroading.

Good Morning All. 60° and foggy here this morning. I'm off to the clinic for the colonoscopy this morning. Prep seems to have gone well except that I haven't eaten since Tuesday night. 36 hours so far with probably 6 more to go.
Finished installing the fence on the farm out in the train shed yesterday. Everything on hold right now.

Gotta go now, in the middle of the second prep prior to leaving.

Willie

Good morning everyone. 53 and raining like crazy. tomorrow's supposed to be a dry day - we need it. Flo, a big cup of coffee, cream, no sugar, and a bear claw, please.

Justin - I've read Homer Hickam's books about growing up in Coalwood, WV - Rocket Boys (or the movie based on it, October Sky), The Coalwood Way, Sky of Stone, and some others. Interesting life.
Garry - Another great photo of your layout. I love the realistic look of everything.
Willie - Couldn't find a e-card that says "Best wishes on your colonoscopy" so this will have to do ;). Hope everything comes out okay :rolleyes: You gotta hand it to those doctors who work "down there where the sun don't shine" :eek:

In the train room, made good progress yesterday on the main line through the new section of the layout - - almost finished the scenery infrastructure and laid 6 feet of cork roadbed. The Cape Cod house build goes slowly - I forgot to paint the gutters and downspouts, so that's done and I'll glue them in place tonight. May not get on the forum again until Monday - I've got tomorrow off of work for Good Friday.

Have a good day and a wonderful weekend everyone.

Trying to catch up (it aint gonna happen) I found this photo.
You have got to love big Blue. I love big Blue! Thank you Chet!

As for catching up, I'll just say instead; I pray everybody that has or had troubles, they get sorted out easily. I pray we all enjoy health and happiness in our homes.

When I am done being so busy, I will return on a more regular basis.

For now I will slowly continue working my to do list. I work so slowly the to do list is perpetually growing.

Sherrel, thank you. It was well worth my time to ask for your advice with my hardwood floors. The project is proceeding much slower than expected, but with results far better than I hoped for! You are the man, the great wizard of the forest.

Good morning. 34 degrees and light clouds. Should be up into the 50's again today.

Louis - Glad to see you stopping by. I do understand that you are quite busy with the new house.

Willie - Hope everything comes out alright.

Justin - Excellent photo, That is a bit tight. Living in coal country, yo can always grind up a few lumps and haul real coal. Just keep the coal dust down.

Garry - You just keep coming up with some outstanding photos. Sweet.

Finished up for the week here at work, but have to stick around and answer the phones. Guess I could watch train videos on YouTube for the rest of the day.

Here's a rail photo for today.

053a76ac2ad387a037e751226bf1ae20.jpg

Later

Good morning. It's clear and 60.
Took my wife to the two doctor appointments yesterday. It seems one of those doctors believes it to be elder abuse if a person under the age of 65 leaves a disabled person over 65 for an extended period of time--such as, say 8-10 hour per day, like going to work. I'm going to do some research into that topic before saying anything else.

Justin: I used to have an Aunt, Uncle, and Cousins that lived in Winifrede. Would go over to their house each year we visited and it was great fun to go play in the creek behind their house. My Uncle and Dad would caution against actually getting in the creek. Saw trains pulling coal out of that holler many times.

Good morning ....

Louis ... Thanks for commenting. The Atlas diesels in the photo are a few years old, but still look new. Not many of my locomotives are weathered.

Johnny ... Thanks for remake on my photo and the entertainment for Willie

Chet ... Thanks for your comment. The rail photo of the day is artistic.

Willie ... I hope it goes well. The prep is the worst part. I did not need an anesthetic when I had mine last summer. I had good results, and won't need another for 10 years.

Terry .... I don't think that doctor should have said that.

Good Morning everyone....Sunny in Wisconsin this morning.

Garry: Again a great photo of your layout. The fence between buildings on the backdrop is a great idea, which I plan to use. The photographic background behind the build adds real depth to the scene. Like the angled cattle pens. How deep is that scene from the edge of the layout to the background?

Justin: Nice photograph of the locomotive and tunnel.That natural weathering of the tunnel is something that we could model. That 13'4" clearance sign shows the age of the overpass.

No trains today it looks like so far since we ave sign the dotttted line for our kitch remodeling.

That's all folks.

Greg

#################

2974_1428194281.jpg

Good scene to model.

Justin: Weird coincidence, Google street view has that same loco working the exact same spot as your second video. That whole area would be a great modeling site with the coal barge loader, rail traffic, and the major roads. I just love the technology available today.

Colonoscopy ain't fun but at least you ain't awake. Only found one polyp when they did mine. However, when they did the endoscope, (EDG), that's when they found the Cancerous lump. So folks, please have BOTH tests done. Yeah. it ain't fun but I'm still here and healthy four years later.
Wish y'all Health and warmth and happiness.

Phil

I really don't mind the Colonoscopy so much as not being able to eat and going through the clean out process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back